**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT003 - IDM/Glitch
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236
**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT003 - IDM/Glitch

SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!

Quote:
The member base of IDMforums present: IDMfBT003

Some people make music to sing to. Some people make music to fuck to. Some people make music to dance to and other people make music to listen to. Electronic Listening Music was a term coined by Warp records to describe their brand of electronic music over 2 decades ago, now it's our turn. IDMfBT003 is an open invitation to give your take on a genre that comes without rules. Richard D. James and his counterpart Grant Wilson Claridge called their brand of electronic music Braindance. Whatever you call yours, the point is it doesn't really matter because when limits are pushed, boundaries are broken, and norms are forgotten...a genre is defined.

The following tracks are merely examples of what Braindance is to me, what you will decide to make of it is totally up to you:

Autechre: Eggshell
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Two Lone Swordsmen: As Worldly Pleasures Wave Goodbye

Aphex Twin: Acrid Avid Jam Shred

uZiq: Approaching Menace

Cylob: Cut the Midrange, Drop the Bass

-RFJ

IDM/Glitch Beat Tape Guidelines:

-one track per member.

-no time limit set but please don’t do anything retardedly long, maybe a 5-6 minute limit but even that is stretching it.

-collabs/remixes are permitted but as long as they are of another member’s and with their permission.

-obviously, no copyrighted samples!

-other than that, you are free to do whatever style of IDM/Glitch you wish.

General Submission Rules:

-all tracks must be shared privately to the sublabel's dropbox here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

tracks are not to be shared publicly and participants will be disqualified if so. It is also important that when you share to the dropbox add [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to those who can view the track because he will be the one that’s looking over the submissions along with me.

-all tracks must be submitted in WAV format minimum 44100/24bit sample rate.

-minimum -3db headroom with nothing on the master bus.

-label your track filename with your artist name, forum username and track title. Please do that in this order because it is a hassle to sort through a bunch of randomly named tunes.

-include a contact e-mail in the track information, along with a clear indication that it is for the dubstep beat tape.

The deadline for all submissions will be October 31st, 2012 (WITH NO EXTENTIONS).

Please make sure that you have followed all of the guidelines for submitting these tracks, it would be a shame to lose some due to carelessness.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing what we come up with.

If you have any inquries, please feel free to PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
or [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
with your questions. If there are any questions that are outside of this IDM/Glitch beat tape and pertain to the beat tape projects as a whole you can always PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
too.

Last edited by Kong; 11-13-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Thanks to Kong
RFJ (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
fin.....
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963048
Thanked 1,144 Times in 880 Posts
Re: **SUBMISSIONS OPEN** IDMfBT003 - IDM/Glitch

idm in idmf...say wut???
good luck everybody!!!!!!!!!

gets on it

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74604660
Thanked 1,235 Times in 854 Posts

i cant wait to run this poorly

------------------
stem collector is online now   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8513780
Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,617 Posts

*deletes dblue glitch and gets to work*

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
fin.....
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963048
Thanked 1,144 Times in 880 Posts

don't worry me, kong, and rfj will help you pee in the right direction stem

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #6
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
don't worry me, kong, and rfj will help you pee in the right direction stem
against the wind

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
*deletes dblue glitch and gets to work*
thank u.

if i hear anyone using dblue as a driving force in their song ill probably glance right over it.

------------------
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #8
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644068
Thanked 4,896 Times in 3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
i cant wait to run this poorly
Don't worry I got your back.

This shit just got real.

I've been working on glitching by hand recently so this promises to be fun in a tedious kind of way.

Edit: by I...I mean we.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Thanks to RFJ
stem collector (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
stem collector
IDMf Artist
seattle

you my dawg rfj

------------------
Old 10-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
Kong
Toronto

shit RFJ, should i change it to braindance from IDM/Glitch?

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #11
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

Your call.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
Kong
Toronto

dude you're in charge of the whole idmf beat tapes thing.. i'm just a minion..

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Follow your heart Kong.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #14
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stem collector View Post
thank u.
if i hear anyone using dblue as a driving force in their song ill probably glance right over it.

that would so not be fun in any way... and totally wouldn't blame a look over

------------------
Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #15
Kong
Toronto

how am i supposed to make glitch without dblue? oy vey i think i just got dblue-balled.

BADUM TSSSSSSSSSS

------------------
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #16
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
how am i supposed to make glitch without dblue? oy vey i think i just got dblue-balled.

BADUM TSSSSSSSSSS

------------------
Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Already got one in the works

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5742393

Maybe I can make something, should be fun to try.

Best of luck to everyone submitting. Braindance should be the album title. \0/

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
radiowaves
Savage Mad Cunt
radiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MC
MC Status: 24505815

The "glitch" term scared me first, almost did not look at this thread. So proper braindance it is, count me in.

------------------
radiowaves is offline   Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

^Braindance, Glitch, IDM...anything within those "confines" goes, whatever you want to do really.

We don't discriminate.

Great to see all you guys turnning up.

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread