Keeping sound design separate from production - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 25-10-2015, 12:57 AM   #21
Serra
Learning The Ropes
Serra is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Keeping sound design separate from production

Sometimes yes. In the past I have spent a while building a selection of sounds then I would those during production. This speeds up the process a lot. However other times I do everything from scratch whilst producing. Once the song is recorded, then it will tell you if you need to change something, you will feel it. So I prefer to get it done and arranged as quickly as possible.

Advertisements

Serra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #22
Daydreams
Regular Freak
Daydreams will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: Keeping sound design separate from production

In my experience, you can do sound design first, but it almost always needs to be tailored to fit in when you decide to use it in a track later on. It's good to have a list of patches and presets that are made beforehand, because when you are producing, you don't want to stop and create a patch from scratch. You want something that is pretty close to what you want in the track, and from there you just tailor the sound to fit better. Otherwise, if you do sound design during the production, it can take you places that you wouldn't have even thought of for the track. That can also help out, if the track is getting a little sterile. FWIW I do both

Advertisements

Daydreams is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote