beat battle 37 (waves)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 08-16-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC
a garden with a cassette player
MC Status: 18210
beat battle 37 (waves)

Quote:
THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.

Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Friday. Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day (tuesday). Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day (thursday). The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day (friday) to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

All times are UTC.
the smaples: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Rules:

1. the track must be exactly 1 minute long
2. the song must be 85 bpm
3. you must use an overdrive effect somewhere in the track

Advertisements

------------------
mute machine is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
LouTheOpossum
Analog Lurker
LouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to allLouTheOpossum is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: beat battle 37 (waves)

Me in. That makes two. Anyone else?
LouTheOpossum is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:17 PM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1821177

possibly depends on current project tbh.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
...from the adventures of IDM Forum collaborations and community projects.

Warning: DO NOT Press the Panda...even though you know you want too!!!
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13410

I'm down. So with these, can we use other things, or only the samples provided? Edit**** never mind haha, sometimes I'm a daft cunt. Reread the rules, got it.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashima View Post
I'm down. So with these, can we use other things, or only the samples provided?
Only the samples provided. Do what you want with them...cut, splice, time stretch, pitch shift, modulate, resample, granulate.Have a read through the previous BB subs you'll get the idea.

------------------

Old 08-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80985580
Thanked 3,907 Times in 2,541 Posts

when does that end?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Whens the deadline ?

------------------

Old 08-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ
mute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MCmute machine is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Whens the deadline ?
I think it's next Tuesday maybe?

------------------
Old 08-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #9
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Reworked

Last edited by MFXxx; 08-25-2016 at 09:46 PM..

------------------

Old 08-25-2016, 12:02 AM   #10
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mute machine View Post
I think it's next Tuesday maybe?
Ah well might tweak it a little then.

------------------

Old 08-25-2016, 09:48 PM   #11
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Private link for this one. Bashed it out in a few hours this evening.
Took a bit to get drum sounds but with some clever tuning, compression and effects...presto
Reworked it a little.59 secs and works well on autoloop for contimuous listening pleasure).

Took 4 hours noodling overall...no excuses. I look forward to listening to others.

A good BB to have a tight requisite as if working in the industry.

------------------

Old 08-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #12
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2860

I'm in !
Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:10 PM   #13
Narukami Music
Soundscaper
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8760

So I saw this thread and decided to check out the other Beat Battle threads to get an understanding of what this is about. It got me interested so I decided to give it a shot!

This is what I came up with (Hope ya'll don't mind external private link. Didn't wanna clutter up my Soundcloud).

Made this in a couple of hours. This was an interesting challenge. The drums were definitely the hardest part, for me at least. Started with trying to get any kind of kick drum. After I designed the weird kick, it reminded me of the game Silent Hill so I opted to go for a weird, fucked up sounding track.

This was fun and I learned quite a lot with this! I'm interested to hear the other submissions. I'll definitely do more in the future

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Narukami Music
MFXxx (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #14
mute machine
無意味なネクタイ

Quote:

Private link for this one. Bashed it out in a few hours this evening.
Took a bit to get drum sounds but with some clever tuning, compression and effects...presto
Reworked it a little.59 secs and works well on autoloop for contimuous listening pleasure).

Took 4 hours noodling overall...no excuses. I look forward to listening to others.

A good BB to have a tight requisite as if working in the industry.
gotta be exactly 1 minute, yours is 59 seconds, I'll allow it though.

------------------
Thanks to mute machine
MFXxx (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #15
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

Might do one tomorrow!

Have a lot of other projects going on atm :/ but it's only one minute soooooooooo who knows?

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #16
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 24810

Nice rules btw

------------------
mnkvolcno is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #17
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13410

Nice guys! I like the entries so far! I'm just about finished with mine.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 PM   #18
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
My own little world

@Narukami Nice work my friend. Got some good depth.

------------------

Thanks to MFXxx
Narukami Music (08-28-2016)
Old 08-28-2016, 03:50 AM   #19
Narukami Music
Soundscaper
Narukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond reputeNarukami Music has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8760

Quote:
@Narukami Nice work my friend. Got some good depth.

Thanks man! I quite like your track as well. I'm impressed that you managed to create drums that sound like something that could be used in an actual song, so nice work!

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #20
Valk
Microknight
Valk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond reputeValk has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2860

here's mine

I'm gonna try make a more Bass one tomorrow, life permitting
This was a very fun tune to make, thanks for keeping this battle up

Just saying, I did not use any synths -> I did loop the samples given then filtered + overdrive to effectively make synths though

Last edited by Valk; 08-30-2016 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: gotta spread that Knowledge

Advertisements

Valk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Valk
MFXxx (08-30-2016)

beat battle 37 (waves) Tags
bb37, music, waves