Favorite DAW/Sequencer? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

View Poll Results: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?
Ableton Live 314 34.51%
Apple Garageband 3 0.33%
Apple Logic Studio 116 12.75%
Cakewalk Project5 4 0.44%
Cakewalk SONAR 26 2.86%
Cockos REAPER 29 3.19%
Digidesign ProTools 18 1.98%
Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 1 0.11%
EnergyXT 1 0.11%
Jeskola Buzz 8 0.88%
Mackie Tracktion 2 0.22%
MAGIX Samplitude 1 0.11%
MOTU Digital Performer 5 0.55%
M-Audio Session 1 0.11%
Orion Platinum 2 0.22%
Propellerhead Reason 60 6.59%
Renoise 50 5.49%
Sony Acid Pro 11 1.21%
Steinberg Cubase 84 9.23%
Steinberg Nuendo 6 0.66%
Fruity Loops Studio 158 17.36%
Audiomulch 4 0.44%
Zynewave Podium 1 0.11%
PreSonus Studio One 5 0.55%
Voters: 910. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #161
Greg37
Learning The Ropes
Greg37 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

For years I used cubase and only cubase. Since a few month's I started working with ableton and damn it is easy to use and the workflow is perfect...! Yep I am falling in love with ableton

Cheers
Greg

Advertisements

Greg37 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #162
spinoza gambit
Learning The Ropes
spinoza gambit is currently spamming hard

i've been using SONAR on a daily basis for about a year now and i feel like i've only scratched the surface. my co-producer swears by Cubase though (and, he's been heavily into it for a decade and is still learning stuff). we collaborate through MIDI and Wav files and do most of the post-production on his system. to a certain extent, i feel it's more or less what you get used to, especially when you try to maximize what you have, giving it adequate time. the latest versions of Cubase and SONAR really seem quite comparable, and, perhaps, this goes for the other DAWs as well. that being said, i do plan to dig into Live this fall for its improvisational aspect and can't wait to see what all the hype is about!!
spinoza gambit is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: construction in the parking lot
Old 05-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #163
sounds2buy
Regular Freak
sounds2buy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 96

I use Sonar 7 producer edition and Project 5 v2.5 with dimension pro and RA, I think Porject 5 for quick production is fantastic!
sounds2buy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #164
dude
Granular Poster
dude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond reputedude has a reputation beyond repute
Wageningen, Netherlands
MC Status: 3935

For me, FL Studio, just seems like in FL you're spending the least amount of time FIGHTING the interface.
Though I have used Cubase(and Nuendo) extensively and i'm also familiar in Acid Pro and Logic.

------------------
dude is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #165
sounds2buy
Regular Freak
sounds2buy will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 96

I haven't tried ableton yet but I think one day I will give it a go, I heard it was really good.
I felt in love with project5 because if you know how to use a synth perfectly then you can come up with something very good very fast.
The down point with Project5 is the Audio editing,voice editing, you need sonar for that, but I have to admit Sonar is quiet complex(the producer edition) and soemtime I get annoyed...
sounds2buy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #166
TDKDark2
Learning The Ropes
TDKDark2 is currently spamming hard

i use both cubase and fl studio. together they fill all my needs
TDKDark2 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #167
Anutesyn
Anutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MC
MC Status: 34493

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
For me, FL Studio, just seems like in FL you're spending the least amount of time FIGHTING the interface.
I disagree. I thought the FL Interface and it won.
Anutesyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM   #168
funken
Banned
funken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MC
MC Status: 2647892

fought even?
funken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #169
The Rumblist
Minor Glitch
The Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the roughThe Rumblist is a jewel in the rough
Kent
MC Status: 260

I've been through a few sequencers in the years i've been writing electronic music. I started out with Notator on the Atari ST, moving onto Cubase 5 barely working on a crappy PC. Then got into Cubase SX and never thought i would need another sequencer as it was so useable (except for the crashing!!).

Nowadays, i use Logic Pro 9 and Ableton Live 8 on a macbook pro and wont be looking back! For me the most important thing is the stability...i've had Logic crash only a handful of times and am far more productive because of it. Also, the quality of the in built stuff in Logic (the effects and synths) is quite amazing. I absolutely love the compressors!!!

------------------
Rumblist Business Records
RBR001 The Rumblist - You Don't Know Me - https://soundcloud.com/rumblist-busi...blist-you-dont
The Rumblist is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #170
Anutesyn
Anutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MCAnutesyn is a savage MC
MC Status: 34493

Quote:
Originally Posted by funken View Post
fought even?
Indeed.
Anutesyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #171
Melody_Cult
Regular Freak
Melody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to beholdMelody_Cult is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 991

I have to go with Ableton on this one.
Melody_Cult is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #172
Mindfreak
Regular Freak
Mindfreak is currently spamming hard
Kiev

...FL Studio and Pro Tools
Mindfreak is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #173
Instability
Regular Freak
Instability is currently spamming hard
at home

REAPER FTW!

A fast, intuitive way of working...
Instability is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: xamanist
Old 19-10-2010, 04:48 AM   #174
jefftheworld
Minor Glitch
jefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MCjefftheworld is a savage MC
MC Status: 60458

Some people might say I'm a decade behind on this, but I still find that Fast Tracker 2 is my favourite. Sure it has limitations, but it's bang on solid and those limitations help focus me on making my music better and not just fiddling with a thousand and one VSTs that I have.

On the other hand, Renoise keeps the same tracker spirit while giving support for modern music standards but I just find it harder to write good stuff with it.

------------------
Stream it, download it. Free.
https://www.jefftheworld.com
jefftheworld is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #175
steelo
Soundscaper
steelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MCsteelo is a savage MC
a place called acid
MC Status: 2495095

having used logic, cubase, disableton and reason, i can categorically state that logic pwns.

------------------
steelo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #176
Sleepless
Minor Glitch
Sleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MCSleepless is a savage MC
Barcelona
MC Status: 61872

Even at gunpoint I wouldn't be able to choose between Logic and Live. I just wish they merged into one!
Logic is far superior in terms of feature list. It's a bottomless well. The Bounce in Place alone is worth the purchase, not to mention the quality of the factory plug-ins, but I absolutely hate the bussing mess and the way it clings to the hardware analogy in general, making it feel a bit rigid to me.
Live is a lot more modern in approach, in that it feels like you're using software, not an 80's recording studio squeezed inside your screen, like many DAWs do. Its drag and drop flexibility is just awesome, and the way it handles audio samples is much more appropriate for electronic music than Logic is. But as an all-purpose DAW I think it has many serious shortcomings, specially in the midi editing front, and also the arrange view looks and feels a bit like a toy to me.
I voted Logic though. Now shoot.

------------------
Sleepless is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #177
funken
Banned
funken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MCfunken is a savage MC
MC Status: 2647892

Interesting post. I've used Reason, Reaper and Live and I prefer the latter. I cant afford Logic, plus it would just be too complicated, so I just hope Live catches up in any areas it falls down on.

At the end of the day though the choice of DAW isn't as important as having decent ideas and a good ear for stuff. Anyone know where I can purchase those?

I dont think I've come across anything I cant do in Live. One or two minor things. But there are loads of amazing things I like about it compared to Reason.

I mainly bought it for Session view, plus it was recommended by someone who had used Logic.

I spend most of my time in Session.
funken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #178
THX1138
Learning The Ropes
THX1138 is currently spamming hard

Live 8 Suite.
THX1138 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #179
Ascend
Granular Poster
Ascend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MCAscend is a savage MC
Costa Mesa, CA
MC Status: 1360537

Ableton!
Ascend is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #180
Madnansou
Microknight
Madnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MCMadnansou is a savage MC
Aix-en-Provence
MC Status: 248769

It' s weird there are so many people using Renoise in this forum. They are so right btw

Advertisements

------------------
AMDH - Skates 3 ( AVALANCHE rmx )

Madnansou is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote