The One Day Challenge - Create a track from start to finish in one day - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Community Projects IDMf member-led projects and collaboration.

Old 27-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
Sublimator
Sublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud ofSublimator has much to be proud of
Last Hole on Earth
MC Status: 1425
Re: The One Day Challenge - Create a track from start to finish in one day

IMO arrangement in a day is perfect, but i don't think the whole process from sound design to mastering could be done in one day (maybe if you have too much spare time and inspiration)

Advertisements

------------------
Sublimator is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #22
cpt.credible
Minor Glitch
cpt.credible will become famous soon enoughcpt.credible will become famous soon enough
Oslo
MC Status: 110

you have to take the whole day off to make music obviously. And i think part of the point is that you don't have time to make it a "masterpiece" in terms of sound-design,mixing and mastering. The limited time influences your practical and artistic choices and possibly inspire you to do things differently.
cpt.credible is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 04:23 PM   #23
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimator View Post
IMO arrangement in a day is perfect, but i don't think the whole process from sound design to mastering could be done in one day (maybe if you have too much spare time and inspiration)
Too much is never enough. When you have that much filling your head all the time, you basically die. Trust me.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #24
Hippot
Soundwave Mangler
Hippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud ofHippot has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

Anyone interested in doing a collab version of this today even though it is 1:40 pm est?
Hippot is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
neyus
Digital Surfer
neyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond reputeneyus has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 4310

The whole point of this is that you are able to make a new track that may (or most likely) have potential melodies or something within the song, then carry that potential 4 to 8 bar of w.e. is cool about it to a new song.

It's not about trying to make a good track in one day. And don't take my word for it. This track here was made based on this process. Yes there are song that will come naturally. But when it doesn't its a matter of making different versions of songs and you strip it down till it sounds right.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
neyus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #26
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

This seems like a cool idea. It is one of my favorite stages; working on riffs and melodies.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #27
Awentekr
Soundwave Mangler
Awentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud ofAwentekr has much to be proud of
London
MC Status: 1260

I wrote and recorded this track in about three hours yesterday. Just as another thing to add to my EP. Absolutely loving using the Green Oak Crystal synth.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Awentekr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #28
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

Mission accomplished... every time.
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #29
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

I can, and have, done a whole album in a day.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #30
GodString
Granular Poster
GodString has a spectacular aura aboutGodString has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Davis View Post
I can, and have, done a whole album in a day.

Wow! Seriously? That's a lot of time I'm impressed. I usually use two days on a track
GodString is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #31
D_Davis
D_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MCD_Davis is a savage MC
Seattle
MC Status: 11124485
Thanked 1,136 Times in 828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodString View Post
Wow! Seriously? That's a lot of time I'm impressed. I usually use two days on a track
Yeah. But my music is very simple compared to most here. Most of my stuff is recorded almost entirely live, onto two tracks.

------------------
D_Davis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #32
SUN of IRA
Soundwave Mangler
SUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant futureSUN of IRA has a brilliant future
Manchester
MC Status: 1610

I'm up for this. I should get a few hours some day this week to get it done. Since I just got the Microbrute at the weekend, I will make it more of a challenge and make a track purely from sounds made on the brute. I look forward to hearing more of other peoples too.

Advertisements

------------------
SUN of IRA is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote