Movies/TV Thread - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 20-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #181
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329125350
Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,171 Posts
Re: Movies/TV Thread pt.2

@clay.glad you told us about battle l.a.,i was going to go see it.
as usual the best parts of the movie are in the trailer.
the original syfy version sucked donkey dick too.
i find it hard to find a decent film nowadays,theres so much crap
being produced...hmmm...how about we blame it all on arabs....

Advertisements

Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #182
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290827
Thanked 1,244 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookster View Post
Watched M Night Shyalamamalan's The Happening last night and it was one of the worst films I've seen for quite some time. Not even remotely suspenseful, or scary in any way and the brooding shots of the trees made it so obvious even from the very first few minutes that the trees did it...the only bit that was remotely shocking in any way was the kid getting shot at close range by a shotgun
the scene that really got to me in that movie was when the dude laid down in front of the lawn mower....that was creepy as fuck.

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #183
Fox
Fox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MC
Brussels
MC Status: 24820658

i watched 'good will hunting' yesterday and really enjoyed it

------------------
Fox is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #184
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC
MC Status: 272295370
Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,571 Posts

This was an awesome watch, saw it last night:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Yeah, but he needs to rock out more.
Trusty Steed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #185
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
the scene that really got to me in that movie was when the dude laid down in front of the lawn mower....that was creepy as fuck.
Yeah that was good, but there is no shock factor in it whatsoever because as soon as you think you're gonna see a bit of blood and death and people dying all over the place - such as is one of the major premises of the film's plot - it cuts away, it was obviously made with a 15 certificate in mind although I'd hesitate to even put it at a 15.

I did watch Death Race last night which is a bloody silly but thoroughly enjoyable film.

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #186
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871479
Thanked 4,870 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote:
I did watch Death Race last night which is a bloody silly but thoroughly enjoyable film.
The original?

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #187
Sencesor
Savage Mad Cack
Sencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MCSencesor is a savage MC
The Nung River
MC Status: 89279323
Thanked 1,528 Times in 1,175 Posts

Just finished watching Apocalypto for the first time. good movie.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by antenna View Post
What is this vile sencesorcery? Be gone with ye, witch!
Sencesor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #188
mookster
peripheral being
mookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MCmookster is a savage MC
The Moon
MC Status: 232876053
Thanked 1,199 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
The original?
The one made in 2008 with Jason Statham and some hot bird.

Watching The Event at the moment, a series that puts similar high-concept Sci-Fi drama Flashforward in the shade.

------------------
mookster is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #189
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871479
Thanked 4,870 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote:
The one made in 2008 with Jason Statham and some hot bird
You should watch the 70's one. It is fucking fantastic beyond all reason.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #190
cyclops
One Eyed Cunt
cyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MCcyclops is a savage MC
ottawa
MC Status: 255290827
Thanked 1,244 Times in 848 Posts

just watched Daybreakers and The Runaways.
both were a lot better than i was expecting.

------------------
cyclops is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #191
musicophilia
Savage Mad Cunt
musicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MC
MC Status: 6721262

I watched the Simon Amstell - Do Nothing stand-up DVD.

The best stand-up iv seen in a long time, seriously fucked up and funny.
musicophilia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #192
Fox
Fox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MCFox is a savage MC
Brussels

watched 'Ponyo on the cliff' yesterday

for kids yes, but still enjoyable.

------------------
Old 24-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #193
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist
Trusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MCTrusty Steed is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
watched 'Ponyo on the cliff' yesterday

for kids yes, but still enjoyable.
I don't know about you BUT I WANT ONE!

------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Ben Steed is an art beacon, a lighthouse of abundant radiance shining on the dark corners of the world.
Old 24-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #194
Fox
Brussels

maybe if I was 30 years younger

------------------
Old 24-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #195
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
Entropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MC
York
MC Status: 63087378

I recently got into Misfits in a biiig way.

It's a kind of British 'Heroes', except the main characters are a bunch of losers with ASBOs doing community service, and they have pretty crap Powers. It's well-written, brilliantly acted, intense, funny as fuck and ultimately, it's about why it's okay (important, even) as a young adult to fuck around, get drunk, party, do drugs and experiment with life. Feels like it's about my mates.

I'm about 1/2way through Season 2 on YouTube (no idea if you can get in on YouTube Shows outside the UK) and loving it.

Highly recommended, especially if you're in the target audience of roughly 15-30 years.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Seeing so many of my quotes in peoples Sigs makes me happy.
Entropy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #196
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
Entropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MC
York

Quote:
Watch your mouth!!!!!

It's fucking sick!
I watched it three times in two days.
Is this why you're British now, old chap?

------------------
Quote:
Old 24-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #197
musicophilia
Savage Mad Cunt
musicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MCmusicophilia is a savage MC
MC Status: 6721262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I recently got into Misfits in a biiig way.

It's a kind of British 'Heroes', except the main characters are a bunch of losers with ASBOs doing community service, and they have pretty crap Powers. It's well-written, brilliantly acted, intense, funny as fuck and ultimately, it's about why it's okay (important, even) as a young adult to fuck around, get drunk, party, do drugs and experiment with life. Feels like it's about my mates.

I'm about 1/2way through Season 2 on YouTube (no idea if you can get in on YouTube Shows outside the UK) and loving it.

Highly recommended, especially if you're in the target audience of roughly 15-30 years.
Yeah its actually really good.

Its pretty scary in some bits, as way as being delightfully absurd and tongue in cheek.

The only big let down for me was how the plots came together in really ad-hoc ways...just what they need to happen always happens, as if its been magically arranged "oh wow look, we just happened to meet this new person and HE HAS THE EXACT SPECIAL POWER THAT WE NEED TO GET US OUT OF THIS STICKY SITUATION, how convenient .
musicophilia is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #198
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
York

You cunt.

I have a feeling you spoiled the next episode for me (teasers suggested a new guy turns up).

I say: don't let a contrived plot get to you. A ripping yarn is a ripping yarn, no matter how convenient it might be.

------------------
Quote:
Old 24-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #199
Trusty Steed
IDMf Artist

I feel like watching something tonight but unsure what. Something 'epic', in the genre sense of the word.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Maybe I'll watch Lawrence Of Arabia...

------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #200
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Steed View Post
I feel like watching something tonight but unsure what. Something 'epic', in the genre sense of the word.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Maybe I'll watch Lawrence Of Arabia...
Battlestar Galactica (new version).

Watch the Pilot. Epic as fuck.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote: