Analyzing two "future bass" sounds?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 02-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
samk44
Radial Developer
samk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to behold
New York
MC Status: 810
Analyzing two "future bass" sounds?

I would like to analyze the type of drops in these tracks:

1:10 - [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

0:43 -

(synth):
So first of all, I would like to know how you would create these types of lead sounds. Where would you set the attack and decay for the lead/synth? Also, how would you sidechain it (only to the kick and the clap, or to a ghost kick which triggers the sidechain on every synth note, or a ghost kick that plays on every beat)?

(bass): How is the bass sidechained (is it the same as the synth sidechain)?

(sub): How do you sidechain the sub on these types of tracks? (I have no sub woofer so I couldn't even guess).

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by samk44; 02-12-2016 at 06:00 PM..

Advertisements

samk44 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
samk44
Radial Developer
samk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to beholdsamk44 is a splendid one to behold
New York
MC Status: 810
Re: Analyzing two "future bass" sounds?

bump
samk44 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #3
taylorfrank
Savage Mad Cunt
taylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MCtaylorfrank is a savage MC
Denver
MC Status: 20112

Synth: Long-ish attackon a volume envelop OR shidechained to a ghost kick.

Cant speak for bass/sub cause I'm listening on laptop speakers.

------------------
taylorfrank is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to taylorfrank
samk44 (02-15-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Heck_Snek
Learning The Ropes
Heck_Snek is on a distinguished road
Warsaw
MC Status: 10

As for the Adieu remix it actually sounds like some brass preset and the second one sounds like saws with perhaps some other waveforms or some fm or whatever - doesn't really matter because that sound comes mostly from a filter envelope (highpass in the second example?). When you get a harmonically rich sound (nice high mid/highs especially!), set amp envelope to mid/longish attack and some release too. Play with the filter envelope. The first track has a slow release sidechain, probably to a muted kick, that way the synths duck the same amount to kick and snare.

I tried recreating something similar but usually it happens by accident Would like to see a tutorial from someone who made it sound this good. However it would be basically giving away the whole idea of the track so I doubt that
Heck_Snek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #5
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 16310

give me a sec ill post up harmour patches

Advertisements

joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote