[deep drum&bass] sf - codex
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 08-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #1
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 112910
Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,315 Posts
[deep drum&bass] sf - codex

Been working on it for a while until I got tired of it. Things to consider: development, sound design and production. Track name also. Let me know what you think.

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [deep drum&bass] sf - codex.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2860
Re: [deep drum&bass] sf - codex

You got tired of it How will we feel then....
Why is there 2:30 minute intro of some sort :-D
I did like beats. Needs some melody?

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

great atmosphere, nice pads, great textures. The rythm and flow in this track are great.
maybe the kick is somewhat too punchy but others may disagree
textures are amazing & I love the level of detail, I also really like the break at 5:30..

this is awesome work.
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Vault O)))
Eternal Echoer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Public Enema #2
MC Status: 31460

The kick definitely sounds all-beater / little-bottom, but I think the loud volume of it plays well into the context of the track. You nailed the hits, 'breaks', and every other part of the percussion (I know they're not just recycled breaks but rather a highly-detailed aspect of the arrangement, hence the quotes).

The atmosphere and subtle sounds that seemingly never repeat create a cinematic experience of sorts. Out of personal preference I'd love to hear a version without the drums at all (or maybe just the quieter layers), so maybe the kick is just too up-front for my taste, although I usually love the tight-beater sound.

Around 5:30 is where the magic happens for me

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6760

Awesome. Love the movement. Seems very thoughtful to me.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
ms_
Biscuits
ms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MCms_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 112910
Thanked 2,258 Times in 1,315 Posts

wow i totally forgot i posted this crap here. This needs a re-work, clearly. I went for 10 minutes because why not and I agree that kick is a bit lame and needs to be fixed. Thanks for the thoughts and feedback.

Advertisements

------------------
ms_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote