Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex looper
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6160
Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex looper

Anyone here cut their teeth hardware looping with one of these? I happen to by accident and it had to be the happiest accident ever. A looper that plays like an instrument and forces you to do it "it's way".

for those unfamiliar. 9 loops, only one at a time. It had a really neat multiply function where you could grow the loop from fractions of a second and layer larger sections over it, then multiply that. Reverse layers, copy to another loop and then be able to switch between. All while controlling the feedback so layers faded at a pace you decided. I love it when a piece of gear teaches you to play a certain way

Advertisements

envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
BlindfoldKnobs
Minor Glitch
BlindfoldKnobs will become famous soon enoughBlindfoldKnobs will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex looper

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope3 View Post
Anyone here cut their teeth hardware looping with one of these? I happen to by accident and it had to be the happiest accident ever. A looper that plays like an instrument and forces you to do it "it's way".
These are cool vintage units indeed; IMHO best one is the Roland RE-201 Space Echo.
BlindfoldKnobs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 6160
Re: Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex looper

I think you are thinking of tape loopers.

I did originally cut my teeth looping on tape. It was a Multivox Tape Echo.

This unit, although it has the name echoplex, was a 1990's digital looper. Very unique set of limitations.

Advertisements

envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote