"This Changes Everything" Video (minor iv)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 01-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #1
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65260
Thanked 1,305 Times in 985 Posts
Icon7 "This Changes Everything" Video (minor iv)

I'm not sure why this video really broke into my consciousness, but it did, in a good way.

I'm a keyboard player, but I used to dabble with guitars and these are the types of chords I actually like within my synth stuff, so this is really cool to see and hear:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160
Re: "This Changes Everything" Video (minor iv)

i believe it is technically called a borrowed chord... as in it borrows from the other scale....it is notated with this symbol in the roman numeral system..... "b" if you are writing with a minor scale and you see say this in the roman numerals bV it means that it wants you to make that fifth chord with the major scale equivalent of the minor you are using...

and for this, if you are writing with a major scale and see this.... bv - it means that it wants you create the fifth chord with the minor scale equivalent....

great technique!

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to FairyLand INC.
Nystagmus (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Tierno91
Learning The Ropes
Tierno91 will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Great info,
Thanks for this. T
Tierno91 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tierno91
Nystagmus (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
White Noise
Ghostly
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 13310

Music Theory, the TLR Version covers this kind of thing starting around page 50, and all the examples in that book are from electronic music, so perhaps even more applicable.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

My basic takeaway was anarchy for my chord progressions because there's probably a way to do anything I can imagine already set in the rules somewhere. I sometimes write the way the guy in the video said, start with something basic, then spend maybe half an hour moving stuff around until it's unrecognizable (when I want to do something different, at least).

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote

"This Changes Everything" Video (minor iv) Tags
chord-based, composing, iv minor chord