[Dark Ambient] Xenojam - Aesotheric
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
Marittiello
Analog Lurker
Marittiello is on a distinguished road
Napoli,Marano di Napoli
MC Status: 10
[Dark Ambient] Xenojam - Aesotheric

Other dark song
Hope you enjoy and thank you in advance for all comments, criticisms and recommendations

Guys I have enabled the download tracking me on soundcloud ... some have downloaded, according to you is better than the levo or is it a good thing?

Advertisements

Marittiello is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dark Ambient] Xenojam - Aesotheric.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:04 AM   #2
Marittiello
Analog Lurker
Napoli,Marano di Napoli
Re: [Dark Ambient] Xenojam - Aesotheric

Old 04-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 17160

Edit: Soundcloud critique. I didn't bother to click the YT video

The transients in this make the track sound like a slowed down version of another song, almost like plunderphonics. Assuming you were going for dark ambient, I hear very little contrast between elements, and everything seems to be slowed down sent through a delay chain or something.

This could be a great basis for something in the plunderphonics vicinity, but it would be awesome to hear any sort of contrast alongside it. In a nutshell, it just sounds like you used some Live warps on a preexisting song and although I love the aesthetic, I'd love to hear a more expanded version. I'm almost 100% sure you used complex or complex pro, but that's just me delving into it. Am I right?

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Marittiello
Analog Lurker
Napoli,Marano di Napoli

Hello, sorry for the delay ... what you mean by "contrast"? I'm Italian ... maybe google translate is not good say in the sense that everything is dissolved?

however, I have my own method to create this type of tracks, all work in a normal speed, then slow it down, because then imagine how it will be once again slowed down ... but the important thing is that I do not use anything pre-existing things or pro, only things created by me 100%.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 17160

By contrast, I mean that there doesn't seem to be anything outside of that chain, like a wildly different element that shows the depth of the cool effects you have going on. If everything seems to be affected by your delay chain, it can almost get clouded up and appear muddy (especially if it's just existing on the stereo bus). Any type of contrast would probably reveal the depth behind it, particularly if it's drier or resonating in a totally different way.

By complex pro, I just meant one of the warping algorithms in live which wouldn't discount that you created the sounds at all, and it definitely sounds like it was made from scratch nonetheless (and by that, I mean it's organic and original-sounding).

Still, I like it. It's highly experimental

Advertisements

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote