Day for Night
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 18-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #1
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11478504
Day for Night

I just got back from part I of Day for Night!!!!!!! I was able to see Aphex Twin, part of Oneohtrix Point Never's set, and a bunch of neat installations, and I'm wet, cold, tired, and dusty but am having fun.

In case you don't know: http://www.dayfornight.io

Super awesome, visual artists all upstairs away from the music, downstairs more installations that I haven't checked out all of yet, with four stages with bands playing from 2pm to 2am both Saturday (today, Dec 18) and Sunday!!

Anyone else at the festival?

I saw Aphex Twin!!!!!!!! And it was pretty nice, then it started blowing cool wind which was nice cuz it was all hot and humid during the day, then it started raining which was cool, until the fact I didn't bring a jacket cuz it was so warm (I guess it is winter tho) it started getting a little cold towards the end of the set. I just had to keep moving around to stay warm, and tried to stay near groups of people to block from the wind.

The whole festival is great tho. Lots of cool art installations all programmed with video and audio and visuals. Aphex Twin also had this video playing on the screens around the stage of a live feed of the audience, but repeated short sections of the feed and made it all jittery and randomly added aphex twin faces on people.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 18-12-2016 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: weird header in photo making it all messed up

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #2
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
Re: Day for Night

i don't know why this is upside down because it shows up fine in dropbox, on my computer in paint, windows image viewer, and i'm tired and don't want to fix it right now.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 18-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 4161

How was Aphex's set? What kind of stuff did he play? He was "in a cave" for so long so it must've been something fresh.

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampedeMe View Post
How was Aphex's set? What kind of stuff did he play? He was "in a cave" for so long so it must've been something fresh.
He was pretty good. He was doing a mix of DJing and live stuff with drum machines. He played some drum and bass, some acidy stuff that was fun. He played a lot of stuff in his Analord kinda style, not so much like his Drukqs stuff (I was kinda hoping for that but it was good anyway). Played some drum and bass, some acidy stuff. He did play one dubsteppy song. He had the visuals behind him doing cool stuff, as I said, with the live camera feed of the audience being manipulated. It was fun.

At the end he even came out from the booth where he was playing, where you could kinda see the top of his head but that's about it, and came out to the front of the stage and kinda waved hello to us all. Lol It was cool, I'm glad I was able to see him. My list of DJ/electronic acts I want to see is getting more complete!!!

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 18-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

dude i have no idea what's up with the image linker. The picture is upright on my computer and if you click on the photo it shows ok, but in the preview it's upside down for some reason. No idea.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 18-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts

are you doubling it with the Hyperbole festival?
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=145281

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
I/O_Madness (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #7
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
are you doubling it with the Hyperbole festival?
http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=145281
damn, that's awesome. Richard Divine is playing!!!!! DAHHHHHHH I'm kinda tempted but I'm thinking I'm going to be beat after 12 hours at Day for Night. That's awesome. Non stop music!!! Kinda tempted, tbh.

------------------

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
Lug (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541230
Thanked 7,006 Times in 4,979 Posts

Very nice man! Enjoy yourself. Going to see World of Drum and Bass in March. Ended up having to ditch seeing Lane 8 because I was called in to an emergency meeting at the ass crack of dawn the morning after. And I knew there was no way in hell I was going to party all night, get up early enough to drive three hours to the meeting and be worth a damn...

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
I/O_Madness (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 11:43 PM   #9
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Very nice man! Enjoy yourself. Going to see World of Drum and Bass in March. Ended up having to ditch seeing Lane 8 because I was called in to an emergency meeting at the ass crack of dawn the morning after. And I knew there was no way in hell I was going to party all night, get up early enough to drive three hours to the meeting and be worth a damn...

damn, lame. This is my first real big festival I've been to. It's pretty awesome so far, being able to wander around, check one thing out for a bit, go somewhere else, check that thing out... I especially like that for Day for Night, there's music stuff and the media installations so like if you need a break from dancing or what have you you can go check out the visuals. It's kinda like the "chill room". So awesome! So fun, I'm glad I made it out to see one of these. I've been tempted to go to other installation/experimental music and design sort of things, but didn't end up going. Very cool stuff, and I'm itching to work on some stuff of my own.

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 19-12-2016 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: bing!

------------------

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
relic (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #10
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541230
Thanked 7,006 Times in 4,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
damn, lame. This is my first real big festival I've been to. It's pretty awesome so far, bing able to wander around, check one thing out for a bit, go somewhere else, check that thing out... I especially like that for Day for Night, there's music stuff and the media installations so like if you need a break from dancing or what have you you can go check out the visuals. It's kinda like the "chill room". So awesome! So fun, I'm glad I made it out to see one of these. I've been tempted to go to other installation/experimental music and design sort of things, but didn't end up going. Very cool stuff, and I'm itching to work on some stuff of my own.
I defo prefer something like the festival you are at to the constant booombooombooom lets do even moar drguz kinda festival these days. Sounds like a blast!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
I/O_Madness (19-12-2016)
Old 23-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #11
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Videos from Day for Night (since youtube embedding seems to not work again):

Music:

<--- Squarepusher!!
<--- DAED from idmf!!

Media installations:

<--- "Musica Universalis" by United Visual Artists
<--- "Bardo", by Michael Fullman of VT Pro
<--- "Phases", by AV&C + Houzé
<--- "Octa" by Limb
<--- "Ghostbeast", by Shoplifter
<--- "Outlines" by Tundra
<--- "Highline + Shiro" by Nonotak
<--- "Blurware" by Alex Czetwertynski

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 23-12-2016 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: y youtube no work?

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 23-12-2016, 12:25 AM   #12
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Also, here's Aphex Twin's full set:

AND the untitled LP he was selling at the merch booth got ripped and is on SC:

You can also download it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/c..._of_the_vinyl/

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 23-12-2016 at 12:50 AM..

------------------

I/O_Madness
Old 26-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #13
Daed
Savage Mad Cunt
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX
MC Status: 390144

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Videos from Day for Night (since youtube embedding seems to not work again):

Music:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRdAV7CFO0w <--- Squarepusher!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBQNhjY318 <--- DAED from idmf!!

Media installations:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSLWmm9XDw <--- "Musica Universalis" by United Visual Artists
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-T_J7ouhE <--- "Bardo", by Michael Fullman of VT Pro
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjgR7dqmPAQ <--- "Bardo", by Michael Fullman of VT Pro
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ZIJiALl6E <--- "Bardo", by Michael Fullman of VT Pro
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V38Ia4wnPiI <--- "Phases", by AV&C + Houzé
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w3yLhBLBAE <--- "Octa" by Limb
www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4i4Lvonyg <--- "Ghostbeast", by Shoplifter
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgvXCLS61XY <--- "Outlines" by Tundra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1hoRWUu62o <--- "Outlines" by Tundra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvA5b6OkJdM <--- "Outlines" by Tundra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf_-fgfM4ZQ <--- "Highline + Shiro" by Nonotak
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_HL6qspnKw <--- "Blurware" by Alex Czetwertynski
Dude, thanks for getting that vid! Did I ever meet you or say "hi" to you? Lots of people approached me afterwards and I haven't a clue.

------------------
LISTEN TO THIS, YOU CUNT
---------------- New album on MOZYK Soundcloud ---------------
Daed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Daed
I/O_Madness (26-12-2016)
Old 26-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #14
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daed View Post
Dude, thanks for getting that vid! Did I ever meet you or say "hi" to you? Lots of people approached me afterwards and I haven't a clue.
Nah, I didn't meet you afterwards, unfortunately. I was standing off stage right near the front, kinda big guy, wearing a leather coat. I yelled out idmf near the end lol. It looked like you were kinda busy after you finished so I just took off. I did enjoy the set tho, pretty fun. I was making sure to give the yellow stage some love that day to hear the smaller name/local acts. I was not let down!

Advertisements

------------------

I/O_Madness
Thanks to I/O_Madness
lolirl (27-12-2016)