HOMMAGE: Blade Runner / Vangelis Tribute Album Project
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 10-31-2015, 07:03 AM   #1
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 155710
Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,319 Posts
HOMMAGE: Blade Runner / Vangelis Tribute Album Project

What with all the talk bubbling around about a follow-up to the original Blade Runner movie in the works, I've been inspired to put together a tribute album to both the movie and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, the man who composed the original soundtrack for the same. It's something that's crossed my mind a few times in the past, but I feel the time is right for me to actually do this.

I just want to run the idea out to all of you and see if anyone would be interested in submitting a track of their own, written / composed / produced especially for this and making it a compilation release, rather than a solo release of my own?

If there's no takers, then I'll still go ahead with it myself and produce an album of my own work for later release.

If anyone feels they can commit to such a project and actually complete something for this, then please feel free to post here, so we can get an idea of just how many people would be interested.

NOTE: Nothing is set in stone yet, regarding dates and deadline..the only things that are unchangeable are these 3 points..

1)
As the title implies, this planned release will be a homage / hommage, so the ideal is all tracks should reflect either Vangelis' score, as well as capture and encapsulate some sense of the movie itself, without straying too far from both the original score and movie.

2) The use of audio lifted / taken / sampled from the Blade Runner movie or its score IS NOT allowed and tracks using any WILL NOT be accepted. The work you intend to submit needs to be your own work..we don't want any copyright issues..so, PLEASE, DON'T USE SAMPLES FROM THE MOVIE OR ITS SCORE!

3) Submission DOES NOT guarantee inclusion on the release.

[EDIT] Here's the lineup of artists taking part in this (List will be updated as and when new folks jump into this)..

CONFIRMED
Me (A.M / Ambient Mechanics)
Relic
Lebeux
Stercogburn
Kvlt O)))
Thom
dada_davros

YET TO BE CONFIRMED

I'm going to be setting up a private members group on here for this at some point over the next few days, where we can manage this out of the public eye. Anyone who joins the project will get an invite to join the group, so keep an eye on your PM inbox and make sure it's got enough space to receive incoming messages.

OK..that's it..post if you're interested..if you're not, well..move along..move along.

Last edited by A.M; 11-02-2015 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: List of points needed editing.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8508130
Thanked 6,344 Times in 4,551 Posts
Re: HOMMAGE: Blade Runner / Vangelis Tribute Album Project

Fuck to the yes dude. I am so in. How do you feel about using samples from the movie? I am in either way. Stellar idea.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
A.M (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 145860
Thanked 2,917 Times in 1,757 Posts

Not promising anything but that's something I would love to contribute to.
thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
A.M (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Fuck to the yes dude. I am so in. How do you feel about using samples from the movie? I am in either way. Stellar idea.
Great, dude..good to have you on board in this..nice one!

Regarding using samples..I've given a lot of thought to this in the past and looked into the possibility, but sad to say it's a no-go. They have the rights to everything..both audio and graphics/visuals..so locked up, it's unbelievable! It's even hard to get hold of the rights owners in the first place to get permission..besides, it would be nice for this release to stand on its own two legs, creatively speaking,..meaning it would be 100% our own work.

So, short answer..no samples from the movie or its score, in any form.

We've going to have the same issue when it comes to the artwork, but I have a few ideas and am working on those at the moment..more on that later.

[EDIT] I've edited the original list of points / rules to show no audio samples from the movie are allowed. Thanks for reminding me, A!

Last edited by A.M; 10-31-2015 at 05:50 PM..

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #5
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Not promising anything but that's something I would love to contribute to.
Nice one, Thom..it would be cool if you could commit to this for sure..as I'm really looking for solid commitments to the project. If the time frame is worrying you, then don't be too bothered, as this could take a while to complete, so give it some more thought and get back to me with a definite Yes or No. You can post here or PM me..either would be fine.

Sorry if this puts any sort of pressure on you, don't mean it to, but like I said, I really need only people who will be fully committed and know they will be submitting work to the project..otherwise those involved won't even know who is involved for sure..and that would only lead to not much getting done in the long run.

Last edited by A.M; 10-31-2015 at 05:51 PM..

------------------
Old 10-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Great, dude..good to have you on board in this..nice one!

Regarding using samples..I've given a lot of thought to this in the past and looked into the possibility, but sad to say it's a no-go. They have the rights to everything..both audio and graphics/visuals..so locked up, it's unbelievable! It's even hard to get hold of the rights owners in the first place to get permission..besides, it would be nice for this release to stand on it's own two legs, creatively speaking,..meaning it would be 100% our own work.

So, short answer..no samples from the movie, in any form.

We've going to have the same issue when it comes to the artwork, but I have a few ideas and am working on those at the moment..more on that later.
I figured as much regarding he samples. As for the artwork, I'm pretty sure it is legal for someone to draw characters from movies and use/sell it. I go to...arts and craft shows with a lot of fan art for sale.

Anyway...regarding the music...it is an homage to Blade Runner/Vangelis are you looking for something pretty specific there or is it kind of open for us to interpret? Like...I don't want to try and just remake what Vangelis did...so is keeping in step with the moods and themes of the music what you are looking for?

------------------
Old 10-31-2015, 05:44 PM   #7
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

I'm in.
lebeux is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lebeux
A.M (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 05:59 PM   #8
A.M

Quote:
I figured as much regarding he samples. As for the artwork, I'm pretty sure it is legal for someone to draw characters from movies and use/sell it. I go to...arts and craft shows with a lot of fan art for sale.

Anyway...regarding the music...it is an homage to Blade Runner/Vangelis are you looking for something pretty specific there or is it kind of open for us to interpret? Like...I don't want to try and just remake what Vangelis did...so is keeping in step with the moods and themes of the music what you are looking for?
Yeah on the art thing..I was talking about using actual stills from the movie..that route is fecking costly to do it legally and it's just not worth the cost for a release like the one we're talking about here.

As for what exactly is expected / accepted sound-wise..basically a bit of both..something new and your own work, but something that wouldn't seem out of place on the original score. Remember, this is meant to be a tribute to both the movie and Vangelis' score as well.

Think of it like this..I'm not saying everyone's work needs to sound like Vangelis..but the nearer you can come to it, the better..as you said, keeping in step with the moods and themes of the music.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 06:00 PM   #9
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
I'm in.
Cool..welcome to the project.

------------------
Old 10-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #10
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

eh man, I hate to bombard your thread, but would you prefer one track per person or are you open to multiple entires?

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #11
A.M

Quote:
eh man, I hate to bombard your thread, but would you prefer one track per person or are you open to multiple entires?
FFS, A..it's OUR thread..say whatever you feel like saying, man..seriously.

..and, yeah..the more tracks we get in, the more choice we have for the release. Depending on how many we get and the standard of the same, I'd like to try and at least give everyone a shot at a place on the release, but it will be seriously handy to have a few more to fall back on, in case we need them.

So, with that in mind..and I'm saying this to EVERYONE reading this..if you submit more than one track, MAKE SURE TO LET ME KNOW THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU'D LIKE THEM TO BE CONSIDERED.

OK..feel free to post any other questions and I'll certainly try to answer them for you.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #12
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Lol. Right on. Thanks man. Cunts be touchy up in this forum lately so I didnt want to start shit ...cheers man...I am just stoked on this project because I love Philip K. Dick, Blade Runner and Vangelis!

------------------
Thanks to relic
A.M (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 01:24 AM   #13
A.M

Quote:
Lol. Right on. Thanks man. Cunts be touchy up in this forum lately so I didnt want to start shit ...cheers man...I am just stoked on this project because I love Philip K. Dick, Blade Runner and Vangelis!
No worries here, dude, trust me..people have to ask in order to know, and all that.

And, yeah..same here..got a really good feeling about this project.

------------------
Old 11-01-2015, 02:42 AM   #14
GomesR
IDMf Supporter
GomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MCGomesR is a savage MC
MC Status: 69324
Thanked 1,135 Times in 694 Posts

Nothing to offer but I can't wait to hear what people come up with!

------------------
GomesR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to GomesR
A.M (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 03:17 AM   #15
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesR View Post
Nothing to offer but I can't wait to hear what people come up with!
Yep..it's going to be interesting alright..good & interesting.

------------------
Old 11-01-2015, 03:32 AM   #16
A.M

I just added a few things to the first post of the thread..so you guys taking part..please make sure you check it out.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
relic (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 04:56 AM   #17
A.M

Sorry..I was bored.

Last edited by A.M; 11-01-2015 at 05:48 AM..

------------------
Old 11-01-2015, 12:14 PM   #18
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8460

I've got a track that should suit this, I'd be happy to submit

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to dada_davros
A.M (11-01-2015)
Old 11-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
I've got a track that should suit this, I'd be happy to submit
Have you posted it up anywhere or shard it with anyone before?

------------------
Old 11-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #20
Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
Stercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MCStercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42352649
Thanked 4,373 Times in 2,862 Posts

I'm in. Unless something distracts me.

OOH BUTTERFLY!

Advertisements

------------------
This mind intentionally blank.
Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Stercogburn
A.M (11-01-2015)