[deep/minimal house] nanonoise - southern lights
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
[deep/minimal house] nanonoise - southern lights

hi guys

I have been browsing around on the forum for some time and I have already discovered lots of new music, so I thought I would now share some beats :-)

I predominantly make deep, somewhat minimalistic music that should take you on a journey.
but Ill let the music speak :p

thx for share your thoughts and comments!

Advertisements

_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [deep/minimal house] nanonoise - southern lights.
Old 22-03-2017, 06:59 AM   #2
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 8160
Re: [deep/minimal house] nanonoise - southern lights

bam!
loved it from the first second. On first pass it reminds me a bit of Lusine, who is someone I really enjoy. I think the vocoder sound could use a little more definition but I'm splitting hairs. Also, I get what you're doing and it totally works, although I could handle a little more variation in the drums. However I'll be the first to admit I don't grasp any genre. Totally a smooth track. Enjoyed.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of

Thx man!

Good point on the drum variations. I will try to implement some changes to make it more interesting, but at the same time don't break the flow too much
The point is to keep it interesting by tweaking very minor details; but I'm not 100% there yet
Old 23-03-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts

Not in a very long winded mood at the moment, but I love the unusual vibe of the harmonies here, its kind of laid back but pensive at the same time.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 6510

Hi there nano,

I like the general vibe of the track. The phasered snare of whatever that is gets rather old though, perhaps because it is so prominent in the mix. It feels like a good subtle effect that was turned up too loud. The vocoder is a nice touch. I would also suggest bringing the counterpoint sort of wobbly synth stabs that track the vocoder in earlier, as the early bits of the vocals feels sort of sparse. Good piece overall, thanks for sharing.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #6
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer

thx guys :-)

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
: you got the vibe

: i see what you mean by phased snare.. It should not be so prominent indeed, just a small effect indeed
Actually I had a version where the counterpoint synth was coming up together with the vocoder , but in the end I thought it would be more 'energetic' if I let them come up seperately. but I agree that part feels quite empty now :p
Old 26-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
BERMIO
Regular Freak
BERMIO will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Really nice track man, I don't know how to describe but for me the track has some kind of mysterious vibe which I like a lot! keep up the good work, gave you a follow at Soundcloud!
BERMIO is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #8
Creepr
Soundscaper
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 6510

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
thx guys :-)

: i see what you mean by phased snare.. It should not be so prominent indeed, just a small effect indeed
Actually I had a version where the counterpoint synth was coming up together with the vocoder , but in the end I thought it would be more 'energetic' if I let them come up seperately. but I agree that part feels quite empty now :p
Hey, glad my opinion could help. keep on it.

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #9
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I love that kick. I'm a fan of deep/minimal/techno, so you got my attention. I like the little glitchy open sounds that you used and also that you created something melodic floating over the top, which is something I find that is lacking in a lot of minimal, so I appreciate that.

The only thing that I'm thinking during the track is that I wish there was more sculpting with the elements that remain within the track, stereo field sculpting...automating sounds so they float around in different areas of space more, and it feels even more like the track has taken you from one place to the next.

Also, not a big fan of fade-out outros...

Otherwise, awesome track. Really enjoyed

Last edited by Indigo; 02-04-2017 at 07:04 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote