Making Lead Sounds
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:20 AM   #1
Skye Myles
Radial Developer
Skye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Making Lead Sounds

Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd turn somewhere to get some solid input on this topic. Right now I'm working with DnB, Liquid dubstep/chillstep, and I'm wondering how people make their lead sounds (synthesized or not). The type of sound I'm interested in are the types of mono leads that Seven Lions uses on top of his supersaws, like in his remix of All Alone by Superbus ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
) or his remix of the song The Great Divide ([Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
).

I know the principals are pretty simple as far as how to get that gliding lead but i can't seem to get the tones i want or the feel of the synth right. In his remix of All Alone, it seems more explosive and less glidey, and in The Great Divide it seems to be more glidey and a little more glowing and expressive, i don't really know how to describe it. I'm trying to make this lead in sylenth and im kind of getting there but I'm missing something key. If anyone could offer their ideas that would be awesome!

Advertisements

------------------
"Despite the rumors, I am not dating Rihanna":comando:
Skye Myles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20560
Re: Making Lead Sounds

thats a saw pad with volume automation at half time speed
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Skye Myles
Radial Developer
Skye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to allSkye Myles is a name known to all
MC Status: 560
Re: Making Lead Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
thats a saw pad with volume automation at half time speed
I'm not talking about the incredibly wide supersaws. I mean the lead sound that's almost sounding like an arpeggio.

Advertisements

------------------
"Despite the rumors, I am not dating Rihanna":comando:
Skye Myles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote