plucky electro house sound?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 16-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
sniff.money
Regular Freak
sniff.money is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
plucky electro house sound?

I'm trying to make a sound I've been hearing in some electro house songs latley. I'm not sure exactly what it is... sounds like some plucky/bass that's pitches up and down (and obviously sidechained). Its in wolfgangs firepower track.

Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I use NI Massive a lot so I'm hoppin to make it with that.

Thanks in advance for the help

Advertisements

sniff.money is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389848
Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,763 Posts
Re: plucky electro house sound?

Filter (LPF) enveloped sound (to make it plucky), with a semi slow sine LFO on global pitch (or adressed to all oscillators equally)...playing 8ths with one note in swing?

I will move this to the sound design subforum.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
BOV
Minor Glitch
BOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MCBOV is a savage MC
MC Status: 352241

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniff.money View Post
I'm trying to make a sound I've been hearing in some electro house songs latley. I'm not sure exactly what it is... sounds like some plucky/bass that's pitches up and down (and obviously sidechained). Its in wolfgangs firepower track.

Here's a few examples of what I'm talking about:

I use NI Massive a lot so I'm hoppin to make it with that.

Thanks in advance for the help
Do you have NI Massive 3.5? If you have the one that can use the new nmsv patches I can give you one of my patches to study that sounds close to the sound you want.
BOV is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
sniff.money
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOV View Post
Do you have NI Massive 3.5? If you have the one that can use the new nmsv patches I can give you one of my patches to study that sounds close to the sound you want.
Hell yes I have the new Massive! Paid for that badboy, all the worrie free updates I want. I would love to get my hands on that patch, I just can't seem to get that sound (or even come close). Backwords enginering a patch would be just what I need.

Hit me up with a PM
Old 20-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1536277
Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,251 Posts

It's nice that in this day and age that one has no need to learn how to use the gear he or she purchases.

I would take Evelon's advice. You're not going to learn anything by doing it the easy way.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
sniff.money
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedestroy View Post
It's nice that in this day and age that one has no need to learn how to use the gear he or she purchases.

I would take Evelon's advice. You're not going to learn anything by doing it the easy way.
Nothing wrong with backwords enginering a patch.... that way I can see what effects and filters are making the sound do what I want. I don't want his patch to use it at is, and like he said.... its not the exact sound I'm looking for anyway, but its a starting point for me to learn, improve, shape and mold to what I want. I have the exact sound I want in samples in the many vengance packs out there.... if I just wanted the sound and not to learn anything I would have just dropped the sample in.

You talk like the people on the dogsonacid forum.
Old 20-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1536277
Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,251 Posts

I'm just a big advocate of twisting some knobs to figure out what thing do, like... the ole fashioned way.

Sure reverse engineering a patch is a great way to learn (how to make that patch), but... I'd be willing to bet that you would learn quite a bit more by starting with an init patch and building a sound from there.

my 2cents anyways.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
sniff.money
Regular Freak

One of the best ways to learn is to gets your hands dirty twisting some knobs, I agree. And for the most part that is how I've tought myself how to make music. This is actually the only post or time I've ever asked the oh so commen question "how do I sound like?"

I spent many hours trying to make this sound. I figured it was time.to get some assistance insted of being to proud to ask. I wish the first posted discription was enough for me to figure I out.... but it wasn't. The patch will hopfully answer some questions... who knows. Got to hear it first.

Advertisements