Where do you get your vocals?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Old 04-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Muonos
Deep Underground
Muonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MCMuonos is a savage MC
Atlanta
MC Status: 1336412
Where do you get your vocals?

This may seem like a dumb question but where do modern artists get their super clean vocals? A lot of them seem R&Bish / Disco. I'm assuming they just listen to a ton of older music and cut the vocals out.

Advertisements

------------------
A song from my upcoming Dub Techno EP.

Muonos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
pBrane
Sample Destroyer
pBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura aboutpBrane has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
Re: Where do you get your vocals?

I'm all about acapellas4u.com and just finding some old cheesy pop tune. Always get some nice vocal samples from those classics!

------------------
pBrane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #3
charlton1
Microknight
charlton1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlton1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlton1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlton1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlton1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlton1 is a glorious beacon of light
Peterborough
MC Status: 510

i always wondered the same, maybe they pay.....now i hope i am not breaking any rules here because not everything on torrent sites are illegal but there are packs of accapellas on there >7GB and some gems in there mixed with plenty of shit like the spice girls so be prepared to spend hours filtering out the crap.
charlton1 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
orextx
Learning The Ropes
orextx is currently spamming hard
athens
MC Status: 10

I rarely use vocals but when i do its usually from movies.
orextx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010

I don't really have an answer to your question but I think this varies. I know some people who do some freelance singing and I'm guessing a lot comes from samplepacks.

Though slightly different, here's also a nice place to get some:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Jasper Crane
Learning The Ropes
Jasper Crane is currently spamming hard

I actually have a mate who is an engineer at a really nice but super schmalzy studio. They do alt-country and top 40 stuff but he has been working there since he was a teenager and is really quite talented. On the side he records developing acts and people he knows from the underground music scene. There is one girl he works with named Mr.K who has a lovely voice and makes fun and progressive music so I often just snatch samples from stems of his work...everything is very nicely produced so they make great samples to work with and nobody else has access to them, really. Maybe try that out -- find underground or lesser known acts with good music and ask for stems.
Jasper Crane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #7
R-Monix
Learning The Ropes
R-Monix is currently spamming hard
Northern Ireland

Maybe they record them!
R-Monix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
R-Monix
Learning The Ropes
R-Monix is currently spamming hard
Northern Ireland

Lots of vocalist on the likes of soundcloud are usually up for providing original vocals.
R-Monix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #9
Adam201
Soundwave Mangler
Adam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant futureAdam201 has a brilliant future
Canberra
MC Status: 1960

I have been struggling to find vocals to put in songs. You can get session singers as long as you write the lyrics and melody before hand.

Other option is search for singers in your local area by going to singing schools and putting up flyers. Havent done this my self cause I can be lazy but I know there are people out there that have succeded.

------------------
Adam201 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
Spiritos
Ghostly
Spiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritos has a reputation beyond repute
Amsterdam
MC Status: 7010

As of today: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Win8.1 64x/Sonar X3/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC 222/Washburn D12/Behringer BCF2000 & BCF2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT2020/2xB5/Sennheiser E 825s/Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502
Spiritos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
bIOtAPEstry
Microknight
bIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to allbIOtAPEstry is a name known to all
Sydney
MC Status: 610

Out of my girlfriends mouth!
bIOtAPEstry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #12
Atmomatix
Granular Poster
Atmomatix is just really niceAtmomatix is just really niceAtmomatix is just really niceAtmomatix is just really niceAtmomatix is just really nice
MC Status: 410

mostly i'll check for some vocalist who are up to do me some.always nice to have something original
Atmomatix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Opus Science
Soundwave Mangler
Opus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond reputeOpus Science has a reputation beyond repute
Brighton
MC Status: 3360

I'm a music teacher in a school with a very strong music department. There's quite a pool of talent and so if I need a vocalist, I ask the student with the right sound/style for the particular track. Lay down the vocals in the studio at the school during a lunch break or something. I do the same if I need a particularly good piece of instrumentation as I'm mainly just keys and basic guitar.

------------------
Opus Science is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421869029
Thanked 4,821 Times in 2,788 Posts

I sing them myself.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vlantis
PROton42 (08-28-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #15
Evelon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214388048
Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,744 Posts

I also sing them myself.
Having a mic, popkiller, micpre and audio interface also helps (that's usually how you catch/record them).

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
PROton42 (08-28-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
Glitchology
Minor Glitch
Glitchology is currently spamming hard
Pahrump, NV (near Las Vegas)

There are websites everywhere even YouTube that have free vocals, but just in case I change pitches and chop them up.

~music is my life~

------------------
The Latest WIP's, Previews, and Original songs by me!
Glitchology is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #17
Marb Legov
Minor Glitch
Marb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura aboutMarb Legov has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

looperman.com is a good place for vocals aswell
Marb Legov is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #18
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 9110

after searching around for some time, i have come to the conclusion that deejayportal.com is the best site for acapellas. very large selection, high quality (for the most part).

you seem to be looking for trance-like female vocals i'm guessing OP? definitely check this place out.
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:17 AM   #19
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Bam. Forget hiring a vocalist. Forget paying artists for their art. Where can I just download vocals?

I put my own vocals in a song once and it was just bad. It made my music into bad music.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #20
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

Record someone. Lot more fun that way.

Advertisements

Effulgence is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote