**ANNOUNCING** IDMf037 μ-metik - Paths [5 November 2012]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Benwaa
Icon14 **ANNOUNCING** IDMf037 μ-metik - Paths [5 November 2012]

Imagine if someone took you to a perfectly relaxed environment where they could soothe your tensions and ease you into a relaxed and peaceful, meditative state. Just as you fall into a blissful slumber you suddenly wake up again, only you haven't really woken up, you're still unconscious, just lucid, unexpectedly thrown into a dream where the world around you is a giant computer and its various components make wonderful sounds that match the
glitchy beats and the futuristic synths.

So imagine now that you are in these two different places. You walk through computer glitch city where everything is dark science fiction but you look to the sky and all you can see is the room where you sleep. In that room, the unconscious you can hear the birds singing outside. The unconscious you can hear rainfall, someone playing the piano, someone playing a guitar.

This is what [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
's Paths feels like, being lost in a computer dream as the sleeping you feeds a subconscious stream of natural sounds down from the sky. Paths can't easily be
categorised to a single genre. The contrast of the acoustic instruments to the electronic glitches and synths creates a unique imagery. The recordings and gentle ambience
next to the dark broody pulse of the music and a sound design all its own,
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
has hit on something that demands your attention.

Release Date: 5 November 2012
via [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by Benwaa; 10-22-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Advertisements

Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269445408
Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,661 Posts
Re: **ANNOUNCING** IDMf037 μ-metik - Paths [5 November 2012]

This will be another great release.
Oh glorious Autumn of IDMf Netlabel!

PS: I've heard that u-metik can program a patch on puradata without using his hands nor staring at the monitor...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
MC Status: 389883256
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
PS: I've heard that can program a patch on puradata without using his hands nor staring at the monitor...
I think that was some of the material that was cut from the u-metik interview & made classified. Really looking forward to hearing your album dude, and for anyone who hasn't heard his excellent interview, check it out [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
scyn is offline   Thanks
Thanks to scyn
RFJ (10-06-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5742393

After hearing that interview, I'm also looking forward to this release. Seems to be alot of stuff banging around at the moment. Woohoo!

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg
MC Status: 22144205

Thanks everyone!!
And man, that description is excellent. Indeed, I'd like to add a few words myself... The giant computer city was indeed a machine in my mind, signifying mainly modern technological societies, in which everybody is but a tiny cog, alienated in the routine of everyday life. The glitches are what is produced by "interruptions" to the functioning of the omnipresent machine, things that shouldn't happen but they do. Neverthless these accidents, these unwanted events can produce sheer beauty. The room up in the sky, where the unconscious you reside is the last bit of humanity, which tries still to feed dreams and imageries of a world outside the machine. Though bleak and darkly futuristic sounding at times, there is still hope to find these paths...

I'd like also to take the moment to thank the Idmf community for this: I learned so much from so many people, that I hope you can hear your reflection in this release, be it because I learned from discussing with you the basics of pad building, or how to threat low frequencies, or many other things.
Final thanks goes to the "mastering dude": the album would not sound the same without.
I hope you'll enjoy this.
For now, thanks again.

------------------
My Ep "I Am A Dead Man" is out on Xylem Records

Departure (Bonus Track) Video
Soundcloud: μ-metik
Facebook: μ-metik
Twitter:μ-metik
unknown__artist is offline   Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8514130
Thanked 6,464 Times in 4,619 Posts

I'm really excited for this one : )

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8514130
Thanked 6,464 Times in 4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown__artist View Post
The giant computer city was indeed a machine in my mind, signifying mainly modern technological societies, in which everybody is but a tiny cog, alienated in the routine of everyday life. The glitches are what is produced by "interruptions" to the functioning of the omnipresent machine, things that shouldn't happen but they do. Neverthless these accidents, these unwanted events can produce sheer beauty. The room up in the sky, where the unconscious you reside is the last bit of humanity, which tries still to feed dreams and imageries of a world outside the machine. Though bleak and darkly futuristic sounding at times, there is still hope to find these paths...
Love this. You kind of get a sense of this from the promo video. You really need to get this included as a text file with the download.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

I'm more excited for this one than I've been excited about any release in a long time.

Really nice piece of work you have on your hands here my friend. You make the kind of music that when I hear it I think..

Damn I wish I could do that.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
unknown__artist (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
unknown__artist
unknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MCunknown__artist is a savage MC
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I'm more excited for this one than I've been excited about any release in a long time.

Really nice piece of work you have on your hands here my friend. You make the kind of music that when I hear it I think..

Damn I wish I could do that.

Thanks man! I really hope the release will not disappoint you.

------------------

Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74604660
Thanked 1,235 Times in 854 Posts

always enjoyed your music unknown_artist. this should be a great release

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks
Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
always enjoyed your music unknown_artist. this should be a great release
Thanks, man. Actually, I'm a bit surprised there's a number strictly bigger then 0 of people waiting for this release. I really hope you all will enjoy this.

------------------

Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
chooko
Soundscaper
chooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MCchooko is a savage MC
Mid/Side Europe
MC Status: 142000

That youtube preview sounds awesome,
i've listened to it twice already - with continuous curiosity: "what next sound is he going to use?" really tense experience
can't wait for the release!

------------------

chooko is offline   Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
Benwaa

only two weeks to go! *excited**
  Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
only two weeks to go! *excited**
Fuck, just realizing this! Fuck yeah!

------------------

Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

Sweeeettttt... cannot wait to bump this

------------------
Quote:
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
unknown__artist
Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
Sweeeettttt... cannot wait to bump this

------------------

Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #17
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

☺♥☻♥☺♥☻♥

------------------
Quote:
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
Shtuffe
Shtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MCShtuffe is a savage MC
In a sauna far to the north!
MC Status: 4762457

This is really interesting, I'm getting tons of ideas of stuff to do, but I don't think I can make any sci-fi ambient sounds echoing through the track.
Pads goes fine, but random small sounds...how do you manage to make them?

And for gods sake, don't judge me because I mostly make dubstep, I love experimenting with different genres, I just tend to finish dubstep tracks more often.

EDIT:

So I started to work on something, and it is turning out pretty interesting!

Forget that about sounds thing, I found an way to make some interesting stuff.

Last edited by Shtuffe; 10-21-2012 at 11:27 PM..

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benwaa View Post
...this thread needs more unicorns

Drum n Bass / Breakcore / dramaticstufforsomethingIdon'tknow
Shtuffe is offline   Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
BALLZ!
nob Twiddler
BALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MCBALLZ! is a savage MC
խելագար սեւահեր
MC Status: 11265214

How do I pronounce your artist name? Is it mew-metik, or micro-metik?

------------------
tsxfgijhkt,ygt54esdy6hn
BALLZ! is offline   Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #20
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

^Listen to the interview that's linked on the first page of this thread.

Your answer is there, and much more, in great detail.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread