Dubstep scene
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 15-01-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667
Dubstep scene

Is it really such a big thing still?

I follow a DJ dude I work with and dozens and dozens of his friends are all into shows in the city, Philly and New York. Big DJ shows mostly. Or they just hype them up to be. I'm clueless and envious of such vast social involvement. These kids have got it together. Very much like a punk scene. But I think they'll burn out quick. The tracks I hear are just garbage. I'm sicker than you types. Louder. Drops. I though that should have died out by now.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Focalized
Cypherclerk (18-01-2017)
Old 15-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20060
Re: Dubstep scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Is it really such a big thing still?

I follow a DJ dude I work with and dozens and dozens of his friends are all into shows in the city, Philly and New York. Big DJ shows mostly. Or they just hype them up to be. I'm clueless and envious of such vast social involvement. These kids have got it together. Very much like a punk scene. But I think they'll burn out quick. The tracks I hear are just garbage. I'm sicker than you types. Louder. Drops. I though that should have died out by now.
no pretty much everyones either moved on to future bass or hybrid trap
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Treyt0r (18-01-2017)
Old 16-01-2017, 02:08 AM   #3
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

Yeah they talk trap somewhat but still seem to generlize most everything Dupstepz, and all give the camera the finger at their BASSment parties.

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #4
D42K732202
IDMf Supporter
D42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond reputeD42K732202 has a reputation beyond repute
My hell
MC Status: 8610

it was trend-genre, now it is as not popular

------------------
sent from another world
D42K732202 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to D42K732202
Treyt0r (18-01-2017)
Old 18-01-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710

Trap is taking over. Although I don't go out of my way to listen to trap because of all the tracks that have the same dumbass hats and obnoxious vocal style, I think trap has some classics in it so it might stay awhile. RIP dubstep
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 4161

I have a confession to make: I was at a prom and trap was the only thing I enjoyed dancing to. The world will end soon.

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #7
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

Probably isn't as big as it was in the early 2010's but its influence is still pretty strong in a lot of creative and innovative stuff I've heard recently

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #8
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyt0r View Post
Trap is taking over. Although I don't go out of my way to listen to trap because of all the tracks that have the same dumbass hats and obnoxious vocal style, I think trap has some classics in it so it might stay awhile. RIP dubstep
some of the hybrid trap stuff is ok especially the nuro influencerd stuff noiseia have made a few trap records which were good influencing there resampleing basses with a trap beat is cool.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #9
Treyt0r
Analog Lurker
Treyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to beholdTreyt0r is a splendid one to behold
Sydney
MC Status: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
some of the hybrid trap stuff is ok especially the nuro influencerd stuff noiseia have made a few trap records which were good influencing there resampleing basses with a trap beat is cool.
I'll have to give it a listen. I'm just tired of all the stereotypical type trap stuff that all my ethnic friends think is the holy grail.

After all isn't the appeal for trap really supposed to be about the aggressive drum patterns and rhythm?
Treyt0r is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #10
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

I think it's also the focus on the bass and the minimalism.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 23-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #11
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390629

i'm checkin out the views of datsik & excision's ig (instagram) pages. how is dubstep doing? is the cult followers still reppin strong or did dubstep shift into a different direction? last year i spent a good 3 months circulating soundcloud's top rated trending tracks on dubstep. gotta say alot of the tracks made me sick to my stomach. the sound was creepy & invasive. idk maybe i'm just sensitive- i also didn't check out other places- youtube, bandcamp, reddit- but from what i got from soundcloud on the daily trending tracks for 2015-2016-- it just felt creepy- the frequencies sounded weird- it's hard to explain but what's your opinion or observances? does dubstep have a crowd i should check out? a good place to investigate the current trends of the genre? where is it going? and how does that interact with the overall music picture? does mtv have something to say? what about the bass community? where's it at these days?

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #12
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65460
Thanked 1,309 Times in 987 Posts

Searches for dubstep on http://SHOUTcast.com pulls up some good results for internet radio.

Dubstep.fm and SubFM.com and some other internet radio sites have some really good followings and offerings and have since 2007. I feel that unless a person really taps into the internet radio programs and links, you're really missing out.

iTunes radio and SHOUTcast and then save the .pls files for loading into VLC media player or a standalone internet radio freeware program... this.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 12:11 AM   #13
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado
MC Status: 360

post deleted

Last edited by AetherSound; 28-01-2017 at 12:24 AM..
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 12:25 AM   #14
Lug
Soxdix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AetherSound View Post
post deleted
no it's not. If you really want to delete a post, just click "edit" and click "delete"

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 28-01-2017, 03:36 AM   #15
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
no it's not. If you really want to delete a post, just click "edit" and click "delete"
My bad I'm embarrassingly bad with computers, however, I don't see the delete button? only save go advanced and cancel

Last edited by AetherSound; 28-01-2017 at 03:41 AM..
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 05:08 AM   #16
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541780
Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,985 Posts

The dubstep scene is alive and well inside my brain...
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 12:20 PM   #17
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
The dubstep scene is alive and well inside my brain...
The dubstep you make never had a scene in the US did it?

You'd have loved living in the UK from like 2002 - 2007 - when it was all bubbling up out of garage, then dark garage - then skream, benga, digital mystics, Kode9, vex'd, distance, plastician, shakleton, appleblim, pinch, peveralist et al all came up, then boxcutter and ital tek and bassclef, phaelah all the greats!

FUCK COKI AND RUSKO AND THEIR WUBWUBS

Advertisements

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote