Kukemuru ambient festival anyone?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
HeikkiSL
Learning The Ropes
HeikkiSL will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Kukemuru ambient festival anyone?

First of all, are there any folk from Nordic countries or Baltia around here? IŽd like to hear feedback about Kukemuru ambient music festival in Estonia. I understand that it has been organized for some years now and last year there was Biosphere performing (!!!which I missed!!). There is some interesting stuff this year and I am definitely going. Can you recommend other ambient festivals in Europe?

Advertisements

HeikkiSL is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to HeikkiSL
Micko (05-16-2015)
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 PM   #2
Micko
Soundscaper
Micko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MCMicko is a savage MC
MC Status: 254268
Re: Kukemuru ambient festival anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeikkiSL View Post
Can you recommend other ambient festivals in Europe?
Would love to know what, if anything, happens in Ireland

------------------
Micko is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Micko
A.M (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 12:30 AM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 159110
Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,378 Posts
Re: Kukemuru ambient festival anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micko View Post
Would love to know what, if anything, happens in Ireland

Welcome to the club, boy..there's sod-all of an ambient scene here as far as I know, but I could be wrong. There doesn't seem to be much call for it in clubs and bars..though you might be lucky to find the odd bar that has the occasional ambient night,,but I think they're fairly rare.

It's not that people here don't like ambient..more a case of they only like it a certain times, if you know what I mean..and not many of them would be willing to travel to attend an ambient festival, as there aren't that many "house-hold names" here..plus promoters aren't going to take a risk on setting up a festival. I mean, how do you get word out in the first place? It's not like there's a huge ambient fan club here to which they can market.

I think most people simply depend on the likes of iTunes, Sound Cloud and the likes to stream tracks when they are in the mood to listen to it..as well as the old CD that they might have picked up along the way, after hearing by word of mouth about it.

Other than that, there isn't really much happening. If I ever win the fecking lotto I'll organize an IDMf Irish Ambient Fest..but don't hold your breath.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote