Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 12-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744005441
Thanked 6,760 Times in 4,215 Posts
Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

Quote:
“Recoiled” is a rambunctious alchemy, of magikal Coil sensibilities and hi-tech home circa 90’s mixing technique, all fused in the cave-like early studios of Danny Hyde / Peter Christopherson. These were the unrestrained PRE- BIG studio- mix downs, of four songs which long time Coil admirer / collaborator Trent Reznor requested Coil to remix. Reznor sent over the original multi-tracks and DATs to Hyde / Christopherson, who independently mixed versions and then met to synch both creations, molding them into these master versions. ”Recoiled” includes a fuller, more opulent version of the track ‘Closer’, which eventually made it onto the opening credits to the movie “SE7EN“. These 5 lengthy compositions are pre-Ableton / laptop generation type priest song creations, with the use of baby alarms and numerous wires to create bespoke effects. These legendary tracks were always rumoured to exist and, only the due diligence of a dedicated NIN forum who hunted them down, are released/unleashed for your listening pleasure. 4 of the tracks were released on the download-only “Uncoiled”. A bonus, previously unheard track from the same sessions closes the album. Jhonn Balance is also manifest on this gilded constellation. Beautifully remastered for CD / vinyl. CD in digipak.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
ab (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507726
Re: Coil / Nine Inch Nails | Recoiled

I love Coil...
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65260
Thanked 1,305 Times in 985 Posts

whoah! i love those two great music artists! Love's Secret Domain changed my Life as did The Fragile. Coil was even on Macro Dub Infection. And do not confuse these guys with the awesome and venerable Recoil (alan wilder) of BloodLine. Trent Reznor did a remix of Curve's Missing Link that is to die for and Toni Haliday of Curve and the guy from Nitzer Ebb and even Moby and Diamanda Galas are on Bloodline by Recoil. Recoil did some pretty creepy lyrics on some other albums but Bloodline has BB King's cousin or whatnot doing techno blues way before Moby got wind of that!

All the aforementioned artists are geniuses in my book and Moby did some killer remixes of the Recoil album too. And I think Psychic TV has some connection to Coil and there's a wicked remix album of Psychic TV that has stuff by DJ cheb i sabbah and Cevin Key of skinny puppy!

Life was good back then. I love techno industrial goodies like that. the connections are glorious.

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269443008
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,633 Posts

Bless Cold Spring, since I spoke to Justin at a gig recently I like this label more and more. It's amazing when a label owner has such passion.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
lolirl
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC

Con-Dom by any chance?
I was a bit gutted that I couldn't make it tbh.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269443008
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Con-Dom by any chance?
I was a bit gutted that I couldn't make it tbh.
You didn't miss that much. Con-dom and Brut were the highlight of the night, The Grey Wolves were a bit of a let down, Sudden Infant was good, but I missed most of it as I was chatting at the bar and I missed the last two bands (Slogun and another one) as it was too cold (gig was in the beer garden).
What surprised me was the atmosphere, people talk to each other at gigs outside London, unheard of!

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (12-12-2013)
Old 12-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
lolirl

Haha, yeah that place is good for that but yeah, it's a bit cold for gigs in the shed.
I saw Ironfist of the Sun there last year amongst others, good stuff.
In London everyone's too busy trying to be a trendy/cool cunt.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
like them hoes
MC Status: 52010
Thanked 1,040 Times in 747 Posts

i like trent reznor and he was inspired by them right? so why not explore that. i don't know anything about coil, where should i start?
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
i like trent reznor and he was inspired by them right? so why not explore that. i don't know anything about coil, where should i start?
Scatology, Horse Rotovator and Love's Secret Domain are the obvious choices, at least for starters, their output changes a fair bit along the way, and they got delightfully weird and dark ambient-ish with a lot of their later stuff. It's kinda hard to say, it depends on what you're looking for, but based on the NIN thing, I'd go with the above 3, probably in that order! If you want to go for the darker, more atmospheric stuff, Musick To Play In The Dark I + II, or How To Destroy Angels.

Last edited by penguinoid; 12-14-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Thanks to penguinoid
SKYCORE (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 02:17 AM   #10
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
like them hoes

oh i've done my stint with HTDA, love that stuff. when the sky began to scream/welcome to oblivion/ice age, fav tracks

i will go search for good quality stuff of coils and report back sometime.
Thanks to SKYCORE
candlesayshi (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39279549
Thanked 1,140 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
oh i've done my stint with HTDA

No no no.... How To Destroy Angels is the name of Coil's first release. They later did it as a whole album to throw a bunch of one-offs and rarities with it.

I'd agree that Love's Secret Domain is an excellent starter, too.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
like them hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post

No no no.... How To Destroy Angels is the name of Coil's first release. They later did it as a whole album to throw a bunch of one-offs and rarities with it.

ohhh
Old 12-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #13
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
oh i've done my stint with HTDA, love that stuff. when the sky began to scream/welcome to oblivion/ice age, fav tracks
Thanks to penguinoid
SKYCORE (12-17-2013)
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #14
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
like them hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
HTDA the band is cool too, i'm sorry for my transgression
Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #15
lolirl

Pre-orders starts tomorrow for anyone interested.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
lolirl

Sorry last bit of spam from Cold Spring but it's kind of good news, at least for a small independent darkwave/industrial/noise/extreme music label.

Quote:
Evening one and all - The sheer demand for the orders on the NINE INCH NAILS / COIL album has actually taken down our website!!! We`re talking live with the host right now to expand the amount of hits our website can take, they said the hits from 1pm today had gone through the roof. More info soon, that I`ll post on my personal site (here, obviously) and Cold Spring will post on FB and Twitter.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
ab
IDMf Artist
ab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MCab is a savage MC
Duesseldorf
MC Status: 46079964
Thanked 1,226 Times in 826 Posts

hahahaha i DDOS-ed the fuckers

that is indeed good news sveldt, thanks man

------------------
ab is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105316539

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post

LSD is the perfect album to bust your Coil cherry. It's music really covers the melodic/atmospheric aspects of Coil. One of my personal favorite Coil releases is Time Machines. Great stuff..

------------------
Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
lolirl

Quote:
**SOLD OUT!** COIL / NINE INCH NAILS - 'RECOILED' LTD COLOUR LP (COLD SPRING CSR193LP)
Not even released yet.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #20
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39279549
Thanked 1,140 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Not even released yet.
Not surprised...

Advertisements

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote