[Chillout] moppy - healing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 03-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
Moppy
Granular Poster
Moppy will become famous soon enoughMoppy will become famous soon enough
Cairns
MC Status: 110
[Chillout] moppy - healing

Hi guys,
Would love your feedback/criticisms on this one..

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
Moppy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chillout] moppy - healing.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:42 AM   #2
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387
Re: [Chillout] moppy - healing

I love the vibe of this!

I would love for the intro to be a bit louder. I love that the bells in the intro are actually triplets. It twisted my brain in a weird way when the drums came in (that's a good thing ).

There's a drum that comes in at 2:09 with the Indian sounding percussion. It's panned to the left and hits on the offbeat of the third beat of every bar (does that even make sense?). I feel like it's a little high in the mix or something about it's timbre bothers me. Maybe just EQ it differently?

Other than that one tiny thing, I think this song is awesome. New favorite.
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460

hey

nice track. the beginning reminds me somewhat of early bonobo stuff.
I would opt for a more snappy snare, but that may take the chill out of it though

I also like the oriental vibe from 2:14 on.
you could also fill up the break between 1:50 and 2:10 more with some background noise (for example some random street sounds) but it might not be what you're going for.

overall nice chill track. I also like the bass synth
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
Moppy
Granular Poster
Cairns

Thanks for your feedback guys, I really appreciate it! I know what you mean with that "sucking" sort of timbre on the drum sample, I wanted it to be intentially unexpected but I'll try and EQ/compress it to make it a little less of a shock to the ears. Also I tried bumping up the snare but it sort of killed the vibe I was going for so I might leave that as is, background samples in the breakdown is a cracker of an idea though so cheers for that!

------------------
Old 08-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2910

Amazing bass. Might be to much for a headphones, not sure to be honest. It does sound amazing but it doesnt stop, having headphones on makes me..my head is gonna burst. I really like the effort youve put in. So many details are done to the perfection.
gj

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #6
dj_patm
Master of the LFO
dj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MCdj_patm is a savage MC
Calgary
MC Status: 256174

I like the percussion and the bass. In my opinion it could use a bit more variety as I hear so much potential for a really cool laid back, downtempo EDM song in the vein of Odesza, Crooked Colors...etc. but that's a total taste thing.

Besides that I don't really have anything to add. I think you nailed what you were going for. Maybe just turn that low end up a bit more?

Good work.

------------------
http://www.facebook.com/mystricmusic

I like remixing pop songs.
dj_patm is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #7
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Nice track indeed, I also wish the bells in the intro were loader - I almost thought I missed the play button at first
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #8
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46080064
Thanked 1,228 Times in 828 Posts

love the slide on the bass, great choice man

also it leaves enough space to make my brain come up with melodies tho i kinda doubt that that was what you were going for

if anything add some dirt

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #9
Moppy
Granular Poster
Cairns

Wow thanks heaps guys, I didn't expect such a positive reaction haha. I've decided to leave as is and move on to the next project taking lessons learned with me as I go

Cheers,
Moppy

------------------
Old 22-04-2017, 06:37 PM   #10
20luggi07
Regular Freak
20luggi07 will become famous soon enough
Innsbruck
MC Status: 60

Nice Track!
I like the glass or whatever this is and the rain!
I get an oriental feeling when I listen to it. Thinking of the desert. An idea would be -in the middle of the song- to add some spoken words to it, but thats a matter of taste ofc.

Keep it up!

Advertisements

20luggi07 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote