What inspire you to create music? - Page 22
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #421
Lalo
Minor Glitch
Lalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to beholdLalo is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660
Re: What inspire you to create music?

The music that i don't know how it's made. So generally speaking some harmonically complex things, like jazz or classical music. Today i was listening to Rachmaninov and was wondering how he managed to set mood in the track, and build tension.

I remember being on Squarepusher concert (with orchestra playing his tracks with him) and it was said that he took inspiration in all the 20th century contemporary music folks like Xenakis, Messiaen etc. So maybe that's the good way of thinking

Advertisements

Lalo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lalo
emessiah (19-01-2018)
Old 16-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #422
SamWeath
Minor Glitch
SamWeath is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Big walks outside, alone. That's what makes my head clear for music.
SamWeath is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #423
leegendmusic
Regular Freak
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Create the sounds that my brain thinks and show it to the world
leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #424
ANEKS
IDMf's latest spammer
ANEKS is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I want to create the same feeling in people that other artists have made me feel. To me there is a feeling of carelessness towards anything else when I listen to house and others. There is also a feeling of satisfaction when people react positively to my music and when they dance along to it. The smile people get on their faces when they hear a song. The process in itself for creating music is highly pleasing. It requires technical and creative intelligence and creating something out of random sounds into a structural and engaging composition provides a sense of accomplishment that is hard to compare to.
ANEKS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #425
emessiah
Regular Freak
emessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really nice
illegal exit from the game grid
MC Status: 360

i wanted to do what aphex twin did, so i was like "what did aphex twin want to do?" so then the obvious answer was "be the KLF" so i just set out to deface music like some kind of digital graffiti artist or something. fortunately for me i had a lot of problems in my life, mainly drugs, so that kept me lean and mean (figuratively and literally, respectively) and willing to hold up the lo-fi end of things because i figured with so much damn fidelity out there i could do fun things like, example, leave my computer on slsk chock full of shitty vinyldumps of cool music so that way as the FLAC revolution was going on i was doing my part to help collectively lower the fidelity of music as a whole cuz my old vinyldumps have more snaps crackles and pops than a rice krispies treat being thrown at the head of someone who had no idea they put the "strain" in "pedestrian"

TLDR = i just ripped off the KLF proper horrorshow. i wanted to do some kind of ice cream van metaphor cuz i figured chris morris and phil collins would find it endearing #noncesense
emessiah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2018, 06:41 PM   #426
emessiah
Regular Freak
emessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really niceemessiah is just really nice
illegal exit from the game grid
MC Status: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
I remember being on Squarepusher concert (with orchestra playing his tracks with him) and it was said that he took inspiration in all the 20th century contemporary music folks like Xenakis, Messiaen etc. So maybe that's the good way of thinking
oh wow you like squarepusher? he's pretty cool. he upgraded his face with video!

Advertisements

emessiah is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote