[FAWM] Buddy Cops - nanoloop fawm song 1 & 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa
MC Status: 12331
[FAWM] Buddy Cops - nanoloop fawm song 1 & 2

Here's a couple things I made in nanoloop for iphone for February Album Writing Month while I was away from my computer for the weekend. Neither of them are good, but

nanoloop fawm song 1

nanoloop fawm song 2

Advertisements

------------------
i am nothing more or less than my own big ass
redeyeglasses is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [FAWM] Buddy Cops - nanoloop fawm song 1 & 2.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 183960
Thanked 3,679 Times in 2,741 Posts
Re: [FAWM] Buddy Cops - nanoloop fawm song 1 & 2

Not too fond of the first one, RDG..didn't seem to kick in for me until half way through. Loved the second one, though.

I know these are only the first drafts, so to speak, and that you would do a lot more with em if you were working on these under normal circumstances..hopefully you'll do just that.

Keep at it and I hope this FAWN thing goes well for you. Kudos for trying man...I know it can get to be a real pain after a while..but it's worth it all in the end they say. Kind of like the "nanowrimo" thing writers do every November.
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #3
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
redeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MCredeyeglasses is a savage MC
Iowa

I honestly probably won't do anything with them. As much as I love nanoloop, it's a pain in the ass to rearrange stuff or export things to your computer. Thanks for the kind words

------------------
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541030
Thanked 7,002 Times in 4,976 Posts

I didn't mind the first one. It's somewhat simple, but working for sure. You could always drop it as audio on the time line and chop it up, EQ and filter it and make it part of something else later on.

I agree the second one is pretty solid. I like the foley type snare sound. And even though you are using simple sine/triangle tones for the melody, I love how it all works together. The sense of space with the synths is nice too...they really seem meld in and out of one another. I'd say that one is a success!

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #5
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
even though you are using simple sine/triangle tones for the melody
That's one of the things I like about nanoloop. It has a lot of restrictions that you don't have to deal with in a daw and it makes you do things you normally wouldn't

------------------
Old 05-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541030
Thanked 7,002 Times in 4,976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyeglasses View Post
That's one of the things I like about nanoloop. It has a lot of restrictions that you don't have to deal with in a daw and it makes you do things you normally wouldn't
Well, that really worked in this case. I think that's a good thing. Too bad you can't export MIDI later. I'm just beginning to get myself in the habit of very quickly getting the a sketch of a sound and getting to writing melody and harmony. I also find I spend less time on sound design the more dynamic the harmony and melody are, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5743193

#1 Loving the little pluckiness at the beginning. The bass comes in at the right time.

#2 The face annoyed me a bit but they're funny as hell. Unintentional maybe with the face over the post but I like the little melody playing with the main theme. Really liking the melody played with the 2nd track but it the bass seems off with it. I'm not really sure what I mean other than it for a moment needs to go somewhere.

Can't wait to hear more for the month.

------------------
Say
bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

1#

I Like it man, Sounds really soft though, but I just read the other posts so it makes sense since the sine and triangle waves?

sounds pretty catchy, IMO

2#

are those field recordings or something in the intro? when the melodies' bass kick in, I like that, and now and then I here what I called Pinched harmonics(tapping the guitar string and letting go while plucking) it doesnt sound real, but it does sound like that you know?

anyways, good stuff man, although there was nothing very flashy with them, but still, good stuff
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #9
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Nanoloop has six tracks and each track can have a detuned rectangle synth, a two-operator fm synth, a noise synth, or a sampler (which can only have really short samples. All of the sounds in the second one except the synths and the kick are me rubbing my iphone against things and bumping it into stuff.

------------------
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
brn20
IDMf Artist
brn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MCbrn20 is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 73802573
Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,192 Posts

I like the second tune a lot better than the first. The ambient noises sew it all together very nicely, and I like the soft understated tones. Enjoyable listen man. I'd like to hear that one fleshed out a little, but it's good quality stuff for sure.

OT edit: btw Tree, I think you're talking about a natural harmonic aren't you? A pinch harmonic's where you dig the string in between the pick and thumb. Natural harmonic - lifting fretting finger off a harmonic node point on the string at the moment you pluck it. Or do you mean an artificial harmonic?

------------------
brn20 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #11
Skrillex
IDMf Artist
Skrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MCSkrillex is a savage MC
San Fran
MC Status: 69360
Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brn20 View Post
OT edit: btw Tree, I think you're talking about a natural harmonic aren't you? A pinch harmonic's where you dig the string in between the pick and thumb. Natural harmonic - lifting fretting finger off a harmonic node point on the string at the moment you pluck it. Or do you mean an artificial harmonic?
yeah, It's natural harmonic sorry about that LOL.
Skrillex is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781

Yeah, that 2nd track is awesome!

You, and everyone, should check out a little program called Kluppe. Unfortunately I think its only for linux.

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #13
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackmontage View Post
Yeah, that 2nd track is awesome!

You, and everyone, should check out a little program called Kluppe. Unfortunately I think its only for linux.

Thanks for that, CM!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

Thanks. I'm sure that program is cool, but I've learned through experience that I can't handle linux.

------------------
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #15
A.M

Quote:
Thanks. I'm sure that program is cool, but I've learned through experience that I can't handle linux.
How come? It's the same as Windows..well..if you are using Linux Mint.

Last edited by A.M; 07-02-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 AM   #16
redeyeglasses
Ghostly
Iowa

I went through a phase where I was obsessed with using open source software even when I already had the proprietary alternative. When my family got a new laptop, I installed ubuntu on our old desktop and spent weeks trying to get the mouse and keyboard to work. Eventually I tried to do whatever it is you do to bioses that requires a floppy disk and fried the motherboard.

------------------
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
crackmontage
raptor badger
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
sminap MN
MC Status: 434781

Quote:
I went through a phase where I was obsessed with using open source software even when I already had the proprietary alternative. When my family got a new laptop, I installed ubuntu on our old desktop and spent weeks trying to get the mouse and keyboard to work. Eventually I tried to do whatever it is you do to bioses that requires a floppy disk and fried the motherboard.
lol, well thats a really unfortunate and specific chain of events.

I'm guessing a big part of why that happened was because of the fact that people often tell you to update your BIOS when they don't know what the real problem is, hoping it will fix it.

Also, you can install without getting rid of windows. I think you'd enjoy it once the mouse was working (which tends to work 99 times out of 100).

I really miss having linux on my computer, but nowadays I'm changing laptops pretty often and worrying about ruining my SSDs.

I even got ableton live running on linux once, and with the JACK interface I could hook up kluppe to the input.

------------------

crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
A.M

Yeah..I'm currently running both Windows XP and Linux Mint on my laptop with no problems. To be honest, Linux Mint is not that different from Windows at all..and there has been a lot of work done on this OS over the years..and it still goes on today!

If you haven't tried Linux in a while, then give Mint a try and you'll see what I mean.

Advertisements