[IDM] Phomorian - The Substance
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla
MC Status: 1860
[IDM] Phomorian - The Substance

Something I made some time ago...planning to finish it so feedback is welcomed

Advertisements

Phomorian72 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM] Phomorian - The Substance.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
VoidPointer
Radial Developer
VoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really niceVoidPointer is just really nice
Hamburg
MC Status: 360
Re: [IDM] Phomorian - The Substance

I like the beat and how it's getting thrown around - fits well with the LSD theme :-)
One thing I was missing is something that would provide a bit more of a build-up over the track - like the "substance" taking more and more effect or becoming more concentrated... could be a very subtle synth pattern that comes and goes but gets modulated more and more as the track progresses (just a thought)
I did enjoy listening to your work. Thanks!
VoidPointer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Phomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant futurePhomorian72 has a brilliant future
Sevilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidPointer View Post
I like the beat and how it's getting thrown around - fits well with the LSD theme :-)
One thing I was missing is something that would provide a bit more of a build-up over the track - like the "substance" taking more and more effect or becoming more concentrated... could be a very subtle synth pattern that comes and goes but gets modulated more and more as the track progresses (just a thought)
I did enjoy listening to your work. Thanks!
ey, thanks for the constructive comment, is good to have an external point of view...some times producing is like being "inside" and obvious things escapes to your eyes...you know. Both suggestions sounds good to me, vocal samples and synth line, should try that.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts

I though the grainy bass was a bit loud in the mix. Ideas are cool and I like the broken beat. I think you could play with automation of the filter on the main mid/bass synth ; so far it seems like you put an LFO on it but it could be fun to have it re-triggered on some notes rather than just stick to the rate you fixed for it.
I think you aimed for a glitchy/cut-up style and that would work better if everything was mixed at the same level and seem to mash together.

Definitely good ideas and a cool track, would need some work on the mix right now and I think it would also give you ideas to fill up a bit of the space left by what you have now.
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Sevilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
I though the grainy bass was a bit loud in the mix. Ideas are cool and I like the broken beat. I think you could play with automation of the filter on the main mid/bass synth ; so far it seems like you put an LFO on it but it could be fun to have it re-triggered on some notes rather than just stick to the rate you fixed for it.
I think you aimed for a glitchy/cut-up style and that would work better if everything was mixed at the same level and seem to mash together.

Definitely good ideas and a cool track, would need some work on the mix right now and I think it would also give you ideas to fill up a bit of the space left by what you have now.
thanks a lot for listening and comments, there isn't any lfos on the bass...it's a single synth with a few effects switching (flanger, bitcrusher...etc...) but I agree that giving some more movement to its sound with automation and filters is a good idea.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts

oh ? from 1:08 on it really sounds like some kind of filter is applied to it ? Is it just effects turned on and off ?
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Phomorian72
Soundwave Mangler
Sevilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
oh ? from 1:08 on it really sounds like some kind of filter is applied to it ? Is it just effects turned on and off ?
ups...yes there's an autofilter, I think that is what you say, also distortion with some reverb, flanger and "fp destroy" wich is like bitcrusher+dist+clip+zero...(a great free m4live device)
and I have to say that the autofilter has the internal lfo modulating the frequency...so we can say that there's an LFO there...sorry mate, you were right
...and thanks again

Advertisements