Fuckin' painful
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 18-12-2016, 05:23 AM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 50960
Thanked 1,019 Times in 754 Posts
Fuckin' painful

DJ fails... it's worth to stick around for the no. 1

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Re: Fuckin' painful

Ugh, this was hard to watch. Although out of all of these, No 1 is probably the realest. Gotta learn what your crowd wants if you want em to dance!

This reminds me of the time where I DJed at a high school once as a favour for some friends (this was years ago). There were performances before but it was kind of a pain because the place was really hot and everyone was sweaty. I was the last performer. Finally, it was my turn and my idea was to do a one hour set but I needed to get them pumped up first. I got on stage and I hyped the crowd up. I get them hyped and I ask them to "promise me that they will dance" (cheesy, I know but it works). Once they got hyped, I play the song and.... the speakers blew up.

Safe to say, not my proudest moment.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
Roo Stercogburn (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80991880
Thanked 4,033 Times in 2,614 Posts

does tiesto really mix scatman and that other 90's rave hit in his sets? that's fucking terrible

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
relic (18-12-2016)
Old 18-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8529230
Thanked 6,766 Times in 4,822 Posts

I was once DJing a gig where people were doing ad-libbed paintings live, on stage. They hired me to do an hour before, the two hours of the live painting and two hours after. I got all set up on my own and had the sound engine give me the OK to cue up the first record. I played...oh half a dozen, but kept boosting the bass. Finally I asked the now drunk sound engineer what the deal with the bass was. He walked away and w/o saying anything to me throws some switch and suddenly the subs come on. Meanwhile, there I was having no idea what he was going to do nor did he tell me to turn off the music.

Somehow we didn't blow the speakers. But he tried to blame me for everything lol. I took partial blame as I guess it would have made sense to at least turn the bass back down.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
does tiesto really mix scatman and that other 90's rave hit in his sets? that's fucking terrible
Yea...but...Tietso is kinda terrible anyway these days...

------------------
Old 18-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

David Guetta was completely sober, he just had the sudden realization he may indeed be an asshole lol. That Steve Akoi thing was...just...I dunno dude, you are a DJ not an acrobat. Someone take the flanger knob away from Paris before she hurts herself....

I have seen Skrillex train wreck twice, same set. The second time he said "Well, Skrillex fucks up sometimes." and the crowd cheered. Myself included. He acted pretty human about the whole thing.

I've seen the last clip before. It wasn't even a proper rave or mega festival. It was part of some computer nerd convention...so...lol...but I've defo been there before spinning records when the crowd was lame. Sometimes can you try all the tricks in the book, start playing pop remixes, whatever and never get a crowd going. At that point I blame it on garbage drugs.

Advertisements

------------------