Any Flying Lotus fans in here?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #1
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
jomtones will become famous soon enough
Tokyo
MC Status: 60
Icon5 Any Flying Lotus fans in here?

Looking for more good beat music to follow!

My latest discovery is Karriem Riggins, some heavy tunes on Spotify. Big fan of Lone too so anything in that area welcome!

Last edited by jomtones; 11-19-2016 at 04:20 AM..

Advertisements

jomtones is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to jomtones
StampedeMe (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 03:00 AM   #2
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag
MC Status: 3761
Re: Any Flying Lotus fans in here?

Yeah, that guy made me think about music more seriously. Got some of the usuals on the list, probably known to you, haven't done any "digging" for this kind of music in a long time, thought that movement is dying, is it? Any more artists like this you can point out? I listened to that Karriem Riggins track Virgo. That's the kind of stuff I need, thanks.

------------------
Most of my posts begin with: "Well,"
StampedeMe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 04:20 AM   #3
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

ah, not dying at all, growing I'd say! But I just want MORE of it... and the good stuff. There's so many mediocre, derivative beats that show up in 'related' artists. Ah well! I guess it's a good sign in a way! Brilliance speaks for itself.

A lot of noise on the internet, too much choice, but not enough that really blows your mind. I've overlistened to everything by Flying Lotus - Jai Paul, too now!
Old 11-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279284
Thanked 2,562 Times in 1,710 Posts

died already id say. Soooo many beat makers with flat lining brains looping the same samples as everybody else cause they're too lazy to find something new to sample. The scene is like a big net now that scoops up all the people that are lacking way wayyyyy too much in the creativity department and frankly lacking in musical talent.

lone made those beats years ago! Check out and rinse samiyam

Sam bakers album
rap beats vol 1

and especially the unreleased ones on youtube! Good luck

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:00 AM   #5
Vault O)))
Digital Surfer
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 16410

Yeah, once FlyLo got more than 2,000 listeners on Last.FM I jumped shit

No moar kvlt beatmakers these days. Not even Nosmoking

Edit: I meant jumped ship, but it's worth keeping

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:14 PM   #6
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
StampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond reputeStampedeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Elblag

FMB, what do you think of Samiyam's latest album "Animals Have Feelings"? I enjoyed the tracks with Earl and Jae, but rest was a little disappointing. Heard better from him.

------------------
Old 11-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #7
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

Ah, new Samiyam! Nice, thanks. Yeah, been caining his stuff since I got into Flylo.

Not the same vibe but I've been digging Smerz recently too - minimalist beat girls from Norway.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
Womblecopter
Regular Freak
Womblecopter is a name known to allWomblecopter is a name known to allWomblecopter is a name known to allWomblecopter is a name known to allWomblecopter is a name known to allWomblecopter is a name known to all
South Carolina
MC Status: 560

I'm a huge fan of Flying Lotus. I've been dying to catch him live, but it seems like he never does shows in the southeast. He's not exactly similar to Flying Lotus, but Teebs kind of reminds me of him. I can't post any links, but his name on Soundcloud is Teebsio. I caught his set at Tipper and Friends last year and it was really good.
Womblecopter is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #9
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

Thanks Womblecopter, Teebs is in my library already, some good stuff!

I well recommend Flylo's live shows - caught him in London about a year ago and it was awesome!
Old 11-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
StampedeMe
Future Epic Ban Victim
Elblag

Yeah, same here. Definitely recommended. Caught him on his "You're Dead!" tour with that 3D visuals and stuff, was a great thing to watch and hear.

------------------
Old 11-27-2016, 12:49 AM   #11
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

Yeah - audio/visual stuff was really good. It was a shame the venue he played had such crappy sound! Brixton Academy - it's like an old music hall - probably OK for a rock band, but RUBBISH for stuff like Flylo.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:50 AM   #12
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

It was great to see him live anyway - really great energy. He's obviously such a nice, down to earth guy. Despite such psychedelic music!
Old 11-28-2016, 03:12 AM   #13
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740105
Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,616 Posts

Yes and no.

Does what I'd like to hear more of on a few tracks, but not enough to call me a fan. Can rarely sit through an entire album, but find myself playing a few tracks on repeat for weeks on end:

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:10 AM   #14
jomtones
Learning The Ropes
Tokyo

That track is next-level. I actually really dig the instrumental version.

Advertisements