[Dubstep / Cybergrind / Avant-garde] Undogmatic - 4AM
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Undogmatic
Knob Twiddler
Undogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon
MC Status: 210
[Dubstep / Cybergrind / Avant-garde] Undogmatic - 4AM

How about something a bit different? A fusion between dubstep and cybergrind?
That's what I've tried to do. Dunno if it'll appease everybody, but well, that's a different story.

Old version:

Version 3, some corrections as suggested in the feedback:

Last edited by Undogmatic; 04-07-2012 at 09:07 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Undogmatic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dubstep / Cybergrind / Avant-garde] Undogmatic - 4AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Masson92
Analog Lurker
Masson92 is currently spamming hard
Edinburgh
MC Status: 10
Re: [Dubstep / Cybergrind / Avant-garde] Undogmatic - 4AM

I like the guitar melodies but that snare at the start and end has way too much reverb you could lower it alot and still get the same effect. I've never really heard cyber grind and I don't think i'd be a fan of it but the transition kind of works. You also might want to tweak the different elements in that drop at ~1:37 to give them their own space as it kind of blends in to one.

Again i don't know the genre so not sure what you were going for haha Good effort though
Masson92 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
GeorgesBoris
Granular Poster
GeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgesBoris has a reputation beyond repute
São Paulo
MC Status: 7507

I agree with Masson, the reverb is wayy too much.

I think the song need some heavy mixing, all the elements are very muffled with exception of the snare that hits me in the face, i would try to balance that, pan things around, add some sidechaining to the kick in the "dubstep" part, and in the grind part i miss some high-frequencies in the kick, what is the kick that sounds like a machine gun like all grindcore?? lol

the construction you made is really simple, the "dubstep" and the "cybergrind", both would benefit from some deconstruction.. making the track a little less linear would make it more interesting!

i want to see the evolution of this crazy mix of yours!

best of luck man.

------------------
my latest work:

GeorgesBoris is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Undogmatic
Knob Twiddler
Undogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura aboutUndogmatic has a spectacular aura about
Lisbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masson92 View Post
I like the guitar melodies but that snare at the start and end has way too much reverb you could lower it alot and still get the same effect. I've never really heard cyber grind and I don't think i'd be a fan of it but the transition kind of works. You also might want to tweak the different elements in that drop at ~1:37 to give them their own space as it kind of blends in to one.

Again i don't know the genre so not sure what you were going for haha Good effort though

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgesBoris View Post
I agree with Masson, the reverb is wayy too much.

I think the song need some heavy mixing, all the elements are very muffled with exception of the snare that hits me in the face, i would try to balance that, pan things around, add some sidechaining to the kick in the "dubstep" part, and in the grind part i miss some high-frequencies in the kick, what is the kick that sounds like a machine gun like all grindcore?? lol

the construction you made is really simple, the "dubstep" and the "cybergrind", both would benefit from some deconstruction.. making the track a little less linear would make it more interesting!

i want to see the evolution of this crazy mix of yours!

best of luck man.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

The snare drenched in reverb: I'd say I personally love it soaked in reverb instead of just a dry hit, might be because of Scorn's influence, with those hard-ass "in your face" type of snares haha.

But I can try to tweak it down a bit and see how it sounds.
As for panning the different elements in the cybergrind part to give them more room to breathe, yeah I agree, I'll have to tweak them around so there's a bigger soundstage and everything hopefully will sound less muffled.
Thanks again for the suggestions, that way I can improve it.

I've tweaked it a bit now, how about this:

Version 3, some corrections as suggested in the feedback:

Last edited by Undogmatic; 04-07-2012 at 09:07 PM..

------------------
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562380
Thanked 7,429 Times in 5,251 Posts

Just giving a listen to the second version w/o reading previous comments. The drum kit/processing/vibe is great. Guitar is a different touch, really enjoying that. At one point the guitar is quite noisey/distorted. Def. not my usual pint of beer, but well done. I've only recently come across the term cybergrind, but will check out more of it. Seems like a good place to draw influences from for some dubstep.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
Undogmatic
Knob Twiddler
Lisbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Just giving a listen to the second version w/o reading previous comments. The drum kit/processing/vibe is great. Guitar is a different touch, really enjoying that. At one point the guitar is quite noisey/distorted. Def. not my usual pint of beer, but well done. I've only recently come across the term cybergrind, but will check out more of it. Seems like a good place to draw influences from for some dubstep.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I figured a lot of people in IDMf don't usually listen to grindcore. It's a relatively small niche. Even a lot of people who listen to metal on a regular basis might not listen to grindcore because it tends to be kinda extreme.

I think it is indeed a good place to draw influences and make some kickass "in your face" dubstep.
Something like this:

Advertisements

------------------