VST plugins
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
NOOTHABEATS
Regular Freak
NOOTHABEATS will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
VST plugins

Ok so I'm just wondering which VST I should look into that can generate great sounds for trance and trap music???

Advertisements

NOOTHABEATS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026591
Thanked 7,183 Times in 4,470 Posts
Re: VST plugins

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
TheWizar
Savage Mad Cunt
TheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MCTheWizar is a savage MC
Vermont
MC Status: 4837848

In all honesty, they all can. Now what I'm going to assume you mean is "what should I look into that has a lot of great presets for trap and trance". Well, that would probably be Nexus and Sylenth. Possibly even Kontakt. Hell, just the Kontakt player should be enough.

------------------
My latest work:
TheWizar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

Serums the new massive so either of those. Kontakt player. Or simply be smart and use your daw's loaded vst. Sample cut splice and tweak.

Last edited by MFXxx; 03-05-2015 at 09:36 PM..

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!
MC Status: 33060

Any..all..or none..all depends on your knowledge of synthesis and use of effects.Some are geared towards such sounds and some you have to work a bit harder to reach your end result.Just depends on what path you take.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

“Hell is full of musical amateurs.” -George Bernard Shaw
Str8Jaketed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18760

agree with straight jacket buut if you want the simple answer, sylenth
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
Str8Jaketed (04-05-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #7
Str8Jaketed
Str8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MCStr8Jaketed is a savage MC
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Tone2 for even easier.

------------------
“A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”Frank Zappa

Old 04-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
Nystagmus
Savage Mad Cunt
Nystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MCNystagmus is a savage MC
Planet Earth; 2017 AD.
MC Status: 65410
Thanked 1,308 Times in 987 Posts

FL Studio comes with a lot of trancey sounds in the Image-Line VSTi's. Check out [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Mutually-Assured Survival is preferred.

Be a false negative of yourself !
Nystagmus is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
Greenstorm33
Regular Freak
Greenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the roughGreenstorm33 is a jewel in the rough
Pennsylvania
MC Status: 310

If you wanna go the freebie/magware route, I'd check out Dune CM/BE. It does trancy sounds (as well as lots of other sounds!) really well and is generally pretty CPU-friendly to boot. The only major limitation from the full Dune v1 is that it lacks the effects section, which is hardly a limitation at all because you can just use VST effects instead. The CM version also lacks the second modulation page, while the BE version is only available in 32 bit.

Dune BE is available for free if you sign up for Beat Magazine's studiodrive (I can't post links, but just go to the site and find "Synapse Audio Dune" in PLUG-INS->Synthesizer), while Dune CM can be obtained along with a bunch of other cool plugins as part of Computer Music Magazine's plugin suite by buying a digital magazine for like $5 and downloading the plugins from the CM vault. I'd recommend buying issue 200 if possible, which I believe will net you Cakewalk Rapture (which I find harder to program than Dune but comes with lots of nice EDM-ish presets), FXpansion SingleMault CM distortion, and a bunch of Goldbaby drum samples in addition to the regular CM goodies.

Last edited by Greenstorm33; 04-05-2015 at 10:00 PM..
Greenstorm33 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 18760

a wise man once said to me......Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to joem
A.M (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #11
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834877

I reckon if you got the complete xfer collection you'd be set!

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #12
Str8Jaketed
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
a wise man once said to me......Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
And now I must steal that..

------------------

Old 05-05-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389798
Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,762 Posts

Free (PC)!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
Str8Jaketed (06-05-2015)