[Classical Acoustic/Indy Rock] Brogner- Fancy Guitar Riffs
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #1
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Bergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to behold
Wisconsin
MC Status: 860
[Classical Acoustic/Indy Rock] Brogner- Fancy Guitar Riffs

Over the past few days I have been "practicing song writing"

I wrote different Riffs and I really like how they turned out, so I thought I would share them.

5 Riffs total

If anyone would be interested in seeing the midi just let me know.

Advertisements

------------------
Bergnermd is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Classical Acoustic/Indy Rock] Brogner- Fancy Guitar Riffs.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 85500
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,132 Posts
Re: [Classical Acoustic/Indy Rock] Brogner- Fancy Guitar Riffs

Cool idea - it doesn't really sound very natural though. I'm not sure if it's due to you not having access to a good guitar sampler or if it's the rigidity of your sequencing. I wonder if it would sound better on piano.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Bergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to beholdBergnermd is a splendid one to behold
Wisconsin

Thanks. A wave table synth was used for voicing. I'm also pretty rigid.

------------------
Old 04-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 17160

Did you overdub or jam this all out? It kind of sounds like an EDM ballad, if such a thing existed. I could see it bleeding into the hypothetical 'next track' where the same MIDI has been cut up among separate synths and totally fleshed out.

I think what I'm trying to say is that if you make a track out of it, this would still serve as a cool intro. I like the rigidity, too.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Wisconsin

A mix of both. I recorded myself playing the basic chord progression on midi. Quantized the fuck out of it, then equalized the velocity to zero for all the notes. I then sat there and filled out a melody over the chord progression and raised the velocity of the notes for the melody and the bass line so they would stand out against the backing chord progression. I used just one synth for the entire recording.

I would like to use these riffs as a template for future songs. or if somebody more artistically inclined could maybe ask to see the midi and come up with a more colorful version of one of these riffs, that would work as well. (hint) (hint)

------------------
Old 04-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #6
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

Very nice melody. I have to agree that the guitar sound itself is lacking a bit. Immediately sounds like a synth. There's no strumming sound and all of the notes are hitting with equal velocity which is a dead giveaway. Look into changing the velocities on some of the notes and move them slightly out of timing to give it that natural, imperfect sound. No one plays an instrument in a way that every note hits perfectly right on time.

I'd play around with the synth or maybe try other instruments? It could work really well as a piano track I think so long as you mess with the velocities as mentioned earlier. I would love to hear it pick up in the second half with some percussion and a baseline. I think it has a ton of potential.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic[B]

Lookin' for a rapper or vocalist for this track!
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #7
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Wisconsin

Thanks for the good feedback. I consciously approached this project more from a song writing aspect so I could get some ideas out of my head. I actually had a lot of fun practicing different song writing techniques. I am working on new material and adding drum samples to the mix. I am also working on really fancy chord progression stuff, maybe it will work, maybe it will fall apart... who knows

------------------
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #8
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46079964
Thanked 1,226 Times in 826 Posts

heh i like the early 90s rigidity

also, the instruments

add reverb and you have a "riven" piece

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #9
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Wisconsin

thanks, I have the same kinda thoughts about this too. when I was about half way through coming up with the second riff I started to hear familiar parts but I couldn't figure out from what. Later on I was listening to a 90's Seattle Sound playlist I made a while back and then Nirvana's live performance of Lake of Fire came up and yeah, that was what my inner ear was hearing. That was about the most exciting thing that has happened to me in a long time.

------------------
Old 04-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #10
BitterLad
Minor Glitch
BitterLad has a spectacular aura aboutBitterLad has a spectacular aura aboutBitterLad has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

I like that part of the first riff when the bass kind of comes in and it gets more loud and full -- same with that part around the end.

Maybe, as an experiment, it would be fun to make these melodies the template for several songs, each with different styles/instruments/approaches (if that makes any sense,) just to see what happens.
BitterLad is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #11
Stressshot
Minor Glitch
Stressshot is on a distinguished road
Helsinki
MC Status: 10

Good Job!
Stressshot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #12
Bergnermd
Knob Twiddler
Wisconsin

Thanks, I am most likely doing that when I get sick of song writing =)

Advertisements

------------------