Ticket Prices... Shows/Festivals=Big $$$
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Scene Chat Discuss everything music scene & industry-related here.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #1
Chris Kaos
Learning The Ropes
Chris Kaos is currently spamming hard
Boston, Massachusetts
MC Status: 10
Icon8 Ticket Prices... Shows/Festivals=Big $$$

Festival tickets are a little pricey... and i can see why. But going to a club to see an artist for an hour and a half set playing pre mixed mixes and paying an arm and a leg for tickets plus wicked expensive drinks??? It's getting a little ridiculous.

Thoughts?

Advertisements

Chris Kaos is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110100
Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,412 Posts
Re: Ticket Prices... Shows/Festivals=Big $$$

Go to better festivals and shows.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199647118
Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,193 Posts

Stay home?

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to RFJ
lolirl (15-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562380
Thanked 7,429 Times in 5,251 Posts

Also, listen to better artists who dont do premixed sets? Move to a less expensive city?

I am spoiled in Ohio because we have a decent scene with big names and our fanciest clubs and most expensive drinks are probably considered cheap comapred to NYC or LA.

Weekend festivals are another matter IMO...if its a all in one ticket 200-300 ish dollars isnt that crazy if you consider the amount of artist, stages, equipment, security, renting the venue...I talked to the guys, several times, who put on most of the raves at Camp America near Oxford, Ohio. Even for that small, cheap venue and using only local and regional artists they usually didnt make a killing off the weekend and relied on a lot of free help.

I would say typically the venue owners and maybe the internationally touring artists are the only ones making any money most of the time.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:07 AM   #5
bass&moddedFreq
Ghostly
bass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant futurebass&moddedFreq has a brilliant future
Long Island, New York
MC Status: 1910

For festivals I think you always get your moneys worth.. The first weekend festival I went to I was sick 1 of the 3 days and it still broke down to 14.50 an artist which is an awesome price I think especially with the production value of a lot of festivals now... Some shows I think are over priced but I am 30 mins from NYC which is a pretty expensive place anyway

------------------
bass&moddedFreq is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
StephenCozzone
Knob Twiddler
StephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to beholdStephenCozzone is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 810

I saw one of the tickets for tomorroworld was like 4 grand for 2 people to stay in like a cabin and have access to a preparty. Like come on. Just get a regular tick at save the rest XD (Or give it to me for some new equipment )

------------------
Stephen Cozzone - Rebel

StephenCozzone is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Sigma.wav
Minor Glitch
Sigma.wav is a jewel in the roughSigma.wav is a jewel in the roughSigma.wav is a jewel in the roughSigma.wav is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

People are willing to pay, therefore other people are willing to charge.

Advertisements

Sigma.wav is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote