BB63 Beat Battle 63 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 02-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #21
manman
Regular Freak
manman is just really nicemanman is just really nicemanman is just really nicemanman is just really nice
MC Status: 360
Re: BB63 Beat Battle 63

ma vote goes to brb

Advertisements

manman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #22
7asid
Knob Twiddler
7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute7asid has a reputation beyond repute
Vancouver
MC Status: 7410

sorry guys, i got slammed with work and probably will be for the next month or so. ill try to participate if i can

------------------
-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------
7asid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:09 AM   #23
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

I was very busy with work and stuff too. Let's go with, the next battle will be Saturday the 9th. BRB gets to decide who makes it.

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tsachi
A.M (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #24
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC
The Wrong Side Of History
MC Status: 69882519

I already chose you, because you participated.

That said, I/O has some good ideas for BBs, so maybe you two could come up with something interesting. Or get everyone to make a suggestion and make a bastard hybrid out of all them..?

------------------
brb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #25
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands
MC Status: 9110

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb View Post
I already chose you, because you participated.

That said, I/O has some good ideas for BBs, so maybe you two could come up with something interesting. Or get everyone to make a suggestion and make a bastard hybrid out of all them..?
Finally found these again woop! It all got moved to a shiny sub forum! Definitely want to have a go at the next one!

Can we have a liberal rules BB? Something like multi genre, or open genre. I liked the recent rule in A.Ms BB, where you can add an instrument and a field recording, and a vocal not just one or the other and involves a bit more legwork (more creative? I dunno) Then maybe a theme or some other sort of rule (I would make it a dark or minimal theme to coincide with the Dark Techno Net Label thing, or maybe just a use reverb/delay/whatever on everything to some extent type rule I dunno)... Just my two cents, hope it helps fill any blanks.

If it were me:

1: Multi Genre - Must pick something 'dark' in timbre. I.e. Dark Techno, Darkstep, Ambient (Horror/Suspense/Thriller), Trip-hop, Darkwave, Metal, IDM... wtf is witch house? I dunno be creative, keep it dark.

2: You may add any of the following: An additional instrument (Organic or Electronic), A self-captured field recording of anything inside your own home, A vocal sample under 10 seconds in length upon download.

3: FX Limitations: Some degree of reverb on everything - except master bus*. No other restrictions.

*NO FX to be used on Master bus! Pre master everything separately if you feel you need to.

Optional Goals: Exceed 3 minutes in track length. Make 2 submissions. Make a music video. Make artwork. Make a meme... or if you really want to show off: Invert all the rules for bonus points (Light timbre. You may not add anything. Reverb on master bus ONLY AND no fx on anything else... break the mould)

------------------
Soundcloud|You Tube|How Do Music|Broken Beats (D&B Comp)|BB64
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Neuralsphere
brb (07-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #26
brb
Commie SJW
brb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MCbrb is a savage MC

Well Saturday the 9th has passed and there appears to be no new beat battle. @[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
what gives?

------------------
Old 11-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #27
brb
Commie SJW

Okay then, considering that the winner of the last bb has gone off grid, I nominate [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to start the next BB, ASAP!

------------------
Old 12-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
Midlands

Quote:
Okay then, considering that the winner of the last bb has gone off grid, I nominate [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
to start the next BB, ASAP!
Will get on it today just seen this, will have something up by tonight though. More than happy to draft something up. Last calls for rules, shoutout here on this thread if you want something to feature in the ruleset unless people don't mind the rules I've suggested previously? I'll get on with sample collecting meanwhile.

------------------

Thanks to Neuralsphere
brb (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #29
Tsachi
i don't understand
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 10210

Damn yo I had a busy week and stuff. I doesn't help that I work overnight on weekends, which is when I would suddenly remember to come here and make a new BB. My b...

------------------

Lol wut happened to the chatbox
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Tsachi
brb (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #30
brb
Commie SJW

Don't worry about it. This is just what happens when I host a BB. Everything turns to shit.

------------------
Thanks to brb
MFXxx (13-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #31
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsachi View Post
Damn yo I had a busy week and stuff. I doesn't help that I work overnight on weekends, which is when I would suddenly remember to come here and make a new BB. My b...
More than welcome to set one up pal it is your destiny, I was just about to start on it as of the run over. Could make it a collaborative effort though if you wanted?

------------------

Old 12-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #32
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Getting there. 20 samples ish ready... somewhat, still working on finding some decent leads and some fx hits, percussive and tonal... should have it up if I don't fall asleep first. Still guessing I'm setting it up?

------------------

Old 12-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #33
brb
Commie SJW

Do it!

------------------
Old 13-09-2017, 01:38 AM   #34
Neuralsphere
Knob Twiddler
Midlands

Quote:
Do it!
@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
It's up [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------

Thanks to Neuralsphere
brb (13-09-2017)