Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
JacobJaru
Regular Freak
JacobJaru is a jewel in the roughJacobJaru is a jewel in the roughJacobJaru is a jewel in the rough
Orlando
MC Status: 260
Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle

Ok so I read that mute is going to re-release some odd throbbing gristle stuff. Like their videos and Psychic Rafters in Heaven.
I have a few questions.
Is this real?
How could this work with Genesis leaving, and sleazy being dead?
How much money are we willing to spend on Throbbing Gristle Videos

Advertisements

JacobJaru is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280199
Thanked 1,153 Times in 741 Posts
Re: Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobJaru View Post
How could this work with Genesis leaving, and sleazy being dead?
Chris and Cosey are still alive, though.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
JacobJaru
Regular Freak
JacobJaru is a jewel in the roughJacobJaru is a jewel in the roughJacobJaru is a jewel in the rough
Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Chris and Cosey are still alive, though.
Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money. Also I went on Mute's website and it's offical.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280199
Thanked 1,153 Times in 741 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money
They still have their own music project together that's doing well. Also, they've been together for a very long time and have a child together.

EDIT: Rather than just be contrarian... and speaking of Chris... I really liked the remasters that he put out himself over the past couple years. I much prefer them to the old Mute releases, and from what I see these new re-releases seem to be much like them. If not them just released now under Mute. Pretty awesome nonetheless.

Last edited by candlesayshi; 03-30-2017 at 11:15 PM..

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #5
Artificer
Master of the LFO
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 23710

Sure, it'll happen in some shape or form. They're far enough past their sell-by date and there's enough interest in the band that they'll release everything left/milk it for all it's worth.

Quote:
How much money are we willing to spend on Throbbing Gristle Videos
Personally, none at all. There's enough of a record of their live performances enshrined on youtube. Watching Orridge gyrate was never much of a draw for me and the other three just stand around awkwardly. The interesting thing to me was always the music and how they generated it. I'm not holding my breath for any new groundbreaking material but it'd be nice to be surprised.
Artificer is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:32 AM   #6
JacobJaru
Regular Freak
Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
They still have their own music project together that's doing well. Also, they've been together for a very long time and have a child together.

EDIT: Rather than just be contrarian... and speaking of Chris... I really liked the remasters that he put out himself over the past couple years. I much prefer them to the old Mute releases, and from what I see these new re-releases seem to be much like them. If not them just released now under Mute. Pretty awesome nonetheless.
Sorry I was talking about Genesis and Chris wanting money.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:34 AM   #7
JacobJaru
Regular Freak
Orlando

I dunno I would be willing to own a dvd for about $30 max.

Last edited by JacobJaru; 03-31-2017 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: I can't qutoe
Old 03-31-2017, 06:27 AM   #8
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317339

Quote:
Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money. Also I went on Mute's website and it's offical.
I would hope to fuck that they would be above monetary spats at this point in their lives. At the end of the day, GPO, Chris and Cosey are more successful than what many may believe.

Advertisements

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote