Cool new artists/songs in the last 2-3 years?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 09-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760
Cool new artists/songs in the last 2-3 years?

I noted that in another forum I postet the question 1 year ago, not much came of it - maybe members too lazy or there IS nothing to recomend............

Maybe more luck at this place ? I am quite disconnected to any music scene the last 3-4 yrs. cause had other things to care about.

And how is state of "goff/indus" scene, still more cyber, lolita, festish etc. rather than goff/indus?

Advertisements

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #2
dada_davros
IDMf Supporter
dada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond reputedada_davros has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8760
Re: Cool new artists/songs in the last 2-3 years?

I'm not sure what has been happening with Industrial music, my suspicion is it has all but died, but there are still some good Goth bands popping up. My fav of late has been Night Sins

------------------
dada_davros is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to dada_davros
chasedobson (10-02-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQuadrant66 View Post
And how is state of "goff/indus" scene, still more cyber, lolita, festish etc. rather than goff/indus?
Not sure by what you mean by goff/indus, that's a pretty wide open net. Most of what's coming out of the I guess "mainstream" industrial scene nowadays is pretty awful, but there's definitely been a sort of return to retro industrial sounds with stuff like Youth Code, High Functioning Flesh and the sort, more stepping back than doing anything new, but given what's been new, that might not be the worst plan.
I've been getting really into this whole crossover noise-techno thing that's been popping up again recently with labels like Hospital Productions, Blackest Ever Black, etc...
some examples:

Definitely seems like most of what's being passed off as industrial is more just angry dance music than anything else! But hey, if noise acts want to add beats to their stuff, and keep releasing stuff that channels a strange mix of Coil-esque darkness and stripped back rhythmic noise, I'm not really going to worry too much about what the path the larger "scene" is taking.

Last edited by penguinoid; 09-25-2014 at 07:57 PM..
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #4
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA

More stuff -

gothy:

synthy

I assume you've heard of witch house? if not, weird genre mix of hip hop beats, lofi saw synths, and all sorts of weird random influences.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #5
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada_davros View Post
I'm not sure what has been happening with Industrial music, my suspicion is it has all but died, but there are still some good Goth bands popping up. My fav of late has been Night Sins
[/u]

Thanks, sounds like early SOM or Ikon. But I really am looking more for electronic stuff - I used to be a huge goffrock fan, but not so much anymore (for guitar stuff I prefer metal mostly black or doom).

------------------
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
Old 09-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
I assume you've heard of witch house? if not, weird genre mix of hip hop beats, lofi saw synths, and all sorts of weird random influences.

Thanks, but I guess that none of your suggestions is my taste. maybe the synth track if it had better vocals. I heard of witchhouse in the other forum ( it was named violent playground btw.) and seemed like a hype ala dubstep to me. I already listened to some tracks ppl. posted there, but I guess I don´t like that style at all.

There were releases from 2 bands which seemed to be quite good in the timespan I mean: SP & FLA. I dont remember any other. However before these there was "plenty" of stuff like Ice Ages, Headscan, Tac. Sekt... but I assume this is already quite long ago(time runs too fast).

Maybe I should have not named it indus what I am looking for but EBM, darkelectro or intelligent electro.

Some albums featering this style eg: yelworC (all?), Individual Totem (SETI&others), Ice Ages (all?), Tac Sekt (all?), Hocico (some - more the middle or early phase), Clock DVA (The Hacker eg.), Haujobb (Freeze Frame.., Covenant (Sequencer, Europa), PP (Entities, IO).... also mentioning the more known stuff (FLA, 242,SP, X-marks, Paracont....,etc.) I also like some more trancy stuff ala Icon Of Coil (which was really good coompared to combi)...

------------------
Old 09-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153410
Thanked 3,068 Times in 2,151 Posts

Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

Ok, here is some stuff from "older" bands as examples of fave ebm/indus music, note there is plenty but these seem songs that define the style:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(these 2 were treated by me btw.)

How can I post the YT directly in the thread btw.??

And @ Kvlt O))): I am NOT looking for noise

Last edited by AlphaQuadrant66; 09-26-2014 at 06:32 PM..

------------------
Old 09-27-2014, 05:06 AM   #9
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
How can I post the YT directly in the thread btw.??
use opening and closing youtube html tags, put the url in between them, and erase the youtube part, just leave in everything after "watch".

If you like Portion Control, you should check out High Functioning Flesh (who I already mentioned in my first post btw)

Also, since you mentioned doom and industrial:

Quote:
(which was really good coompared to combi)...
could you have possibly set the bar any lower

Last edited by penguinoid; 09-27-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Thanks to penguinoid
AlphaQuadrant66 (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

Seems I am blind or I don´t find any YOUTUBE tags, I can find tags for SC etc. but no youtube

Well I like the 2 songs above, thanks. Both could improve in the vox field tho.

Also like some "new style" dark electro, which seem to be influenced by Hocico or Taktical Sekt (so a higher standard of new style than the usual drivel)

ESC:

Kriminal Minds (seems they only had this 1 album and sound like Hocico):

------------------
Old 10-17-2014, 03:23 AM   #11
VultureEye
Minor Glitch
VultureEye will become famous soon enoughVultureEye will become famous soon enough
Charlottesville, VA
MC Status: 110

Are you familiar with Wreck & Reference? They're a new band that blends industrial music with metal vocals (no guitars though) and spoken word. All of its done with voice, live drums, and sampler. Its pretty cool shit, I recommend the album that came out this year… I think its excellent.

Also Youth Code is an excellent group.
VultureEye is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to VultureEye
Chozo Tull (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 02:25 AM   #12
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureEye View Post

Also Youth Code is an excellent group.
I really want to like them, but they keep riding the line between being independently good, and too derivative to not judge in comparison to their influences, which they aren't going to outdo (for me at least) I mean, their last video was basically a re-do of Skinny Puppy's music video for Testure almost 30 years out from the original, which would have been fine if they had straight up been like "yeah, we're doing an homage to a band we really respect, and one of their main causes", but instead they were more "We wanted to use this video as an opportunity to show the public the inhumane practices of animal testing." as if PETA hadn't been beating us over the head with it for the last 30 years. (or, more importantly, that anybody within their target audience hadn't already seen the Testure video)

Last edited by penguinoid; 10-18-2014 at 02:31 AM..
Thanks to penguinoid
chasedobson (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1527627
Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,159 Posts

^^ all of that said, i like them.

------------------
chasedobson is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to chasedobson
penguinoid (10-18-2014)
Old 10-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #14
VultureEye
Minor Glitch
VultureEye will become famous soon enoughVultureEye will become famous soon enough
Charlottesville, VA
MC Status: 110

I agree that Youth Code is very derivative, but I like their sound, and for me their take on things is different enough that I don't feel like they're a straight up clone or something.

Another band I forgot to mention for the OP is the noise/industrial/rock group White Suns, who are one of the most uncompromisingly brutal sounding bands I have ever heard. Check out their newest for what I think is their best shit so far.

I also totally forgot clipping, who are a noise/industrial/rap group group that manage to fuse gangsta style rap with abrasive and tense backings. Another good one is Blackie.

Ben Frost and The Haxan Cloak are two artists that make very cinematic sounding industrial music.

I don't really know what "goff indus" is, but I mean, I assume you know Zola Jesus. And also the whole witch house movement (oOoOO, SALEM, etc)
VultureEye is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #15
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

Well I have now a spotify subscription and and thus opportunity to listen a lot of stuff. However it seems ebm/indus is mostly boring now. So I decided to lay this genre to rest for a while and listen to genres where more good new stuff comes out (mainly metal)..my other fave electronic style (which would be psytrance and progressive) also suffered a lot, some new tunes don´t even sound like trance anymore (more a bit like hardcore techno)....

Extreme Metal is the only genre which still has lots of quality to offer it seems.

Also tried indi/alternative but it seems as boring as ebm/indus these days.

BTW: What happened to these bands: :W:, L-strip, Suicide C, P.Pitchfork ? Those made some classics even in the past and now ? Any explaination for this?

Last edited by AlphaQuadrant66; 12-21-2014 at 02:21 PM..

Advertisements

------------------