[synthwave] envelope3 - Remember Star (WIP)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 26-03-2017, 05:22 AM   #1
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 8160
[synthwave] envelope3 - Remember Star (WIP)

So this isn't mixed isn't finished. Really looking for thoughts on the transition at 3:00. Feedback appreciated!

Advertisements

envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [synthwave] envelope3 - Remember Star (WIP).
Old 27-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts
Re: [synthwave] envelope3 - Remember Star (WIP)

It might have taken a tad long to get to ~1:13 where that melodic sustained synth comes in. Depending on your audience, the intro might be a little lengthy. I quite like songs that dally, and maybe I'm not catching some subtleties on this bluetooth speaker I use at work, but there isn't quite enough going on to keep it interesting. I'm being pretty heavy handed in slimming my own arrangements back recently, so maybe I'm just projecting here.

I do like what is going on with the transition at ~3 mins and overall really like the song. Wonderful texture and a really fascinating sense of wandering to this. Really like that bright lead that comes in at the end. I could do with more of that, but on the other hand it intices me to come back and listen again.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 05:09 AM   #3
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 8160

Thanks for the feedback. I was mostly on the fence with the change. Glad it worked for you. Still a lot to go on this one.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I'm enjoying the snare and the dark purposeful feeling of the intro, which I didn't personally find to be too long...

At about two minutes in, thought some little stereo sparkley things could be nice. I love what's happening at 2:30ish with the bendy instruments. Very cool

The transition works for me, as well.

The synth lead sounds a tiny bit too loud on my speakers...

Really nice work. Would be curious to hear again in its finished state.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 AM   #5
phenomenal67
Regular Freak
phenomenal67 is just really nicephenomenal67 is just really nicephenomenal67 is just really nicephenomenal67 is just really nicephenomenal67 is just really nice
Perry, Maine
MC Status: 410

I only have a couple issues with this one. First of all, the drums really didn't strike me as I felt they should have. They sounded a little like they were too far in the background. But who knows, you may have wanted a more subtle feel. The other thing is that the first half was dynamically low, as in quiet. I got about halfway through, expecting to be hit with some nice bass and a thicker beat, and felt a little let down. To see my basis for comparison, youtube Richard Macklin - Neon Bastard, or Daniel Deluxe - King Cyborg.

Other than that, it has a very professional feel to it. Your panning and wideness are good, and it came out feeling a bit like a movie track.

Advertisements

phenomenal67 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote