Favorite DAW/Sequencer? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements


Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

View Poll Results: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?
Ableton Live 314 34.51%
Apple Garageband 3 0.33%
Apple Logic Studio 116 12.75%
Cakewalk Project5 4 0.44%
Cakewalk SONAR 26 2.86%
Cockos REAPER 29 3.19%
Digidesign ProTools 18 1.98%
Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 1 0.11%
EnergyXT 1 0.11%
Jeskola Buzz 8 0.88%
Mackie Tracktion 2 0.22%
MAGIX Samplitude 1 0.11%
MOTU Digital Performer 5 0.55%
M-Audio Session 1 0.11%
Orion Platinum 2 0.22%
Propellerhead Reason 60 6.59%
Renoise 50 5.49%
Sony Acid Pro 11 1.21%
Steinberg Cubase 84 9.23%
Steinberg Nuendo 6 0.66%
Fruity Loops Studio 158 17.36%
Audiomulch 4 0.44%
Zynewave Podium 1 0.11%
PreSonus Studio One 5 0.55%
Voters: 910. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #121
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gbsr's Avatar
gothenburg, sweden.
Posts: 2,273
MC Status: 33141603
Thanks: 122
Thanked 343 Times in 271 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
Ableton pretty much sets the bar now'a'days~
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'est Moi View Post
Ableton is only good for it's mixing/looping capabilites.

Advertisements


------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #122
Somnio
KDěSKH
Somnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MCSomnio is a savage MC
Somnio's Avatar
Boulder
Age: 26
Posts: 1,323
MC Status: 2240146
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

My go-to DAW is FL, and I usually ReWire Reason into it (meaning constantly). I don't always use Reason directly, in fact, I rarely do. Reason, if anything, is a large super-plug in.
I tried Ableton, but for some reason, I was totally unimpressed with it.
I'll give it another shot. Maybe I didn't give it enough time and use.
Somnio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 AM   #123
C'est Moi
Banned
C'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to all
Within the Wood ~Omen
Posts: 224
MC Status: 571
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsr View Post
Your point?
C'est Moi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #124
metalzone2000
IDMf Artist
metalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MC
metalzone2000's Avatar
Houston, Texas
Age: 34
Posts: 334
MC Status: 57924
Thanks: 23
Thanked 67 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelon View Post
I'm having my hopes up for [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. If you like Ableton Live, Vember Surge and Shortcircuit 1 & 2, you might like this new DAW that is in the making.

word, first time hearing abot this. sounds cool......

scene any screenshots yet? or is still in planning?

------------------



A random patch I did with Bazille, Gverb, AM Pitchshifter, Autotalent, and 24 random LFO's in Renoise.
metalzone2000 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #125
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
Evelon's Avatar
Posts: 7,578
MC Status: 214389848
Thanks: 884
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalzone2000 View Post
word, first time hearing abot this. sounds cool......

scene any screenshots yet? or is still in planning?
Nothing yet, as far as I know. It wasn't long ago they just set up their office. Will be interesting to see their coming blog-updates.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #126
metalzone2000
IDMf Artist
metalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MCmetalzone2000 is a savage MC
metalzone2000's Avatar
Houston, Texas
Age: 34
Posts: 334
MC Status: 57924
Thanks: 23
Thanked 67 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

^^ Yeah just did a bit of research on it. Sound interesting. Would be nice to see what some dev's of Live could do by them selves.

If only I use Live.....

Maybe someday......someday......when I buy it......someday.....

------------------



A random patch I did with Bazille, Gverb, AM Pitchshifter, Autotalent, and 24 random LFO's in Renoise.
metalzone2000 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #127
DarkRift
Learning The Ropes
DarkRift is currently spamming hard
Utrecht
Age: 36
Posts: 5
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Hi,

I use Logic Studio and occasionally Reason. The big down-side of Logic: the use of AU plugs...
A well, it's a typical Apple thing, using their own non-compatible stuff ...

grtz
DarkRift is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #128
D-Network
Regular Freak
D-Network is currently spamming hard
Marchin
Age: 39
Posts: 20
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Hi,

I'm working with Logic PRO 9. Incredible.
Sometimes, I use Ableton Live.

Best,
Vincent
D-Network is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #129
DarkRift
Learning The Ropes
DarkRift is currently spamming hard
Utrecht
Age: 36
Posts: 5
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

How is Logic 9? Is this the first time you used logic, or did you own logic 8. I'm curious what the difference is and if you had any trouble upgrading.

cheers!
DarkRift is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #130
ronegen
Analog Lurker
ronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud ofronegen has much to be proud of
ronegen's Avatar
Age: 43
Posts: 77
MC Status: 1119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Cubase, for many years already.

Since I upgraded from crappy 4 to very stable 5 they won back my trust

------------------
Electronic drugs
ronegen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #131
Synaecide
Synaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MCSynaecide is a savage MC
Synaecide's Avatar
"fuck my bile"
Posts: 120
MC Status: 2727976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronegen View Post
Cubase, for many years already.

Since I upgraded from crappy 4 to very stable 5 they won back my trust


I just bought Cubase 5 yesterday. Absolutely golden. Big upgrade from my SX.

------------------
youtube -- idmf --
Synaecide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: xamanist
Old 11-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #132
CCtrl
CCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MC
Posts: 1,386
MC Status: 5154519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

I need to do some serious upgrading on live. Still using a really buggy version 6
CCtrl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #133
Delinquent
Learning The Ropes
Delinquent is currently spamming hard
Lincolnshire
Posts: 5
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Ableton Live

I want to get Reason as well though.
Delinquent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #134
Ayon
Regular Freak
Ayon is currently spamming hard
London (ish)
Posts: 11
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

There's one DAW I've recently come across and love, that's not on the list...

Presonus' Studio One.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]


Only downloaded in yesterday, but it looks pretty good
(By 'look' I don't just mean the look of it, functionality too! )

Ayon

Last edited by Ayon; 18-09-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Ayon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #135
DJ Big Joe
DJ Big Joe is currently spamming hard
Cazadero Ca.
Posts: 32
MC Status: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Live kicks butt
DJ Big Joe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #136
Kudelsky
Learning The Ropes
Kudelsky is currently spamming hard
Kudelsky's Avatar
tripcity
Posts: 4
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

I use Ableton because it's easy and simple in using. Sometimes Cubase.
Kudelsky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #137
Ayon
Regular Freak
Ayon is currently spamming hard
London (ish)
Posts: 11
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Just noticed, Studio One has been added to the list.
It's got my vote, great program, just waiting for the offical release....

Ayon
Ayon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: a Washing Machine....
Old 26-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #138
TheIsland
Regular Freak
TheIsland is a jewel in the roughTheIsland is a jewel in the roughTheIsland is a jewel in the rough
TheIsland's Avatar
Cornwall
Posts: 16
MC Status: 282
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

I've been using Motu DP for quite a few years - eeee since back in the days of OS9. It is pretty powerful in many respects but the interface is quite clunky and can be frustrating. There is always a feeling that the next upgrade will be the one that will resolve the niggles - but the upgrades arrive and the niggles remain. I haven't upgraded to DP6 yet. This is mainly because when I made the leap from 4 to 5 when that upgrade came the demands on my computer cut my audio track count by too much. It feels a little in elegant to use and if I were choosing afresh I would probably opt for Logic. Having said that, I have read that the latest version of Logic is filled with lots unnecessary "toys".
TheIsland is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #139
shinobi
Learning The Ropes
shinobi is currently spamming hard
Posts: 6
MC Status: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Roland MV8800 here
shinobi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 10:26 PM   #140
sup909
Minor Glitch
sup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MCsup909 is a savage MC
sup909's Avatar
Bolingbrook, IL
Age: 35
Posts: 48
MC Status: 149445
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

Buzz is by far my favorite software studio, but I admit that I have really enjoyed playing around in Milkytracker lately.

Advertisements


------------------
sup909 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Electronic Music Forums

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.