[EDM Vocal house] Mario D - Far from home
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 03-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Mario D
Microknight
Mario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to behold
Croatia
MC Status: 810
[EDM Vocal house] Mario D - Far from home

Hey guys,
Im looking for some feedback on track I'm working on right now. Vocal needs resampling, it's very stitched up. Other then that please let me know what you think.

It's original mix

Advertisements

------------------
Mario D is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [EDM Vocal house] Mario D - Far from home.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8504430
Thanked 6,270 Times in 4,499 Posts
Re: [EDM Vocal house] Mario D - Far from home

I am listening on a kinda crappy blue tooth speaker, but I'm not getting much kick or low end in general. Otherwise, I like it. Nice meloncholic track. The energy seems pretty steady throughout, which is fine, I think it would work nicely in the context of a mix.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
Mario D
Microknight
Mario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to beholdMario D is a splendid one to behold
Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I am listening on a kinda crappy blue tooth speaker, but I'm not getting much kick or low end in general. Otherwise, I like it. Nice meloncholic track. The energy seems pretty steady throughout, which is fine, I think it would work nicely in the context of a mix.
Thanks for the input. I'm really not a perfectionist when it comes to the mixing part, or rather, I don't know how to perfect my mix and I'm more less satisfied with a mix i get. Few brushes here and there after you guys hear my mix and thats it. There are a lot of tracks out there on the market, some of my favorites, without perfect mix.
That being said, you guys always help me with that final brushes. I'm almost done with a track.

Ty

------------------
Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #4
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 13660

On my headphones, this sounded great, but I can see what Relic is saying. If you put a bit more mid-bass into your kick and bassline (estimating 100-250 hz), I think that would fix the problem on systems without subs. A little overdrive or saturation in that region might be an easy way to go about it.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #5
Mario D
Microknight
Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
On my headphones, this sounded great, but I can see what Relic is saying. If you put a bit more mid-bass into your kick and bassline (estimating 100-250 hz), I think that would fix the problem on systems without subs. A little overdrive or saturation in that region might be an easy way to go about it.
I've played it a bit, changed mastering, some mix, eq's, volumes. Here is new one. I think that's my final, I doubt I can do better.

Last edited by Mario D; 03-30-2017 at 09:25 PM..

------------------
Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
thebiggbadwolfe
Learning The Ropes
thebiggbadwolfe is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
I've played it a bit, changed mastering, some mix, eq's, volumes. Here is new one. I think that's my final, I doubt I can do better.

I Agree mid bass all the way, sounds thin
thebiggbadwolfe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #7
thebiggbadwolfe
Learning The Ropes
thebiggbadwolfe is on a distinguished road
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario D View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm really not a perfectionist when it comes to the mixing part, or rather, I don't know how to perfect my mix and I'm more less satisfied with a mix i get. Few brushes here and there after you guys hear my mix and thats it. There are a lot of tracks out there on the market, some of my favorites, without perfect mix.
That being said, you guys always help me with that final brushes. I'm almost done with a track.

Ty
+1 for Relics response
thebiggbadwolfe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #8
Mario D
Microknight
Croatia

I've worked on track more. Here is better mix. Critics welcome.

------------------
Old 04-02-2017, 07:53 AM   #9
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo has a spectacular aura aboutIndigo has a spectacular aura aboutIndigo has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Subtractive EQ on your non-bass tracks will help the bass feel bigger (cut some low freqs on your other tracks)... The lows and low mids feel too busy, which is muddying up the mix. Otherwise, I like what's going on in the track. Some smooth vocals you got going there. This track kind of gives me the early 2000s vibe.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
Mario D
Microknight
Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
Subtractive EQ on your non-bass tracks will help the bass feel bigger (cut some low freqs on your other tracks)... The lows and low mids feel too busy, which is muddying up the mix. Otherwise, I like what's going on in the track. Some smooth vocals you got going there. This track kind of gives me the early 2000s vibe.
Thank you. It's not easy to mix this, I've reached my limit. There are around 5,6 different vsti melodies playing at some moments so yea. Next time I'll do better. Track is officialy done.

Thanky you everyone for help!

Advertisements

------------------