The essence of dubstep - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
Yatmandu
Learning The Ropes
Yatmandu is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: The essence of dubstep

What are they gonna call the sl0wer, dubbier version of Purple? Deep Purple? Who comes up with all these names anyway?

Advertisements

Yatmandu is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #22
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatmandu View Post
What are they gonna call the sl0wer, dubbier version of Purple? Deep Purple? Who comes up with all these names anyway?
Haha .

I know, its a silly subgenre name.

Deep-PurpleBruisecore.
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #23
Stereo Surgeon
Savage Mad Cunt
Stereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MCStereo Surgeon is a savage MC
Bumblefuck, GA
MC Status: 12606174

I think dubstep has plenty of growing room, and wobble base is not its only consistent trait.
I would say exciting crazy new sound design is another token parts of dubstep, its allmost like a playground for artists seeing how far they can push crazy sounds that are difficult to work into other genres.
Its gonna get a good bit of mainstream time for the next 5-10 years, but nothing stays in "fashion" forever.
There will always be a big % or people who will listen to it after its heyday, but its true a bunch of yuppies are on the bro-step bandwagon at the moment.

------------------
Stereo Surgeon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the corn.
MC Status: 421871479
Thanked 4,870 Times in 2,816 Posts

Two words:

Fuck this shit.

OKay, that was three.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo Surgeon View Post
I think dubstep has plenty of growing room, and wobble base is not its only consistent trait.
I would say exciting crazy new sound design is another token parts of dubstep, its allmost like a playground for artists seeing how far they can push crazy sounds that are difficult to work into other genres.
Its gonna get a good bit of mainstream time for the next 5-10 years, but nothing stays in "fashion" forever.
There will always be a big % or people who will listen to it after its heyday, but its true a bunch of yuppies are on the bro-step bandwagon at the moment.

yep. it has a lot of room to grow, and it HAS BEEN GROWING

Sure there is a whole half of the genre full of copycat garbage, but on the other side are a lot of cool artists like eleven tigers and boxcutter.

What I find interesting is this whole half-time feel movement thats spilling over onto so many genres.
A lot of techno artists are even going halftime feel with breaks inspired kick drum patterns.

Its fantastic and refreshing the sound.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #26
Eyzuky
Soundwave Mangler
Eyzuky will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

The main thing that needs to be considered is the fact that eventhough dubstep is around for 10 years, it is still a new genre. 10 years it NOTHING! there are millions of rock bands nowdays that are around and rock is around for like 70 years maybe.

Theres a new question coming up... do you think Dubstep is getting to its extraction?
I think that if mozart and his friends took piano, strings, and all that shit, and did freakin heaven with it,
How can you think that Dusbtep is coming close to what it has to offer?

------------------
Eyzuky is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #27
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyzuky View Post
How can you think that Dusbtep is coming close to what it has to offer?
I think it can be taken a long way, and it still has further to go. I have yet to hear a 'Squarepusher'/'Aphex Twin' standard artist in any Dubstep scene/subgenre. (I realise this sounds like a hateful/condescending comment so apologies if it angers people.)

I honestly think that it can be taken further than glitch/idm stuff, but it will take a while and it just needs someone to come at it from an entirely different angle and set of musical influences. Hell, it probably won't even have an semblance to Dubstep type stuff, but will instead just be inspired by it from a unique mind.

I hope it happens, I really do. I also hope it will entirely shatter my perceptions of what can comprise music.

Advertisements

Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote