Music Suggestions Please
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 11-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960
Music Suggestions Please

I'm looking for stuff with a surreal feel and a nice melody. I already listen to everything from Boards of Canada to Emancipator to Baths. Any suggestions? Anybody producing music like that? I like super abstract stuff, but I'm not looking for that here. I'd like a few tips on Aphex Twin songs for instance, any tracks he's done with a more defined melody ya know, dare I say 'pretty stuff'.

Advertisements

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80986730
Thanked 3,930 Times in 2,556 Posts
Re: Music Suggestions Please

are you following the posts in the IDM releases thread? I know there's a lot to catch onto but there are some that you might find interest in.

This was released last year and I felt it was pretty much boardofcanadaesque, maybe with something of a more synthetic and frantic beat.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
Smile_Price (11-03-2015)
Old 11-03-2015, 10:07 AM   #3
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80986730
Thanked 3,930 Times in 2,556 Posts

Karsten Pflum is kind of an IDM superstar so maybe you've already listened to his work and maybe it wasn't your thing but in my book he's definitely of the melody-driven IDMists.

https://karstenpflum.bandcamp.com

His latest release on Hymen, "Dode" is solid. Some tracks are a little more abstract but I think you'll find most of it is on the "pretty" side. That contrast is what makes the pretty parts stand out even more.

"Slaphead Faun" is one of my favorite of his.

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile_Price View Post
I'm looking for stuff with a surreal feel and a nice melody.
Way to narrow things down
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #5
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
Way to narrow things down
Rules out most popular music imo, as well as techno, drone, and avant garde, but I see what you're saying.

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Smile_Price
Kvlt O))) (11-03-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #6
cane creek
Savage Mad Cunt
cane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MCcane creek is a savage MC
Middlesbrough
MC Status: 10530151

Quote:
I'm looking for stuff with a surreal feel and a nice melody.
Quote:
I already listen to everything from Boards of Canada

------------------
cane creek is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:58 AM   #7
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65310
Thanked 1,306 Times in 985 Posts

Shulman - Random Thoughts album

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #8
Audilepsy
Minor Glitch
Audilepsy will become famous soon enough
Michigan
MC Status: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
are you following the posts in the IDM releases thread? I know there's a lot to catch onto but there are some that you might find interest in.

This was released last year and I felt it was pretty much boardofcanadaesque, maybe with something of a more synthetic and frantic beat.

I'm really digging this

Advertisements

Audilepsy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote