Favorite DAW/Sequencer? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

View Poll Results: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?
Ableton Live 314 34.51%
Apple Garageband 3 0.33%
Apple Logic Studio 116 12.75%
Cakewalk Project5 4 0.44%
Cakewalk SONAR 26 2.86%
Cockos REAPER 29 3.19%
Digidesign ProTools 18 1.98%
Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 1 0.11%
EnergyXT 1 0.11%
Jeskola Buzz 8 0.88%
Mackie Tracktion 2 0.22%
MAGIX Samplitude 1 0.11%
MOTU Digital Performer 5 0.55%
M-Audio Session 1 0.11%
Orion Platinum 2 0.22%
Propellerhead Reason 60 6.59%
Renoise 50 5.49%
Sony Acid Pro 11 1.21%
Steinberg Cubase 84 9.23%
Steinberg Nuendo 6 0.66%
Fruity Loops Studio 158 17.36%
Audiomulch 4 0.44%
Zynewave Podium 1 0.11%
PreSonus Studio One 5 0.55%
Voters: 910. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-03-2009, 03:35 AM   #101
Stagnentsoul
Learning The Ropes
Stagnentsoul is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Favorite DAW/Sequencer?

So its st pattys day, id have to say that ableton is definately my favourite, i do favour working in loop production to nail on the fly ideas however the sequencer window is also fast and easy to make changes and rid that complete loop feel. Also the plugins are easy and sound good have mad tweakability, also sidechain options are great. Reason is up there but mainly as a rewire option....yeh ProTools 8 looks like its making a step into the IDM world as its up'd the midi side of things to compete, as an audio engineer im well excited about it

Advertisements

Stagnentsoul is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Aesoprock
Old 17-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #102
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

Does anyone here use [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(PC)? I remember seeing some screenshots and reading about a few months ago, but then I forgot the name of the DAW when I wanted to check it out some more. Now[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. Seems like it's been around since 1990 (!), and it looks pretty killer. The specs are really great and the price, is $50! How can you beat that?

I'm wondering if anyone here uses it and have anything to say about it. I have tried the demo, but I'm a bit lost and "key command handicapped" so far.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #103
Hubert
Learning The Ropes
Hubert is currently spamming hard

Hi guys,

I voted Logic, because I just simply like the possibilities that allow us to make a sound from scratch to "pre-mastering". I do like Ableton too, even if i find it a little less "user friendly", but i know it's not really relevant ^^.

Cheers
Hubert is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #104
almosthuman
almosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improvealmosthuman can only hope to improve
MA
MC Status: -21254559

@Evelon: It has bezier automation curve drawing! That's pretty awesome.

------------------
SoundCloud
MySpace

Thanks for the negative rep, douchebags!
almosthuman is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #105
integra
Minor Glitch
integra has a spectacular aura aboutintegra has a spectacular aura aboutintegra has a spectacular aura about
rotherham
MC Status: 202

i must admit after seeing some videos on youtube ableton live looks great for creativity but after downloading the demo i couldnt get to grips with it but im going to try and use it aswell as using cubase sx3 which i find straight forward.
integra is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #106
Daed
Savage Mad Cunt
Daed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MCDaed is a savage MC
Katy TX
MC Status: 390144

Quote:
Originally Posted by stochastic View Post
Yup, it's licensed under the GPL (free as in speech). It also costs nothing (free as in beer).
Yay!

Another Linux/renoise/ardour/pd user!

I'm horrid at PD but I'm (Very slowly) learning.
Daed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #107
none
Minor Glitch
none is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MCnone is a savage MC
Plugged..
MC Status: 104833

Definately Ableton Live!!

Last edited by none; 29-03-2009 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Because the earth isn't flat!!

------------------
none is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #108
testarossa
Microknight
testarossa has a spectacular aura abouttestarossa has a spectacular aura about
Boston, MA
MC Status: 195

In an ideal world, my DAW would be a combination of the stability of Logic 7 (and the ability to double-click a region and have the sample editor just open in a new window), Logic 8's delay designer and improved stereo delay, whereby you can delay just the mids or sides, and the look/feel/sound of ProTools 8...
testarossa is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Matt Lange - "Cosmology" (ON ANJUNABEATS WORLDWIDE!!!)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #109
bendybones
Learning The Ropes
bendybones is currently spamming hard

Live all the way
bendybones is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #110
shama
Regular Freak
shama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to beholdshama is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 833

hard to chose between fl and live. both are so sweet/limited crap
shama is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: xamanist
Old 19-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #111
S-N-S
Soundwave Mangler
S-N-S has a spectacular aura aboutS-N-S has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 198

WHY isent plogue bidule in the list??

its very underated

i use renoise 2,1 and PLOGUE BIDULE to destroy music

------------------
http://soundcloud.com/eroticore-stench

destroying music with:
Studio one pro,Renoise ,sensomusic usine 5,7 pro
S-N-S is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #112
PostPone
Minor Glitch
PostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura about
Sydney
MC Status: 228

I chose Orion because thats what got me started in producing music, and I still use it for writing as I find it easy to use, but I edit, mix and master in Sony Vegas/Soundforge now as the sound quality is much better than Orion. Looking to get out of Vegas though, Either get Abelive or Logic. But I gotta buy a MAC first...thats even more daunting...

------------------
PostPone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #113
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts

I'm having my hopes up for [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
. If you like Ableton Live, Vember Surge and Shortcircuit 1 & 2, you might like this new DAW that is in the making.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #114
techstar
Knob Twiddler
techstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MCtechstar is a savage MC
Stafford, UK
MC Status: 123420

I use Ableton Live 8 but also Reason 4 occasionally. Ableton is my fav though.

------------------
techstar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #115
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728

Sorry I gotta go Live despite having used fruity for 10 years.

After 10 days with Live I feel really home. If I wanna make something I know how to do it. Really easy to understand how it all works. For advanced beat making I would still use fruity, and where sequencing and having a really powerful pianoroll is needed- yeah fruity always.

Live just feels better making a song in including recorded material and samples.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #116
MAJESTRY
Minor Glitch
MAJESTRY will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 56

i love that, for how much s**t it gets, fl is still one of the top go-to DAWS. its practical and easy to lay down simple ideas in a heartbeat.. you gotta love that

------------------
MAJESTRY is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #117
PostPone
Minor Glitch
PostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura aboutPostPone has a spectacular aura about
Sydney
MC Status: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJESTRY View Post
i love that, for how much s**t it gets, fl is still one of the top go-to DAWS. its practical and easy to lay down simple ideas in a heartbeat.. you gotta love that
Thats right and Orion is quite similar in its pattern arrangement, except that Orion has endless capabilities for time signatures and displacement. In fact it's the only DAW that can do quintuplets as far as i'm aware, (Renoise maybe?) You just need to be good a maths to harness it.

------------------
PostPone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #118
CCtrl
CCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MCCCtrl is a savage MC
MC Status: 5154519

I use ableton for sequencing/fx/editing and I use Sampler and simpler a lot for creating drumkits and shit. But reason has some really good synths like the Maelstrom, and thor so I often find myself rewiring the two.
CCtrl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #119
TxH003
Regular Freak
TxH003 has a spectacular aura aboutTxH003 has a spectacular aura about
Michigan
MC Status: 165

I use Sony Acid Pro 7 with several VST instruments and effects. On occasion, I also rewired to Reason 4 to Acid.

I love the depth, but simplicity, of Acid's work flow to combine MIDI, audio and loops.
TxH003 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #120
C'est Moi
Banned
C'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to allC'est Moi is a name known to all
Within the Wood ~Omen
MC Status: 571

Ableton pretty much sets the bar now'a'days~

Advertisements

C'est Moi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote