[Chillout] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Fall in
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-03-2017, 04:14 AM   #1
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver
MC Status: 752450
[Chillout] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Fall in

Hey guys, we're close to wrapping this one up, but before we release it we want to post it to some other people to get some criticism. There is like a million channels in this track, so mixing it is becoming a task. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

[Private Link] [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Chaotix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Chillout] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Fall in.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #2
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4260
Re: [Chillout] Kant Sleep x Chaotix - Fall in

What's that synth sound around 2:41-43? Sounds really good..

Imo I think the vocal's mid range can be reduced by 2db with a fairly wide Q. I think its around the 500hz range?? Other than that I think it sounds great. Plus mastering will definitely enhance everything in the end anyway.

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Chaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MCChaotix is a savage MC
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyus View Post
What's that synth sound around 2:41-43? Sounds really good..

Imo I think the vocal's mid range can be reduced by 2db with a fairly wide Q. I think its around the 500hz range?? Other than that I think it sounds great. Plus mastering will definitely enhance everything in the end anyway.
Ill try the cut around that range and see how it sounds, and do you mean the piano-ish sound? If so, that's just a massive patch I made haha.

------------------
Old 04-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #4
Kyrpto
Radial Developer
Kyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Nice atmospheric track. Love the slow buildup giving the song a progressively "fuller" feel. That lead line is sick - is it analogue? Great vocals as well.

I feel as though the first 24 seconds isn't really necessary and that the track should begin at that mark. Of course this is only personal preference.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 AM   #5
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Nice atmospheric track. Love the slow buildup giving the song a progressively "fuller" feel. That lead line is sick - is it analogue? Great vocals as well.

I feel as though the first 24 seconds isn't really necessary and that the track should begin at that mark. Of course this is only personal preference.
Yeah the first 24 is just because it sounds a bit weird just starting at that 24 point. I might just jazz that first 24 up just a bit more, to make it slightly more interesting and add to the building feeling.

No analog gear was used for this track, I'm too poor for that stuff

------------------
Old 04-04-2017, 02:53 AM   #6
Kyrpto
Radial Developer
Kyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura aboutKyrpto has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
Yeah the first 24 is just because it sounds a bit weird just starting at that 24 point. I might just jazz that first 24 up just a bit more, to make it slightly more interesting and add to the building feeling.

No analog gear was used for this track, I'm too poor for that stuff
So how did you get that lead sound? Is it sampled or synthesized?

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
Chaotix
Savage Mad Cunt
Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
So how did you get that lead sound? Is it sampled or synthesized?
Yeah everything in this track was synthasized with Native Instrument's Massive, except for the guitars, that was all played in by Kant Sleep.

I've heard using the same vst for your whole track is kind of bad though, as it generates a lot of the same tones in all the sounds, but I don't know how true that is.

Advertisements

------------------