**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT002 - Roots Dubstep
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto
MC Status: 4175236
**SUBMISSIONS CLOSED** IDMfBT002 - Roots Dubstep

THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED!

Quote:
Hey IDMf,

Emerging from depths of dark garage sometime near the turn of the century, Dubstep broke through and splintered into several handfuls of different sounds to become a world phenomenon. In the second installment of the IDMf Beat Tape project we hope to explore the roots of Dubstep, from the early experimental dark garage days to the classic Dubstep sound invented by people like Skream and Benga. We are asking IDMf to EXPERIMENT as this is how Dubstep emerged...from a wellspring of experimentation without rules and genre guidelines. Begin your focus on percussion, tribal riddims, bassweight/deep/subby bass, space, atmosphere, gritty/glitchy synths and wobbles. We arent' looking for yet another modern filthy mid-range synth or dirty electro tune. We are looking for tunes that go back to those sounds that emerged from the underground and to take them in new directions.

-Relic

Dubstep Beat Tape Guidelines:

-all members can submit a maximum of two full tracks but it has already been decided that we are picking one track per person. Two tracks are not necessary but may increase your chances of getting picked.

-a hard limit of 4 minutes and 30 seconds total for each track. No leeway.

-collabs and remixes (of other IDMf member tunes only and with permission!) are OK and encouraged, but will count toward your 2 total submissions.

-obviously, no copyrighted samples!

-don't bother submitting any skrillex-type brostep shit. you'll be disqualified and disgraced in front of the IDMf community and your family!

General Submission Rules:

-all tracks must be shared privately to the sublabel's dropbox here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

tracks are not to be shared publicly and participants will be disqualified if so. It is also important that when you share to the dropbox add [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to those who can view the track because he will be the one that’s looking over the submissions along with me.

-all tracks must be submitted in WAV format minimum 44100/24bit sample rate.

-minimum -3db headroom with nothing on the master bus.

-label your track filename with your artist name, forum username and track title. Please do that in this order because it is a hassle to sort through a bunch of randomly named tunes.

-include a contact e-mail in the track information, along with a clear indication that it is for the dubstep beat tape.

The deadline for all submissions will be September 30th, 2012 (WITH NO EXTENTIONS).

Please make sure that you have followed all of the guidelines for submitting these tracks, it would be a shame to lose some due to carelessness.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing what we come up with.

If you have any inquries, please feel free to PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
or his co-manager [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
with your questions. If there are any questions that are outside of this dubstep beat tape and pertain to the beat tape projects as a whole you can always PM [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
too.

Now for some examples of the dubstep we are looking for:

Skream – Midnight Request Line
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Benga – Skank

Loefah – Truly Dread

Digital Myztiks – Anti War Dub

Pinch – Qawwali

Last edited by Kong; 10-01-2012 at 04:59 AM..

Advertisements

Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
fin.....
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963048
Thanked 1,144 Times in 880 Posts
Re: **SUBMISSIONS OPEN** IDMfBT002 - Roots Dubstep

good luck to everyone, and I really hope you guys make something that will blow that other sutff out of the water

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Effulgence
Sample Destroyer
Effulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MCEffulgence is a savage MC
Boulder, CO, USA
MC Status: 2593405

I am definitely going to take part in this one. It's gonna be hard because of the workload that I have in college, but I'll try my best!

------------------
Effulgence is offline   Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5742393

Damn it...

I'm not interested in this one either! I BLAME YOU KONG!!!

Nah, best of luck on this tape as well and everyone that submits.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
fimpson
fimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MC
Reasonably far away.
MC Status: 26773877

Yay dubstep tape!!!!!!!!

------------------
Download my free 10 min EP from Brisbane netlabel Ender Beats

http://roppongi-sky.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/roppongi-sky
fimpson is offline   Thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
FunkMasterBrown
Bastard!!!IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222279434
Thanked 2,565 Times in 1,711 Posts

i dont think im gonna submit to this tbh

im deffo excited for the FG/house tape though!

still might submit just for the tits though.... good luck eveyrone!

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8513780
Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,617 Posts

Welcome, welcome welcome. Come one, come all. It's bassweight bruv!
relic is offline   Thanks
Thanks to relic
fimpson (09-05-2012)
Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
MC Status: 2410171

i submitted one , can't wait to hear!

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #9
Kong
Kong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MCKong is a savage MC
Toronto

^ this guy breaks records!

anyways, i'm glad to see a lot of you excited for this! i'm sorry to those who may have been disappointed with what the next beat tape was but it 's solely based on which manager is the readiest.

i'm pretty happy that within one beat tape closing another opened up just a few days later. keeps things exciting, right?

best of luck to all of you and i hope you guys have fun!
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Good luck to all!

I already have one to submit. Gonna try to do a second one.

I can't miss this one.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69010
Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,028 Posts

wait. Did this replace the dubstep tape thread??

anyways I already have one done, and lucky for me all is good on my part,
Just need to put track name and all that jazz, data basically,

I have one in the works also, so hopefully I can finish it too for this,

BTW that description is badass man, couldn't do it better myself

@kong: But lastly, What about the submission thing, basically do it like how we do BB but include relic?

I thought we submitted just to the manager.

does that mean my hip hop submission is bad??!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatTheFood View Post
Good luck to all!

I already have one to submit. Gonna try to do a second one.

I can't miss this one.
same here man, we both were here from the start of the tape, XD

------------------
( ु⚈᷁௰⚈᷁ ू)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareTheCircle View Post
It sounds like two records playing at once .
Skrillex is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
fimpson
fimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MCfimpson is a savage MC
Reasonably far away.
MC Status: 26773877

have come to the conclusion that the track I pestered relic with a bunch of times isn't 2002ish enough for my taste. Gonna start something new after listening to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
a few times

WOOOO LETS DO IT GUYS DUBSTEP BEAT TAPE 2012 WOOO

------------------
Download my free 10 min EP from Brisbane netlabel Ender Beats

http://roppongi-sky.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/roppongi-sky
fimpson is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

Quote:
Originally Posted by fimpson View Post
have come to the conclusion that the track I pestered relic with a bunch of times isn't 2002ish enough for my taste.

yeah i have a question

thank god brostep is out of the question but, the examples provided seem to focus on very early stuff with raw production values

is something more "produced" (like say scuba) or more "modern" (liek say V.I.V.E.K.) less likely to be picked?
lebeux is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
relic
IDMf Supporter
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeux View Post
yeah i have a question

thank god brostep is out of the question but, the examples provided seem to focus on very early stuff with raw production values

is something more "produced" (like say scuba) or more "modern" (liek say V.I.V.E.K.) less likely to be picked?
Production value doesn't have to be raw. I'm a big fan of both Scuba and VIVEK.

------------------
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
EatTheFood
EatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond reputeEatTheFood has a reputation beyond repute
is NOT full of rich people.
MC Status: 8160

Ugh. Just got scared there. My tracks are production-wise more "elaborated". Not raw at all.

------------------
EatTheFood is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Of course if anyone WANTS to pull of a bit of a raw, gritty or lo-fi vibe they are welcome to : )

------------------
Old 09-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
Kong
Toronto

@tree: well since i'm the manager of the hip hop tape then you had to submit to me and everything was kosher but now that relic is in charge of the dubstep tape he needs to have access to the submissions. i'll have access to them by default just cuz i'm running that soundcloud account but relic is your man.

@relic: yeah i'll probably go for the lo-fi gritty stuff cuz that's my shit. do they do crackle and hiss and shit in dubstep? i sure fuckin' hope so..
Kong is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
relic
IDMf Supporter
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
@tree: well since i'm the manager of the hip hop tape then you had to submit to me and everything was kosher but now that relic is in charge of the dubstep tape he needs to have access to the submissions. i'll have access to them by default just cuz i'm running that soundcloud account but relic is your man.

@relic: yeah i'll probably go for the lo-fi gritty stuff cuz that's my shit. do they do crackle and hiss and shit in dubstep? i sure fuckin' hope so..

Go for it man. Sounds wonderful. And yea, there is dubstep which employs those sounds. Especially if you consider Burial to be dubstep in anyway.

------------------
Old 09-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
Denial
was once a goat
Denial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MCDenial is a savage MC
whoa that's a lotta numbers
MC Status: 76730950

not telling you how to run your own show guys, but wont a beat tape consisting entirely of exactly 4-minute 30-second tracks be a bit awkward?

------------------
Denial is offline   Thanks
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
lebeux
IDMf Artist
lebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MClebeux is a savage MC
Madrid
MC Status: 59126926

It's 4'30 tops, not "all tracks should last exactly 4'30"

Advertisements

lebeux is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread