Electro-Funk??
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 15-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Icon5 Electro-Funk??

I'm confused between electro-funk, electro-boogie, and whatever else "electro" stands for -- it's too broad a term, but I'd like to know if any of you have an idea of what defines electro-funk, how is it different than electro-boogie (if at all), and how is it different than breakbeat/breaks?

also, then what genre(s) would these artists be categorized under (since their music sounds alike, I'm not sure if they're considered electro-funk or some kind of breaks)?

-Afrika Bambaataa
-Bomfunk MC's
-Channel One ("Technicolor" song)
-Chromeo
-Cybrotron
-Flying Steps
-Freestyle ("It's Automatic" song)
-Juan Atkins
-Man Parrish
-Music Instructor
-Newcleus

In comparison, these artists below sound completely different than the artists above (and I see why they could be called "electro"+"funk", but I just call these funk music -- I assume they are funk artists, not electro-funk?):

-One Way ("Cutie Pie" song)
-Zapp

Advertisements

Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote