The IDMf Beat Tapes are done
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion Chat about IDMf label releases goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 23-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236
Icon4 The IDMf Beat Tapes are done

Hey guys,

So Benwaa and the mods have been talking about the state of the beat tapes sub label and after careful consideration have decided to put an end to it for a number of reasons:

First of all, this was a lot harder to handle than I thought it would have been and due to my life stuff going on I was not able to invest more time into the sub label. Secondly, mods were concerned with the quality of the beat tapes and that they were not up to the standard the IDMf Netlabel is all about. I can't really comment on the quality but the number of submissions for the most part were always something that cheesed me. Perhaps I was wrong when I thought we'd have plenty of submissions at the start of this all but it was mostly from a few core members which leads me to one last thing.. IDMf Beat Tapes didn't pick up nearly as much as expected. Neither releases on the Bandcamp page went past 50 downloads (majority of those probably from forum members) and only forum members were following the Soundcloud page for the most part. I tried my best with promoting it outside of the actual promotions period but I can only spam so much. It's pretty discouraging and in that regard I'm somewhat relieved to have it over (especially if nobody actually cares about it aside from a few members here).

With all of that said, it has been decided that IDMfBT003 will be the final beat tape and after that this thing gets shut down. We apologize to all those who submitted for IDMfBT004 and IDMfBT005 but there is still a chance for you to get the tracks on IDMf039 (open genre compilation). For those who submitted two tracks this will be the one time you are permitted to submit two to a Netlabel compilation.

Lastly, I'd just like to apologize to everyone for how this turned out.

edit:

I would also like to thank all of the genre managers who helped me out with this whole thing. They put a lot of work into those beat tapes and should be recognized for it.

Last edited by Kong; 23-01-2013 at 03:54 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #2
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295370
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,571 Posts
Re: The IDMf Beat Tapes are done

:c

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
KaliTheMisfit
Soundscaper
KaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant future
Liverpool
MC Status: 1960

Gutted.
Better get on the wi-fi and submit to the open genre and pray to gods I've got a chance.

------------------

http://www.facebook.com/warpmaiden
https://soundcloud.com/warpmaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenBeats View Post
hell yeah, i fuck shit up wherever i go 24/7 420yoloswag 666 hail satan smoke meth!
KaliTheMisfit is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto

yeah man you've still got enough time: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
KaliTheMisfit
Soundscaper
KaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant futureKaliTheMisfit has a brilliant future
Liverpool
MC Status: 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Do I have to upload again or can I just send the secret link? Follows similar formula and I would only need to change the info details.

------------------

http://www.facebook.com/warpmaiden
https://soundcloud.com/warpmaiden

Quote:
hell yeah, i fuck shit up wherever i go 24/7 420yoloswag 666 hail satan smoke meth!
KaliTheMisfit is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #6
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 175410
Thanked 3,508 Times in 2,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Hey guys,

So Benwaa and the mods have been talking about the state of the beat tapes sub label and after careful consideration have decided to put an end to it for a number of reasons:

First of all, this was a lot harder to handle than I thought it would have been and due to my life stuff going on I was not able to invest more time into the sub label. Secondly, mods were concerned with the quality of the beat tapes and that they were not up to the standard the IDMf Netlabel is all about. I can't really comment on the quality but the number of submissions for the most part were always something that cheesed me. Perhaps I was wrong when I thought we'd have plenty of submissions at the start of this all but it was mostly from a few core members which leads me to one last thing.. IDMf Beat Tapes didn't pick up nearly as much as expected. Neither releases on the Bandcamp page went past 50 downloads (majority of those probably from forum members) and only forum members were following the Soundcloud page for the most part. I tried my best with promoting it outside of the actual promotions period but I can only spam so much. It's pretty discouraging and in that regard I'm somewhat relieved to have it over (especially if nobody actually cares about it aside from a few members here).

With all of that said, it has been decided that IDMfBT003 will be the final beat tape and after that this thing gets shut down. We apologize to all those who submitted for IDMfBT004 and IDMfBT005 but there is still a chance for you to get the tracks on IDMf039 (open genre compilation). For those who submitted two tracks this will be the one time you are permitted to submit two to a Netlabel compilation.

Lastly, I'd just like to apologize to everyone for how this turned out.
Bugger, Kong..(not "BUGGER KONG"..but "Bugger..Kong" ), that really sucks..but I can't say it comes as a surprise tbh..seems peeps here are more the talking kind than the doing kind..and that's a REAL shame, as has been seen with the Radio and lack of support there of in general.

Oh well..guess it's been fun..but..
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
PROton42 (23-01-2013)
Old 23-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
Kong
Toronto

you'll have to change the info details and send it to the appropriate soundcloud link that benwaa posted (which is to the netlabel's dropbox).

@AM: yeah it's a shame but there are always compilations being run by benwaa so that's something to work towards.

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

Well Kong all I can say is thanks for trying. I learned a great deal while running 003, so yeah, thanks for that.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Really Kong, thanks for the update on this. It is a lot of work indeed and people don't realize that a lot of us volunteer our time to try and bring the community together and get some of the exposing and advertising that people claim to want so much actually done.

Respect homie.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #10
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
Well Kong all I can say is thanks for trying. I learned a great deal while running 003, so yeah, thanks for that.
Yeah..I second what RFJ said. Thanks for putting in the time, dude..much appreciation for all the work you put into this thing. Hope Admin rewards you kindly for the same.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
ndwella
Soundwave Mangler
ndwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant futurendwella has a brilliant future
burger king isles
MC Status: 1910

...oh dear, that's sad to hear :[

the beat tapes were an interesting idea, it's a shame that it didn't pick up as expected

------------------
ndwella is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #12
A.M

Just want to say thanks to everyone who showed interested in the Ambient Soundscapes tape..and especially to those who actually submitted something..kudos to you guys.
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #13
A.M

One question: I take it folks who submitted tracks to the "scrapped" tapes are now free to post their tracks here and elsewhere?

Just thought we should clear the point up..obvious I know..but some might now understand fully, if you get my meaning.

Last edited by A.M; 23-01-2013 at 04:08 AM.. Reason: Clarifying the question
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #14
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

003 is still coming so please everyone that submitted tracks to me, keep them private.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
PROton42 (23-01-2013)
Old 23-01-2013, 04:20 AM   #15
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 41760

fuck you guys.
wanted the house beat tape >: (
at least pass it on to someone who can handle it!
:'((((

------------------
Im looking for people to collaborate with on artistic projects. I am currently looking for a couple artists who can draw very well that want to work on a comic book
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #16
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

I guess i need to look for another hobby in this bland world. Or a secondary one at least. Drama Llama exit.

------------------
twilitez is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #17
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963098
Thanked 1,145 Times in 881 Posts

that's that :/
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 05:04 AM   #18
RaidenBeats
Fuck 'er Right N Da Pussy
RaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MCRaidenBeats is a savage MC
Ur Lil Sisters Wet Dream
MC Status: 41760

fuck it, lets start our own? and not have it be a part of the netlabel? just a member project?

------------------
Im looking for people to collaborate with on artistic projects. I am currently looking for a couple artists who can draw very well that want to work on a comic book
RaidenBeats is offline   Thanks
Old 23-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #19
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 105850
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,368 Posts

Aww - that's sad to hear.

Thanks for giving it a try Kong and others involved. Was a cool idea for a project with all the different genres going. Seemed like there was lots of interest in the project - I guess interest and submitting a tune are two different things.

Not sure what the next steps are in getting people who participate in IDMF supporting this community more. Don't feel too bad guy - life is busy.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Oatbag
Br/ainfu+ked (23-01-2013)
Old 23-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #20
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963098
Thanked 1,145 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
fuck it, lets start our own? and not have it be a part of the netlabel? just a member project?
no because its very, very backhanded to the idmf

Advertisements

Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
A.M (23-01-2013)
Closed Thread