Mixing and Mastering with Daniel Wyatt [Ozone 4]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 29-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
chile
chile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MCchile is a savage MC
Hull
MC Status: 120124
Mixing and Mastering with Daniel Wyatt [Ozone 4]

Recently I've been checking these 3 videos for getting more of an understanding of Ozone 4. The three videos cover -

Using a Limitor
Mid side EQ Technique
Multiband Harmonic exciter

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
chile is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chile
Mader (05-05-2015)
Old 21-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
EquinoxMiller
Learning The Ropes
EquinoxMiller is currently spamming hard
Houston
MC Status: 10
Re: Mixing and Mastering with Daniel Wyatt [Ozone 4]

No Para EQ 2? That's usually what I do to most of my tracks. I do recall sending some tracks to the Mastering Engineer but it was too expensive.
EquinoxMiller is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
wfrohwein
Regular Freak
wfrohwein is currently spamming hard
Phoenix, Arizona

I been using ozone 6. The mid/side eq stuff is great. If you don't know what mid/side is, i suggest you look into it. It allows you to sculpt your sounds in many different ways.
wfrohwein is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360

I've been using Ozone 5 and I have really fallen in love with that harmonic exciter. It really helps those flat spots blend and creates a universal sound for the album as a whole. The harmonic exciter is still probably one of my favorite things in Ozone. I can compress, EQ, throw a limiter or multiband dynamics compressor on a track separately. But that harmonic exciter is something I couldn't really do without Ozone.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
wfrohwein
Regular Freak
wfrohwein is currently spamming hard
Phoenix, Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
I've been using Ozone 5 and I have really fallen in love with that harmonic exciter. It really helps those flat spots blend and creates a universal sound for the album as a whole. The harmonic exciter is still probably one of my favorite things in Ozone. I can compress, EQ, throw a limiter or multiband dynamics compressor on a track separately. But that harmonic exciter is something I couldn't really do without Ozone.
I agree 100%. It's an amazing tool. The only other tool i found that can boost clarity / presence is the Kush Audio Clariphonic DSP Plug-in.
wfrohwein is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
dvrkdB
Learning The Ropes
dvrkdB is currently spamming hard
Phuket

This is very useful post man. I have tried it too, but there are so many options you can choose for the type of harmonic exciter type. Is there any suggestions to choose one that will suit sounds that you make?
dvrkdB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #7
Mader
Granular Poster
Mader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the roughMader is a jewel in the rough
Adelaide, South Australia
MC Status: 260

Thanks dude, I appreciate the resources. Ozone is a fantastic plug-in. I'm keen to learn how to master it.
Mader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrkdB View Post
This is very useful post man. I have tried it too, but there are so many options you can choose for the type of harmonic exciter type. Is there any suggestions to choose one that will suit sounds that you make?
That's kind of the beauty of it - There's no rule book for which sound to pick. Nobody can tell you what sound suits you best. It's all trial and error

You know what sounds good to you, and the journey to fine tuning that sound is what makes it exciting!

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote