What do you think of Caustic-Industrial Music
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
MikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond repute
Armpit of the North
MC Status: 2160
What do you think of Caustic-Industrial Music

It's the brand new release. I'm not too familiar with Caustic. Sounds kind of retro, like just plain Industrial. There's not a lot of layering, and no aesthetically pleasing synths. Have you heard it? What do you think?

Advertisements

MikeyOSB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65360
Thanked 1,307 Times in 986 Posts
Re: What do you think of Caustic-Industrial Music

do you have any links... i'll take a listen?

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:50 PM   #3
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
MikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond repute
Armpit of the North

My bad. I wasn't cognizant that not everybody has a music subscription service. Since it's brand new all there is on youtube is a legit promo that is kind of insulting.

Well by the time it get's on youtube I'll probably have the needed 30 posts to embed or link as I'm pretty close now.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:36 PM   #4
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
Armpit of the North

Last edited by MikeyOSB; 13-11-2015 at 05:32 AM..
Currently Listening To: Haujobb-Blendwerk
Old 17-12-2015, 01:49 AM   #5
shmills
Regular Freak
shmills has a spectacular aura aboutshmills has a spectacular aura aboutshmills has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

I really enjoyed it. I have no knowledge of industrial music (here to snoop around).

I listened to the video you posted (facist show).
For me it elicits visuals of peeling layers of machinic sound.
Just an opinion but the synths at the beginning didn't work as well as what came afterwards.
The lines that they were playing were too melodic, but maybe that's the contrast the artist wants to highlight.
shmills is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2015, 03:05 AM   #6
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 23910

Videos didn't work

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2015, 01:32 AM   #7
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
Armpit of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Videos didn't work
Sorry. If this was quite a while back, I did have initial issues because I misunderstood how to embed youtube vids. If it was recently, I don't know. It does seem to buffer for a long time when I play it.

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 01:40 AM   #8
MikeyOSB
Knob Twiddler
Armpit of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmills View Post
I really enjoyed it. I have no knowledge of industrial music (here to snoop around).

I listened to the video you posted (facist show).
For me it elicits visuals of peeling layers of machinic sound.
Just an opinion but the synths at the beginning didn't work as well as what came afterwards.
The lines that they were playing were too melodic, but maybe that's the contrast the artist wants to highlight.
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Industrial (which is actually mostly post industrial) can vary from being even somewhat beautiful sounding to being pretty close to just plain noise.

You might like the synthpop and new wave thread too, if you haven't taken a look at that.

------------------
Old 18-12-2015, 03:09 AM   #9
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 23910

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOSB View Post
Sorry. If this was quite a while back, I did have initial issues because I misunderstood how to embed youtube vids. If it was recently, I don't know. It does seem to buffer for a long time when I play it.
Ah I have been had by a zombie thread again!

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 AM   #10
halford88
Minor Glitch
halford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the roughhalford88 is a jewel in the rough
Milwaukee
MC Status: 310

This guy is in my area, and i've seen him live twice. His live shows are quite better than his recordings. Caustic has been around for a little over 10 years, and has gone through a bunch of different sounds. Some of his older catalog ( trail of vomit, meld, ect..) is a bit better than this imo. Still, great stuff. His blog is pretty good too.
halford88 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to halford88
MikeyOSB (25-04-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:54 AM   #11
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39280599
Thanked 1,161 Times in 747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halford88 View Post
This guy is in my area, and i've seen him live twice. His live shows are quite better than his recordings. Caustic has been around for a little over 10 years, and has gone through a bunch of different sounds. Some of his older catalog ( trail of vomit, meld, ect..) is a bit better than this imo. Still, great stuff. His blog is pretty good too.
I don't listen to him too much. Though, I respect him quite a bit. I've always thought of him as the industrial scene having their own version of someone like the Dead Milkmen.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #12
glasscrow
Learning The Ropes
glasscrow will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

I backed him on kickstarter for this album, and while I enjoy his sense of humor and respect him as an artist, I found Industrial Music to be kind of underwhelming. It's good, but nothing really popped out at me as being particularly amazing or groundbreaking. I'll have to see him live sometime.

Advertisements

glasscrow is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote