BB52 - Drop Da Bomb
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 17-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834777
BB52 - Drop Da Bomb

B52 Drop Da Bomb

1) You can only use the midi, sample loops and sounds provided. The midi can be moved by octave ie up/down but the essence of the midi pattern must stay in tact. The instruments samples are single note stabs from C through to C moving up one octave. You can create you own sample loops from the one shots and midi provided.

2) The tempo must be between 124-132 (the loops are 128bpm default).

3) You must add one vocal sample of your choosing.

No questions will be clarified. Stop being anal, drop the bomb and make a track which makes heads nod! =:•)

The Samples, stems and midi parts.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

TTHE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES
Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday (17th Mar 2017).

Submissions close Tuesday 11 days later (28th Mar 2017) 23:59 and voting opens at 00:00 (immediately after).

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day, Thursday (30th March 2017). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (Friday 31st March 2017 ) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

Late Submissions are void to receiving a vote.

ANYONE CAN VOTE REGARDLESS OF SUBMITTING ETC.

The Samples Countdown until submissions close: All times are synchronised to UTC.

Last edited by MFXxx; 18-03-2017 at 02:24 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
Re: BB52 - Drop Da Bomb

Footnote

Thanks to Whitenoise for the midi loops and brb for the additional samples.

Thanks to @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
for the "Thanks" and the inspiration for this bb.

------------------
Old 18-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #3
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7360

If you won't clarify your confusing rules, I trust that you won't mind if we have our own interpretation of them :problemofficer:

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 12:33 AM   #4
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11474104

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to I/O_Madness
brb (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 12:40 AM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7asid View Post
If you won't clarify your confusing rules, I trust that you won't mind if we have our own interpretation of them :problemofficer:
Rule one of beat battle, you do not talk about beat battle!

fUCK YA GOTTA LOVE THEM rAGGA tWINS ... got to luv em light sabres...murda

Last edited by MFXxx; 18-03-2017 at 12:50 AM..

------------------
Old 18-03-2017, 01:11 AM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992580
Thanked 4,047 Times in 2,623 Posts

BB bombs

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 02:55 AM   #7
Toothpinch
Microknight
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1860

Sorry... everyone else was so.

------------------
Toothpinch is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 05:47 AM   #8
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 20310

Ohhhhhh

I just loaded up the midi on my pc, sorry about all the empty channels guys, I rendered everything except Illuminated and Waves in pattern mode, so I thought those would only render the midi channels with data for those patterns. All those extra channels are supposed to be empty. And the Drumaxx stuff is just triggering drums, so if it's wildly out of tune, that's because the notes are arbitrary.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to White Noise
I/O_Madness (19-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

A few random extra midi files added.

------------------
Old 18-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #10
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

UTF-8 without BOM. The price is wrong: A nuke ain't. No contestants, plenty of costumes. Sanity is not for sale. The world is already spinning, more spin is maladaptive. Peace listens to living--a choice always available--nevermind the place.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Never gets old
Old 20-03-2017, 01:12 PM   #11
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

Hey will give this a go if I get round to it, been busy sourcing some more work and working on this idmf club bangerz house thing also. Well done MFXxx, well won looking forward to digging through the samples (sorry I didn't contribute, haven't been near my computer since the last one finished pretty much).

Anyway good luck with it guys, catch you round.

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #12
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69882419

The dirty samples and the midis make this bb quite challenging, but I will submit something. Probably going to have to go quite deep, dubby and minimal this time.

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
The dirty samples and the midis make this bb quite challenging, but I will submit something. Probably going to have to go quite deep, dubby and minimal this time.
No worries. Yes the midi is challenging and good to work with. We haven't done midi before as far as I recall, so something different.
Im also concious that there is the IDM Bangers Subs going on so the idea with this one is to try and inspire you guys for your submissions

Good luck and after all "HAVE FUN".

------------------
Old 20-03-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

Until today I had assumed that idmf club bangers was a joke, didn't realise it was actually happening.

------------------
Old 24-03-2017, 04:30 AM   #15
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California

Just started in earnest on mine. I'll definitely have something to show for this one (I'd kind of be a hypocrite if I didn't since I came up with the MIDI restriction and sourced the data). I think it's gonna be weird, but there will be someone crazy enough here to enjoy it.

------------------
Also, check this out.

Old 24-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #16
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Im out on this one too many system and irl issues this week ;(

Looking forward to hearing the subs

------------------
Old 27-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #17
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

I don't think this is even worth posting. I just haven't had the time for it guys sorry (didn't even get round to delving into the midi) FOR SHAME!

So it's basically just a beat...

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 05:18 PM   #18
brb
Commie SJW

Hey that's about as much as I've done!

I've had a bad back for the last few days resulting in me doing fuck all music. 7 hours left. Let's do this shit!

------------------
Old 27-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #19
White Noise
Eternal Echoer
California

This is what I was able to come up with. I sequenced the drums with drummaxx midi from Illuminated, then took the same midi and pulled the notes into the scale of c minor penta for the main delay plucks. I used the penta scale midi for the synth that comes in last, and I used two of the arps from waves, selected the whole clip, compressed them by half, then quantized, then selected all notes of a given note at a time and shifted them into the nearest non-overlapping note in the scale for the two arps. I thought that was within the limitations of not messing with the midi too much, though those two clips ended up pretty screwed.

I felt like the midi rule was cooler on paper than it ended up actually being, and I didn't provide as good a selection of midi as I could have (I just went down my project folder and chose a half dozen projects more or less at random to spit out).

------------------
Also, check this out.

Old 27-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #20
brb
Commie SJW

1) I used one of the midis (a chord sequence) and built a groove around it using all the notes and values from the other midis but altering the durations, pitches, and timings. Honest.

Every sound is made from the samples provided, even the one that sounds like a 727 whistle (distorted ring modulation). I even made the kick into a convolution impulse to mix with ...the kick.

A lot of the notes you can hear are generated using the sine impulse wav thing, and most of the melodic stuff is with the 808 kick sample. Very glad I submitted them. I comb filtered a lot of stuff, too (using the same midi to control the pitch).

2) 128bpm

3) Vocal sample of my choosing: Shaggy - Boombastic

brb_-_bb52_drop_tha_bewm:

Hopefully at least one of those links will work.

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to brb
MFXxx (28-03-2017)