Why not enable HTTPS?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-01-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
TL072
Master of the LFO
TL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond reputeTL072 has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 6110
Why not enable HTTPS?

So as it stands, anyone who who is able to intercept web-traffic (e.g. a cafe wifi for example) will be able to see users login and password in clear text.

There is no cost to adding a https certificate ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
), just the time needed to configure the server to use it.

It seems to me like some time worth investing. Perhaps others agree?

I would be happy to try to do it, but as a relatively anonymous alias on the internet, I doubt you will give me the keys to the server.

Advertisements

TL072 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
Muse-ic
Wanderer
Muse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MCMuse-ic is a savage MC
The last of the last particles
MC Status: 6952383
Thanked 3,859 Times in 2,566 Posts
Re: Why not enable HTTPS?

Yes, I get a prompt on my computer telling me that my password/log info is not protected when I log in. When I click on the message I get this [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

"Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.
Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password."
Muse-ic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 16910

Wut. I use Chrome and I don't see shit

(which means it's not there, right?)

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:11 AM   #4
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 7660

Absolutely should be done but tbh the trump emoticon was a higher priority.

Advertisements

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote