[FAWM] Paega (relic) - FAWM #2 untitled
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8533230
Thanked 6,846 Times in 4,874 Posts
[FAWM] Paega (relic) - FAWM #2 untitled

Hey all, my second FAWM track, trying to keep on schedule of a track every two days. Banged this out in about 2 2 hour sessions. Made decisions quickly and if it sounded good I moved on. Needs better transitions, more variations etc. Again, really any comments/critiques are fine.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [FAWM] Paega (relic) - FAWM #2 untitled.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123
Re: [FAWM] Paega (relic) - FAWM #2 untitled

i would make it less syncopated personally but it works like it is.. ambient and ghostly.. I really liked the mood & atmosphere you created in this..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174560
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,607 Posts

Got to agree with hellscion about the syncopation..but that's just me and I do see where you went with this and were trying to achieve.

Sounds good overall and I like it.
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

If anyone wants to say more about ths syncopation issue Im all ears. Thanks guys.

------------------
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 174560
Thanked 3,491 Times in 2,607 Posts

I'm not sure..but try it without the snares and see what it sounds like. The start is really nice and atmospheric..and the low beat that comes in works..but it seems to go off the rails for me when the snares start.

Again, I'm not too sure, but you might need to adjust the tempo of the beat a little. Would need to hear it without the snares in order to be sure.

Does any of this make any sense?
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
I'm not sure..but try it without the snares and see what it sounds like. The start is really nice and atmospheric..and the low beat that comes in works..but it seems to go off the rails for me when the snares start.

Again, I'm not too sure, but you might need to adjust the tempo of the beat a little. Would need to hear it without the snares in order to be sure.

Does any of this make any sense?
Yea. That makes sense. Interesting idea on the snares. I will take a listen asap. Thanks

------------------
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

I love the sound of this man, really nice, especially that textured pads, and those congos they give really ominous feeling to it,

the little snare rolls, if the shorter one had something to end it's little phrase like a clash or something of that lines, it would've been alot more dramatic IMO,

I expected more listening to this but then it ended so that was a bummer, but that just means this had my attention, I like it man.

I'm guessing those pads came from the absynth?
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
brn20
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802473
Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,191 Posts

I really like this man. The bass and delayed percs are especially good. I'm not sure the timing of the snare is off, but maybe some EQing and more of a snap occasionally would benefit it. Also, around 2 mins it would be good to have another element enter to keep it building.

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
MC Status: 12331

I'd like to see where you take this. The sounds that are in the background kind of remind me of a sound from a Radiohead song (I can't remember which one), but if they were stretched out to the length of a full song. I like the top end percussion a lot.

Advertisements

------------------
i am nothing more or less than my own big ass
redeyeglasses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote