[Hip Hop] SODWN - 808's and Guitar
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 14-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #1
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
[Hip Hop] SODWN - 808's and Guitar

So im trying to make a little bit of money from music and im dead curious as to how much other artists / producers value my work. So leave me a hypothetical price you would pay for this beat.

Also let me know your general feelings for it

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/...ms-for-when-no
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Frank Ocean
Rate this track - [Hip Hop] SODWN - 808's and Guitar.
Old 16-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533730
Thanked 6,856 Times in 4,882 Posts
Re: [Hip Hop] SODWN - 808's and Guitar

That's a hard question to answer. I've got enough musicians in my life that would probably come over and lay down enough guitar licks for me to make a similar beat if I provided a six pack and a spliff.

On the other hand, if I had a project with a budget and had to buy a beat for some reason--the least amount of money possible. I'm guessing this is all relatively new to you (it would be for me to) but I feel like when you are just starting out you are mostly going to end up working with people just starting out. I mean, people can probably buy beats like this on Juno and Beatport for a couple dollars. Or buy a fifty dollar loop pack from one of the many sites out there. So unless they really loved it...$50 dollars for some kind of "fair usage"? Maybe a hundred for exclusive rights?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Heiserk
Radial Developer
Heiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of lightHeiserk is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
That's a hard question to answer. I've got enough musicians in my life that would probably come over and lay down enough guitar licks for me to make a similar beat if I provided a six pack and a spliff.

On the other hand, if I had a project with a budget and had to buy a beat for some reason--the least amount of money possible. I'm guessing this is all relatively new to you (it would be for me to) but I feel like when you are just starting out you are mostly going to end up working with people just starting out. I mean, people can probably buy beats like this on Juno and Beatport for a couple dollars. Or buy a fifty dollar loop pack from one of the many sites out there. So unless they really loved it...$50 dollars for some kind of "fair usage"? Maybe a hundred for exclusive rights?

Thanks dude this is exactly what i was looking for ! Ive been passing out beats for 5 each for exclusives! just wanted to know roughly what ball park to be playing in.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBSDANCEme View Post
So it'll go duh duh du-du-du waahh duh duh du-du-du, or something along those lines.

https://soundcloud.com/i-r-i-2/sets/...ms-for-when-no
Heiserk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80992580
Thanked 4,047 Times in 2,623 Posts

Decent beat. Chilled. I have no idea how much people pay for exclusive rights on a beat. I'm still baffled to hear people do that. Anonymous beats.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 04:09 AM   #5
aktiveight
Minor Glitch
aktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really niceaktiveight is just really nice
Philadephia
MC Status: 360

Hey this is GROOVY!!!

i like how you still keep the flow of old school hip/hop and add the the new drum flow with it!
did you record the guitars yourself? because they sound amazing! great mix
i also like how you did that reverse effect on there to keep the variation flow going!
overall i give your song a 9/10 since there was the same looped stuff on there and the song was like a minute long
Keep doing this and add some vocals next time!

Advertisements

aktiveight is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote